Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK, who saw the GWB ad during game 3?

The one with him hugging the kid who's parent died in 9/11.

What did y'all think of it?

I liked it. Good stuff, hugging kids, classic politics, actually spoke to a character of the president I give a damn about.

edit: Made him actually look like a "compassionate conservative", IMO his campaign should have been playing that up more during this campaign.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Littering and........

As much as I HATE to admit this....

Its good to hear about a politician actually taking the time to make a quality advertisement that doesn't sling mud at the opponent.

Originally posted by The KING
    FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!
    It's so opportune you chose to chant this on a day when I can chant: FOUR MORE DAYS! FOUR MORE DAYS! FOUR MORE DAYS!

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Littering and........

Six more days....six more days.....six more days......six more days.....six more days......six more days.....six more days......six more days.....six more days......six more days.....six more days......six more days.....six more days......six more days.....six more days......six more days.....six more days......

oooh can I get in on this too..

1 MORE GAME!! 1 MORE GAME!! 1 MORE GAME!!

Scott Major
    Ferrari Fix it Club Racing
    ALMS, SCCA, LRRS, CCS, FUSA #'s 161, 62, 676, 661, 205, 12, 60, 89...

Karloff? Sidekick? FUCK YOU!! That cocksucker does not deserve to smell my shit!

So what is that commercial supposed to prove anyway?

That they failed to protect us and now he hugged a girl, in front of the camera's, and that makes all of our lives better how???

Damn I hate politics!!!

Originally posted by RSVMILLE661
    oooh can I get in on this too..

1 MORE GAME!! 1 MORE GAME!! 1 MORE GAME!!

I don't even want to get into this. I stay far away from these threads as possible and don't want to start now.

So, don't pick apart my words....the point is, he hugged a girl big deal. I hug my daughter everyday. Matter of fact, I hugged her with compassion after her father was killed.....big deal...should I run for president?? I'll answer that for you. No...I'm not qualified.

Originally posted by Jaynnus
    I don't even want to get into this. I stay far away from these threads as possible and don't want to start now.

So, don't pick apart my words....the point is, he hugged a girl big deal. I hug my daughter everyday. Matter of fact, I hugged her with compassion after her father was killed.....big deal...should I run for president?? I'll answer that for you. No...I'm not qualified.
    Yeah, it doesn't really matter ALL that much that he did that in terms of whether he's qualified to be president, BUT, would you rather see that type of an ad, or the type of ad that both parties have been putting out lieing with statistics about this issue or that issue?

Me, I'd rather see an ad that focuses on some character of the president that doesn't get seen very often, than an ad (from either side) that uses numbers and figures to try to confuse and bewilder...

Littering and........

...should I run for president?? I'll answer that for you. No...I'm not qualified.
    Yes, you should. I would vote for you.

Originally posted by highsider
    Yes, you should. I would vote for you.

but you have not seen my qualifications yet!! Should I post a pic??

Littering and........

but you have not seen my qualifications yet!! Should I post a pic??
    Your avatar is all the pic/qualifications I need.

That was a very good ad, which by the way, was not paid for by the Bush/Cheney campaign.

Anyway, it shows a side of the President that very few people will ever see and that is a very good thing. It shows what I have been saying all along; he is a good, decent man.

LRRS#167

That they failed to protect us
    You're absolutely right!!! You owe it to yourself to find out WHY!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Originally posted by lrrs167
    he is a good, decent man.
    And despite what you may think, I happen to agree with you there. He is a good and decent man, but his politics and my politics don't square. Lots of good decent people out there, but those qualities alone don't make a good president. I really don't think that this president has acted out of malicious self interest at all... but the interests he does act under still scare me.

I still think it was a good political play.

Lifer

You actually believe that there is no political basis in him hugging the girl?

Every freakin thing Bush and Kerry do from the minute they wake up to the minute they go to bed is influenced by their political advisors and pollsters.

