Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Obama 4 more years

Re: Obama 4 more years

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    marriage and abortion are states rights issues, not presidential issues, read the constitution and 10th amendment
    Except that in the case of marriage, the federal government does have the duty to enforce the provision in the Constitution that states must recognize the decisions of other states, and the federal government must recognize those itself. Which means that the federal government should be repealing DOMA and recognizing marriages performed in any state (and thus also abiding by the 14th Amendment itself), and should also be striking down state laws that have been passed that refuse to recognize certain marriages performed in other states.

PhilB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    My neighborhood station just posted $ 4.14

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Except that in the case of marriage, the federal government does have the duty to enforce the provision in the Constitution that states must recognize the decisions of other states, and the federal government must recognize those itself. Which means that the federal government should be repealing DOMA and recognizing marriages performed in any state (and thus also abiding by the 14th Amendment itself), and should also be striking down state laws that have been passed that refuse to recognize certain marriages performed in other states.

PhilB
    Except at the federal level, all marriage determines is a change in tax, which the Supreme Court has already determined the Feds can apply based on any distinction they want, including their own definition of marriage that has nothing to do with what the states define it as.

Mitt Romney’s only mistake was lumping together all of the 47 percent who don’t pay income taxes.

A lot of them are elderly, and many of them are voting for Mitt. And there are some people who work, but just don’t make a lot of money, or who would be working if they weren’t legitimately disabled.

But the indisputable fact is, a huge percentage of Obama’s voters are basically wards of the state. There are millions of them, and they have no intention of voting for anyone who might want them to ever go out and work for a living — “no matter what.”

As Romney said in Boca Raton last May: “I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

He’s right. Remember the women in Detroit who were lining up for “Obama bucks” right after the inauguration in 2009. A radio reporter asked them where they thought the money was coming from, and one of them guessed it was from Obama’s “stash. I don’t know. But he givin’ it to us. We love him!”

Who do you suppose those women will be voting for Nov. 6?

Undoubtedly the same candidate as the woman in Orlando who was videotaped at a 2008 rally for Democrats saying that once Obama got in, “I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage.”

This is nothing new. There’s a classic book that’s taught, or used to be taught, in college political science classes. “Democracy in America” — it was written more than 150 years ago by a Frenchman, Alexis de Tocqueville. He had the same take as Mitt on what has become the American welfare state:

“A democracy ... can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy.”

Can someone say QE3, the Fed’s third round of so-called quantitative easing?

Anyone who doesn’t think the welfare-industrial complex is trying to increase dependency isn’t paying attention. Last weekend in Arlington, someone handed me a letter from the superintendent of a school system north of Boston that’s trying to get more kids onto the town’s free lunch program.

“In an effort to increase participation in the program,” the superintendent wrote in boldface, “any family that completes a free/reduced lunch application by September 21, 2012, will be entered into a drawing on Monday, October 5 for a chance to win one of two iPads.”

Get on welfare, get a free iPad. It may not be PC to say it, but Mitt Romney is on to something here.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That group over there has 'obama-buck' wards of the state. And that group over there has fanatical right wingers. Both will always be there. Neither are grounds to vote for or against either candidate.

Mitt Romney is onto something. Getting people like you thinking that half the country is grabbing handouts their whole lives while the rest of us are working like mad to cover for their sorry asses. Sure fire way to get people all worked up.

Problem is, that just isn't true.

Sure, some of our country is that way, but unfortunately for Romney, it is mostly the people who he is trying to gain votes from. The red states.

Love how he says all these people need to take personal responsibility yet he insists he won't touch medicare.

His comments just sealed his loss in November. Sorry, but no candidate with half a brain would insult half the country and still expect to win.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Fucked, we are fucked either way because both of these ass hats are going to fuck everything up the only decision you need to make is what you don't mind getting fucked up.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Fucked, we are fucked either way because both of these ass hats are going to fuck everything up the only decision you need to make is what you don't mind getting fucked up.
    Yup...with these two the only choice ya got is which one will cost me less. Obama and his dream of $10 a gallon gas and skyrocketing inflation or a guy that didnt increase taxes on the rich. Its a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Yup...with these two the only choice ya got is which one will cost me less. Obama and his dream of $10 a gallon gas and skyrocketing inflation or a guy that didnt increase taxes on the rich. Its a no brainer.
    Don't forget about his hopes that we bow to China and accept Islam as our national religion.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Except at the federal level, all marriage determines is a change in tax, which the Supreme Court has already determined the Feds can apply based on any distinction they want, including their own definition of marriage that has nothing to do with what the states define it as.
    Except that isn't the case. Military benefits, social security benefits, immigration status, many other things are determined by marriage. And the 14th Amendment still applies. Read it.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises

mike, you're an idiot. part of your ethos wants no govt regulation. if the prez were to, in any way, regulate against the free market of fuel, you'd be jumping up and down screaming bloody murder.
    And since when are there only 2 choices?! i vote with my principles EVERY time, regardless of who i think might win. (hint: it wasnt barry last time, it won't be this time, nor that fucktard mittens)
    but that's really nunyagoddamnbusiness.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    So it's past time for us to wise up and realize that these two are NOT the only choices we have. I'm voting Gary Johnson, because he is a man worth my vote.

PhilB

I kinda like him. He's consistent.

Half of you guys are idiots.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    Half of you guys are idiots.
    Actually, I think it is closer to 47%.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Actually, I think it is closer to 47%.
    yeah, you're right....I'm about 47% idiot too.

Sam

the polls for both Obama and Romney are going down, the media would like you to believe more people are going into the undecided column and every pollster that has called my house ignores the fact that there are more than 2 candidates

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Wouldn't it be fucking amazing if a '3rd party' candidate won. Can you imagine?

cum se cum sa
    6 of one 1/2 a dos of another
    takes a week or 7 days
    Chocolate or Vanilla wait,what

Only Paul Ryan has mentioned wealth creation but coming Jan 1 is a truck load of new regulations
    which should further cripple us and discourage investment

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Don't forget about his hopes that we bow to China and accept Islam as our national religion.

-Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I see that the left has graduated from saying if you oppose Obama's failing policies it is because your racist to if you oppose Obama's policies it because we believe he his Muslim. Well he isn't Muslim and I know this for a fact. He was a outstanding member of Rev Wrights church. You remember that patriot I think. The guy who said we deserved 911 and it was the ckickens coming home to roost. Obama is not a member of Muslim. Give him credit for over 20 years of being a faithful member of Wrights flock.

I see that the left has graduated from saying if you oppose Obama's failing policies it is because your racist to if you oppose Obama's policies it because we believe he his Muslim. Well he isn't Muslim and I know this for a fact. He was a outstanding member of Rev Wrights church. You remember that patriot I think. The guy who said we deserved 911 and it was the ckickens coming home to roost. Obama is not a member of Muslim. Give him credit for over 20 years of being a faithful member of Wrights flock.
    Could you explain to me how 9/11 was NOT the chickens coming home to roost?

Original

Nobody that died deserved to die, but our government's failed foreign policy and out of control CIA is exactly what was the cause of 9/11.

Original

Interesting:

Amber Waves of Green
    Guess what, compatriots? The gap between the richest and the poorest among us is now wider than it has been since we all nose-dived into the Great Depression. So GQ sent Jon Ronson on a journey into the secret financial lives of six different people on the ladder, from a guy washing dishes for 200 bucks a week in Miami to a self-storage gazillionaire. What he found are some surprising truths about class, money, and making it in America

Read More http://www.gq.com/news-politics/big-...#ixzz274VzIPn5

Full Article:

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/big-...?currentPage=1

Last edited by e30addict; 09-20-12 at 10:36 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC