Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Obama 4 more years

Re: Obama 4 more years

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Nothing said about the massive corporations buying politicians, or is that a given?
    Sssssh, citizens united stated they're people too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

bring back Clinton. but I can settle with Obama.

Romney/Paul are just a bunch of ass tight right wing. cant deal with them pushing religion everywhere and down people's throats.

Romney may be a rich kid, completely out of touch with the average American family and stands for some of the worst positions but he does come across as a person that "wants" to do good.

Paul Ryan just reminds me of a rich little shit that wants to watch the world burn. I hope they find a meth lab run by a bunch of hookers in his campaign motorhome.

Just seeing his face on TV makes my skin crawl.

Last edited by gadget; 08-17-12 at 08:25 AM.
    Sam

Barack Obama may be the product of a lifelong set of entitlements who is way over his head, but in his heart, he wants to do good.

Joe Biden is a completely incompetent bluster bag. Hearing his voice make my skin crawl even as I wait anxiously for the next giant faux pas that tumbles from his empty skull.

Looks like it'll be a close election.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Barack Obama may be the product of a lifelong set of entitlements who is way over his head, but in his heart, he wants to do good.

Joe Biden is a completely incompetent bluster bag. Hearing his voice make my skin crawl even as I wait anxiously for the next giant faux pas that tumbles from his empty skull.

Looks like it'll be a close election.
    You should run since you have all the answers and are so much better than that entitled product and bluster bag. You're just another blow-hard at this point.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Many who know Obama well have been quoted as saying he is out of touch. He has a reputation for being arrogant and isn't a big fan of listening to constructive feedback. His background may be in line with a compassionate person but in the end it sounds like his personality fits that of the rich kid stereotype.

As we all know Romney is no different so either way it looks like our next president will be an asshole regardless of who wins.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dic on
    Wirelessly posted

True dat.

"Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    You should run since you have all the answers and are so much better than that entitled product and bluster bag. You're just another blow-hard at this point.
    A little sand in...

I was just having fun with Gadget and illustrating something we all agree upon, namely that there are serious flaws with both tickets.

Lighten up, Francis.

Joe Biden is awesome.
    He reminds me of Bob Ueker in more ways than one.

Sam

Touch my shit and I'll kill ya.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

...but my friends call me psycho...

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    Romney may be a rich kid, completely out of touch with the average American family and stands for some of the worst positions but he does come across as a person that "wants" to do good.

Paul Ryan just reminds me of a rich little shit.
    Glad they ain't like Kerry hehehhehehehe

Kerry was a twat.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I found it very interesting that soon after declaring Ryan his running mate, Romney had to state repeatedly that Ryan was joining the Romney campaign and not the other way around. I can see that I am not the only one worried about Ryan's position on most topics.

I also find it interesting that Romney refuses to release any more tax returns than the 2 that he has already.
    I would love to see a tax return from before the time period that he decided to run for POTUS.
    I would be willing to bet that there are things in them that might not be approved of by his fellow Americans.

I don't have much to say about Kerry except to say that I found the Republican slander machine despicable.
    Kerry is one of the few politician alive that has actually performed his duty while under enemy fire. The creation and funding of the group of vets organized to slander Kerry should be viewed as one of the lowest points in the history of the American government. I can only hope that the people responsible for this are allowed to slide into the past without a single footnote.

Sam

Bush 41 and McCain served with some distinction as well.

Kerry served with distinction, he became an insufferable twat when he married way way up and put on the airs of American nobility. He was always a Kennedy wannabe. It's almost impossible to run nationally as a democrat without any ability to identify with the common man.

That doesn't detract from his service one bit.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/0...erans-022212w/

While the link does not specify "enemy fire" 21% of congress and 29% of the senate served, compared to 3% of the general population.

Last edited by SteveM; 08-17-12 at 01:48 PM.

For me John Kerry tops the list of Douches that ran for prez. Did you know he has pretty much dated nothing but Heiresses all of his life? Talk about gold digging. He's had his share of shady dealings and actions.

Lets face it though, the truth is we really have no idea who these people really are and never will. The idea of attacking a candidate for his or her beliefs/personal character is a joke and simply about getting more votes than actually trying to convey truth.

I could care less what your religion is etc. I just want someone who can solve the problems at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post

Lets face it though, the truth is we really have no idea who these people really are and never will. The idea of attacking a candidate for his or her beliefs/personal character is a joke and simply about getting more votes than actually trying to convey truth.

I could care less what your religion is etc. I just want someone who can solve the problems at hand.
    Really? I think we deserve to know as much as possible about these people who CHOOSE to run for the highest PUBLIC office we have. Granted, it would be preferable to do it without all the attack ads.

Their beliefs, personal character, and yes, religion, play a huge role in who they are. I want to know who they truly are, not just what they want us to see.

Solving the problems at hand is all well and good, but knowing as much as possible about the candidates should give us a better idea of what new ones they're going to create. To me, that's equally as important.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    For me John Kerry tops the list of Douches that ran for prez. Did you know he has pretty much dated nothing but Heiresses all of his life? Talk about gold digging. He's had his share of shady dealings and actions.

A candidates beliefs and personal character means a lot.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

They are all convinced they are wonderful and better than you

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Kerry has more stake in Bain than Romney ever did. And while Bain is a investor in Chinese technology to spy on its own citizens. I expect this news to go viral soon.
    The Hypocrisy is astonishing in the democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    The Hypocrisy is astonishing in the republican party.
    Fixed.

You can argue both parties are hypocritical. The crazies on the far right take the cake though. If you're lucky, they may let you eat it too.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    All I'm saying is we were promised change, nothing changed, it got worse.
    When Obama reached The White House, The Republican Party feared he would eclipse the last remaining Republican President (in recent history) they could use as a touchstone, Ronald Reagan. Receiving The Nobel Peace Prize (bascially, just for making it through the campaign and for winning the election) scared the shit out of The Republicans. They were forced to erect barriers to the form of change Obama wanted to institute. Trying to correct the financial markets, the banking system and all the integrated business sectors also cursed his first term as a term of seemingly no positive change, too.

The White House does not make change in this country. It can lead us to change, but it's the us that needs to make it happen. I got a chance to meet Obama during the first campaign. Two minutes aside, some small talk, a photo and then a night of rubbing elbows with people I'm unlikely to meet again. He spoke for maybe 10 minutes, and he politely hammered all of us to not stop working for change regardless of who won 2 months later and what happened after that. I think most of those people celebrated the past 3 years.

This situation didn't happen overnight (or only during W's terms, either.) Check out Andrew Bacevich's work for a look at the last 30-40 years.

2012 BMW F800R

Wow. That night this time around would cost you 40,000 dollars.

As it would with Mitt...

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Wow. That night this time around would cost you 40,000 dollars.
    That night cost a friend of mine $53,000 (for 2 tickets.) Almost all of that cost was a donation to the Mass State Dem Party who hosted the event. That money could then be spent locally on the campaign and other campaigns. I had convinced my friend over a period of time to move from Sen Clinton to Sen Obama with his support. Not pushy, he asked to talk about it a few times. He knew I'd want to meet Obama if a chance arose. He and his wife don't enjoy the spotlight, so one of my sisters (the liberal one) and I attended. Oddly enough, events like this today are costing the same amout or very close to it from what I've read recently. The higher costing events are usually "... more time with the candidate." That night, if you gave $100K+, you got 30 mins with the then Senator. (My friend made his money transforming his father's home delivery oil business into a larger enterprise over several decades of hard work that continues today.)

It was funny to see: Almost all of the dinner crowd (280 people) were running from table to table talking to friends and aquaintenances that they only see at events like this one (I finally realized.) All but one from what I saw put their cell phones away...that guy was at our table, and he was a $100K+ donor who was a D.C. real estate developer. He also had the best fitting suit I had ever seen. The biggest thrill for people (really) was meeting Harry Connick, Jr who spent most of the day with Obama talking about New Orleans. He and his daughter led us in singing Happy Birthday to Obama and then hung out for dinner/drinks/chat. You could walk up to Harry and talk his ear off (as my sister did.) This was a combo event: fence mending with the Clinton supporters (as Sen Clinton had just suspended her campaign), a birthday celebration for Obama here where he had friends from law school, a Dem Party Fund Raiser, and more campaigning. Amazing food and drink. More glasses in front of me at dinner than I knew what to do with.

2012 BMW F800R