Bush doesn't seem to have campaigned as much as a "compassionate conservative" this time as last time.

In any case "compassionate conservative" is a bunch of horseshit as his policies didn't end up reflecting his promises much in his first four years. Whether you think he has done good or bad, he hasn't really stayed with his "plan" and "mission" that he promised when he ran in 2000.

I think it is a very bad thing that this has happened, if our leaders get to the point where the only thing they think about is looking good for the cameras I think they become compromised.

Ben

I thought you republicans likes that he was a hard-ass bully? Aren't democrats supposed to be the pussies?

I don't care if he's mother theresa. He's not a bright man. I'm not saying he's dumb, but I don't think he is wise enough to be our president.

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Originally posted by benVFR
    I think it is a very bad thing that this has happened, if our leaders get to the point where the only thing they think about is looking good for the cameras I think they become compromised.

Ben
    All I am saying is that as a "political play", devoid of my personal political leanings, it was a smart play. Especially given the American public's propensity to forget quickly what was promised on the campaign trail in comparison to reality. Whether or not this president was actually a "compassionate conservative" or not, people seem to have amnesia about promises anyhow, so wouldn't it be smart for Rove and Co. to play up an image of compassionate conservatism?

Also, given the fact that EVERY SINGLE AD from both sides spins the numbers the way they want to see them (lieing with statistics), wouldn't you rather see "character ads" than BS that you have to take with a grain of salt given the source? I sure would.

EDIT: And of course there was a political basis in hugging the girl, but that doesn't mean that politics and personal compassion can't align. So much the better for the politician when they do. No matter who you are in this country you can't help but feel compassion for a child who lost their parent in the 9/11 tragedies. I really don't think the president is so cold as to have simply engineered this for pure politics, and if he did, does it matter? (unless of course you really think that he completely didn't care about the tragedy) Just my gut reaction to it. Yes it was politics, but there's also genuine personal compassion behind it too. A political power play if there ever was one.

Littering and........

ENOUGH BICKERING, ALL OF YOU.

I made the perfectly reasonable suggestion that we storm the capital and place Aaron Yates in office as Prez, lrrs167 as Veep, and SevensGT as Secretary of Defense, AND NOT ONE OF YOUR FUCKERS SHOWED UP.

We could have had lots of fun turning the reflecting pool into a jump for our motard track, but NOOOO, you were all too busy working, and living in reality and stuff.

BASTARDS.

Originally posted by TheIglu
    I thought you republicans likes that he was a hard-ass bully?

Bully?

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Re: OK, who saw the GWB ad during game 3?

Originally posted by hohum
    The one with him hugging the kid who's parent died in 9/11.

What did y'all think of it?

I liked it. Good stuff, hugging kids, classic politics, actually spoke to a character of the president I give a damn about.

edit: Made him actually look like a "compassionate conservative", IMO his campaign should have been playing that up more during this campaign.
    no i missed it..but this is one of the reasons i like him...he really is more "like" the people then Kerry is.....whether it is an act or not I dont know...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

I made the perfectly reasonable suggestion that we storm the capital and place Aaron Yates in office as Prez, lrrs167 as Veep, and SevensGT as Secretary of Defense, AND NOT ONE OF YOUR FUCKERS SHOWED UP.
    I missed the call to arms....

Shall we try again???

LRRS#167

Littering and........

I missed the call to arms....

Shall we try again???
    YES, DAMMIT!!! SPORTBIKERS UNITE!!!!

So, are you going to lead us to Washington on your Concours??? I suppose I could let you ride my FZR1000, at least that way you would have a REAL sportbike.

LRRS#167

Littering and........

So, are you going to lead us to Washington on your Concours??? I suppose I could let you ride my FZR1000, at least that way you would have a REAL sportbike.

Fucker....the Connie is very Presidential.:

And, BTW, Mr. Smarty Pants, , I just bought an R1 last weekend. So there.

:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast