Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Obama 4 more years

Obama 4 more years

With the Romney pick of Paul Ryan I think the deal is sealed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Another Ducati snob #1 masshole's Avatar

Re: Obama 4 more years

They all suck.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Panigale 1199S

Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    With the Romney pick of Paul Ryan I think the deal is sealed.
    Now Obama can get back on topic.....out of control spending and the economy

I like this pick because it leaves no doubt about the differences in philosophy between the two major candidates regarding Amercans' relationship with their Government.

November will be an important national referendum on where we want to go.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by #1 masshole View Post
    They all suck.
    100% agree

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I like this pick because it leaves no doubt about the differences in philosophy between the two major candidates regarding Amercans' relationship with their Government.

If it weren't for all the crazy right wing religious bullshit, I might actually be excited about this pair. The problem with the GOP is that they cling so tightly to the polarizing beliefs of a few on the fringe that they disenchant the rest of us.

I would rather the country have a limited relationship with its government, but I'm not going to destroy our environment, give up control over my body and health and allow unlimited buying of elections by wealthy individuals and companies to get it.

13 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Original

Obama 4 more years-3otvkp-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by #1 masshole View Post
    They all suck.
    yup

I don't know how the election will go, but I might be convinced to donate money for Joe Biden.. To purchase Vaseline. He's going to need it for the VP debates.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    If it weren't for all the crazy right wing religious bullshit, I might actually be excited about this pair. The problem with the GOP is that they cling so tightly to the polarizing beliefs of a few on the fringe that they disenchant the rest of us.

I would rather the country have a limited relationship with its government, but I'm not going to destroy our environment, give up control over my body and health and allow unlimited buying of elections by wealthy individuals and companies to get it.
    The right does not have a monopoly on pandering to their fringe elements.

The combination of conservative economic policy and more tolerant social policy is tough to find.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The only thing is, Romney and Ryan don't subscribe to the far right wing BS. And as for destroying the environment, the left agenda has done more to wreck the environment than help. Giving up control of your body? I honestly don't know where these two stand on that, but that is up to congress anyway no matter how you look at it (to make/change laws, not that it should be up to them), and as far as buying elections...you're not saying Obama isn't doing that are you? He's expected to spend over $1 billion for his re-election campaign.

I think that the choice of Ryan is actually a good one. This country is on a steep water slide as far as the economy is concerned. Ryan has shown his ability to help it based on his experience. Something that Obama did not do prior to becoming president.

BTW, LOVe his new slogan..."FORWARD." Yeah, instead of "BACKWARD" like he took us the last 4 years.

Everybody to the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Again View Post
    And as for destroying the environment, the left agenda has done more to wreck the environment than help.
    wat?

Not allowing Diesal engines that have better gas mileage. The percentage of pollutants increase does not go up statistically as much as the mileage does. Then the added necessity of Ethanol is ridiculous. Again, pollutant decrease was less statistically than the far greater decrease in mileage.

Another Ducati snob #1 masshole's Avatar

One wants to eliminate my union job, the other likes my job but wants to tap into my pension. No matter what I'm screwed.

Panigale 1199S

The only thing is, Romney and Ryan don't subscribe to the far right wing BS. And as for destroying the environment, the left agenda has done more to wreck the environment than help. Giving up control of your body? I honestly don't know where these two stand on that, but that is up to congress anyway no matter how you look at it (to make/change laws, not that it should be up to them), and as far as buying elections...you're not saying Obama isn't doing that are you? He's expected to spend over $1 billion for his re-election campaign.

I think that the choice of Ryan is actually a good one. This country is on a steep water slide as far as the economy is concerned. Ryan has shown his ability to help it based on his experience. Something that Obama did not do prior to becoming president.

BTW, LOVe his new slogan..."FORWARD." Yeah, instead of "BACKWARD" like he took us the last 4 years.
    Why is it that if I say I dislike something the right does, I'm automatically supporting Obama?

Original

Potential Liberterian / Tea Party view

Why is it that if I say I dislike something the right does, I'm automatically supporting Obama?
    I didn't say you were. I was just referring to what you said and how it does or does not apply to a Romney/Ryan ticket.

I will support them based on economical issues. As far as the issues you bring up, I agree with you on them. However they aren't staking a claim in those and sticking to what I personally feel are the issues a president and vice president should be focusing on.

It's going to be a fun year in the debates, and personally that's what I think this one is going to come down too.

Obama's charisma, Vs. Romney's goofed up wording.

I really hope Romney can convince the swing voters such as myself that he won't go crazy with the social issues. Stick with the economy, let the states handle the social issues like gay marriage. Obama has proven so far that reckless spending is not the way to go.

Backward eh? You want to tell me where the markets been trading as opposed to where it was in 08? I'll tell you: it's ALMOST back to where it was before it crashed. That's a pretty good indicator of the economic climate, for a layperson like me. This doesn't mean I'm a blue haired hippie freak, but your anti Obama rhetoric is stale. And it's not even close to november yet.
    I would really like to know what he's done, specifically, that's got all your panties in a ruffle...besides pass Romneycare. (which is the only thing that's directly effected a guy like me: I can't put as much into my fsa which pays my kid's childcare, and now I'll be taxed for having a "Cadillac" plan)
    Everything else appears to be politics as usual.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Backward eh? You want to tell me where the markets been trading as opposed to where it was in 08? I'll tell you: it's ALMOST back to where it was before it crashed. That's a pretty good indicator of the economic climate, for a layperson like me. This doesn't mean I'm a blue haired hippie freak, but your anti Obama rhetoric is stale. And it's not even close to november yet.
    I would really like to know what he's done, specifically, that's got all your panties in a ruffle...besides pass Romneycare. (which is the only thing that's directly effected a guy like me: I can't put as much into my fsa which pays my kid's childcare, and now I'll be taxed for having a "Cadillac" plan)
    Everything else appears to be politics as usual.
    The economy involves a lot more then just the stock market. Job creation, home prices, gas, food, etc. The middle class has seen a lot of "change".

Before the Obama humpers hammer me. I am not saying he caused this or even contributed more then the last guy. All I'm saying is we were promised change, nothing changed, it got worse.

Last edited by drinkingmymilk; 08-12-12 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    The economy involves a lot more then just the stock market. Job creation, home prices, gas, food, etc. The middle class has seen a lot of "change".
    My stocks= down
    My homes values= down
    My gas cost = UP
    My food cost= UP

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    Before the Obama humpers hammer me. I am not saying he caused this or even contributed more then the last guy. All I'm saying is we were promised change, nothing changed, it got worse.

If a baby pees in the Atlantic is it dirty ?

Is a Chinese coal electrical plant using USA coal cleaner ?

If humans are all one species why is a stickleback fish with 1/4 inch shorter spines a different species?

NO ONE will reverse Roe vs Wade that is a red herring. Most conservatives not bible thumpers are pro reasonable choice, in fact I encourage all birth control.

The real blood of our nation is wealth (not money) and wealth creation. Everyone will eventually go bankrupt if wealth creation in the USA is virtually eliminated. Unfortunately I think all the government is run by individuals who themselves have not ever created anything.

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post

I agree completely. The way I look at it is this way. The democrats cater to the give me crowd. Hence guys like Duval & Obama going to great lengths for them. Look at letting illegals vote. The democrats fight for welfare people, goverment workers, EBT card holders, Social Security. Basically buying votes with others money. They know if over half the public is on the dole then they will own the country. The Republicans try to appear to be on the working stiffs side but in reality they are all for Washington and more government. The only real hope is for ourselves to take back the USA. Thats why the Dems, Repubs, and the willing media all try to make the Tea Party look like fringe looneys when in fact its just regular Americans fed up with whats going on.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wirelessly posted

Tastes great... less filling! That's about as intelligent as us politics gets these days...

Paul_E_D

I spent a day at Gettysburg this summer. It reminded me that politics has always been a contact sport, candidates have always taken dirty and exaggerated shots at their opponents and parties have always pandered to the basest instincts of their constituents.

All the while crying out for fairness and intelligent discourse.

Everything old is new again and yet every four years people on all sides are "shocked" by the rhetoric.

Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, and their respective party machines will be no better or worse than any other candidates or parties.

Take it all with a LOT of salt and look at issue positions that matter to you, not personality and paid negative ads. If your candidate wins and you get 1/4 of what you hoped for, you are ahead of the game.

Lastly, don't try to tell others what should matter to them, especially if you lack the ability to disagree with real civility.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast