Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Obama 4 more years

Re: Obama 4 more years

If you look up USA economic growth was 4% annual until 1971

Now the increased expenses are more than the USA economic growth.

We have already hit the ice berg and have been taking on water for 40 years.

ONly a pragmatic business man willing to make the tough choices can stop us sinking.

We have been living under policies like designed by High school sophmore girls

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Easy for you to say, you can get married and will never need an abortion.
    Say "Hi" to Liawatha at dinner tonight. Her ads are pathetic. I'm pretty sure Mitt Romney isn't running for President to focus on this nonsense.

abortion right aren't going anywhere (which I agree with)

Gay marriage is coming (which I don't agree with)

But any candidate who is even thinking about this stuff on the first twenty pages of their agenda shouldn't get elected. They are pandering social issues tugging at the heart strings of the gullible while the economy is all that really matters.

There's plenty of room to debate the right way to fix the economy, but I just cannot reason my way to care about these distraction issues.

Apologies to those offended or those who live or die on these issues, but that how I see it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Say "Hi" to Liawatha at dinner tonight. Her ads are pathetic. I'm pretty sure Mitt Romney isn't running for President to focus on this nonsense.

abortion right aren't going anywhere (which I agree with)

Gay marriage is coming (which I don't agree with)

But any candidate who is even thinking about this stuff on the first twenty pages of their agenda shouldn't get elected. They are pandering social issues tugging at the heart strings of the gullible while the economy is all that really matters.

There's plenty of room to debate the right way to fix the economy, but I just cannot reason my way to care about these distraction issues.

Apologies to those offended or those who live or die on these issues, but that how I see it.
    And that would matter if EITHER of the Big Two were going to seriously cut spending and save the economy. But they both suck.

Fortunately, there is at least one candidate remaining (after Romney cheated Ron Paul out) who is good on BOTH those social issues AND the economy -- Gary johnson.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    And that would matter if EITHER of the Big Two were going to seriously cut spending and save the economy. But they both suck.

Fortunately, there is at least one candidate remaining (after Romney cheated Ron Paul out) who is good on BOTH those social issues AND the economy -- Gary johnson.

PhilB
    Who will not get elected. But hey, tell us all again how smart and courageous you are for voting for him. I think someone may have missed your self congratulatory circle jerk the first 40 times.

You see it exactly as you're supposed to see it, as someone who doesn't have to care about it.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

If Obama guaranteed that he could abolish gay marriage (a sample social issue) I would vote for Romney.
    If Romney guaranteed that gay marriage would be legal and on a 100% equal footing with traditional marriage in the first 100 days of his Presidency, I would vote for Romney.

Because it's a non-issue for you because you are not being denied a right.

-Alex

Who will not get elected. But hey, tell us all again how smart and courageous you are for voting for him. I think someone may have missed your self congratulatory circle jerk the first 40 times.
    Much better than being gullible enough to stick with the current parties. You could be smart and courageous, too, but you won't be.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Much better than being gullible enough to stick with the current parties. You could be smart and courageous, too, but you won't be.

PhilB
    You keep repeating it and this is all I see.

Obama 4 more years-cowardly-lion-jpg
    C-C-C-Courage...

You are correct though, a lack of intelligence and courage are 2 things I struggle with terribly day to day.

-Alex

Lifer

Regardless of who our next President is, I am worried because I have read that some economists and pundits are telling people not to invest in 401Ks. The government is going to need lots and lots of money soon. Guess where they'll look. It will be in the form of a "withdrawal tax", and to make up for it, the govt will give you a promise of enhanced SS, or something similar. Of course, that will be deferred........
    Ripped off of our SS contributions, and a possibility that our 401K money will be taxed very heavily?
    What is a middle class guy supposed to do? Neither Romney nor Obama has an answer. All we get are vague references to incomprehensible numbers. One pretends that the debt doesn't exist, and continues to spend money we do not have, trying to make a difference. The other vows to slash and cut *everything* to try to mend this hole.
    I fear for my children. I fear for all of us (well, most of us).

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Regardless of who our next President is, I am worried because I have read that some economists and pundits are telling people not to invest in 401Ks. The government is going to need lots and lots of money soon. Guess where they'll look. It will be in the form of a "withdrawal tax", and to make up for it, the govt will give you a promise of enhanced SS, or something similar. Of course, that will be deferred........
    Ripped off of our SS contributions, and a possibility that our 401K money will be taxed very heavily?
    What is a middle class guy supposed to do? Neither Romney nor Obama has an answer. All we get are vague references to incomprehensible numbers. One pretends that the debt doesn't exist, and continues to spend money we do not have, trying to make a difference. The other vows to slash and cut *everything* to try to mend this hole.
    And the second one is lying about that.

If he WAS going to "slash and cut *everything* to try to mend this hole", we'd be a lot better off, since that is what this country desperately needs if we're not to wind up like certain EU countries.

PhilB

Because it's a non-issue for you because you are not being denied a right.
    You all worried about rights huh? I say bullshit. You don't give a rats ass about the minimum wage worker who loses his job to what you call undocumented aliens or whatever politically correct term you call them that will steal that job and work for half. That minimum wage poverty level worker should be protected from the illegals and the Republicans will protect that worker much better than your piss ass community activist. How? By following Arizonas lead. What did your king do? Sue Arizona. Stop being a throne kissass.

Look more into the Roth versions of IRAs and 401k.

Nice hedge against higher taxes when you withdraw funds, assuming they don't change things up later.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Rombama 2012

Obama 4 more years-rombama-jpg

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Dude, that's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    You all worried about rights huh? I say bullshit. You don't give a rats ass about the minimum wage worker who loses his job to what you call undocumented aliens or whatever politically correct term you call them that will steal that job and work for half. That minimum wage poverty level worker should be protected from the illegals and the Republicans will protect that worker much better than your piss ass community activist. How? By following Arizonas lead. What did your king do? Sue Arizona. Stop being a throne kissass.
    This is why nobody listens to you. You yell and scream bs because you assume beliefs of people that don't align with you. If they're not a nutter like you then they're blind and worship Obama. Throne kissass? You're an idiot. You are the only person that calls him the messiah. You're like a walking logical fallacy.

The worst thing about our telecommunications revolution is that it has given the extremes a louder voice. Now they can scream so loud it sounds like they're actual close and not falling off the cliff on their respective side of the political spectrum. That's something I miss about "yesteryear", people like you were relegated to being ignored at family parties as you pissed and moaned.

-Alex

If Obama guaranteed that he could abolish gay marriage (a sample social issue) I would vote for Romney.
    If Romney guaranteed that gay marriage would be legal and on a 100% equal footing with traditional marriage in the first 100 days of his Presidency, I would vote for Romney.

marriage and abortion are states rights issues, not presidential issues, read the constitution and 10th amendment

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    marriage and abortion are states rights issues, not presidential issues, read the constitution and 10th amendment
    Right because the constitution means anything anymore. When was the last time abortion was up to the states?

[/IMG][/URL]

Lifer

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Look more into the Roth versions of IRAs and 401k.

Nice hedge against higher taxes when you withdraw funds, assuming they don't change things up later.
    That is a big assumption, IMO, but the best a working guy can do. Right now, the numbers are so large that I can only assume that nothing will be safe. What about those with Government pension plans?...Should they be nervous?...What about those drawing, or scheduled to draw from 2 or 3 or more Government pension plans??.... Is that "fair"?
    We are all nervous.

Last edited by gregp; 09-09-12 at 03:47 PM.

Good luck Mike, I agree. Asking a guy who made millions in outsourcing and eviscerating companies through leveraged buys outs to help probably won't work.

Bullshit cop-out.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck Mike, I agree. Asking a guy who made millions in outsourcing and eviscerating companies through leveraged buys outs to help probably won't work.

Bullshit cop-out.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Yes they are and I was going to post this same thought to further illustrate that these issues are irrelevant to a presidential race. I decided not to because I didn't want to deal with exactly the crap that ensued when you reminded us.

Yes they are and I was going to post this same thought to further illustrate that these issues are irrelevant to a presidential race. I decided not to because I didn't want to deal with exactly the crap that ensued when you reminded us.
    The only people I see stating that there are "irrelevent" topics are the people who believe that their problems are the most important.

I do not believe anything is "irrelevant" when you are chosing the next leader of the most powerful country in the world.

Sam

That is a big assumption, IMO, but the best a working guy can do.
    Yeap. All we can do is try to make the best decisions based on the info we all have now. Who knows what will actually happen then.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

My neighborhood station just posted $ 4.14

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

IF you asked the person only concerned with social issues to forget about them, they don't exist for a moment....... set aside everything but the economics..only look at the candidates as it relates to economics.. Now how do you vote?

Now ask the person who only cares about the economy to forget about it.... it doesnt exist.. now how do they vote?