Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I think some people may have missed....

this comment from hohum.... I thought this was outstanding....

It really sums up why this election turned out the way it did...

"And for those who don't get it? That was explained to me in late 2002 by Mark McKinnon, a longtime senior media adviser to Bush, who now runs his own consulting firm and helps the president. He started by challenging me. ''You think he's an idiot, don't you?'' I said, no, I didn't. ''No, you do, all of you do, up and down the West Coast, the East Coast, a few blocks in southern Manhattan called Wall Street. Let me clue you in. We don't care. You see, you're outnumbered 2 to 1 by folks in the big, wide middle of America, busy working people who don't read The New York Times or Washington Post or The L.A. Times. And you know what they like? They like the way he walks and the way he points, the way he exudes confidence. They have faith in him. And when you attack him for his malaprops, his jumbled syntax, it's good for us. Because you know what those folks don't like? They don't like you!'' In this instance, the final ''you,'' of course, meant the entire reality-based community."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    no, we didn't, we just didn't agree with it, and all the assumptions made within.

So you think most of the people who voted for Bush voted for him for the reasons YOU did?

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Originally posted by hohum

So you think most of the people who voted for Bush voted for him for the reasons YOU did?
    doesn't much matter WHAT reasons he voted for GWB... his vote didn't count, anyway...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

ok, you're hatred for Bush is sooo obvious, that you can't see any other reason why anyone who isn't in-line with you would actually vote for Bush.

Kinda like the pre-emptive pot thing, you're so firm in your beliefs that nothing, not even reason itself, will change your position.

you basically default to saying only the ignorant voted for Bush.
    I think you are taking my sig line way too seriously... sheesh

I give you more credit than you think Joe. ACTUALLY, what I was saying is that I trust that YOU voted for Bush for a set of reasons that you can clearly and carefully articulate, but that a significant portion of the population did not vote for him for any clear intelligent reason. Just like a significant portion of the Kerry voters voted for him out of pure hatred for Bush, and not for any clear intelligent reason.

As far as I am concerned (and pretty much everyone else who was discussing the "pre-emptive" pot thing) I didn't see you present any clear reason why your way was better than mine. All that you did is argue that the end justifys the means.

*sigh*

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Yup, what you were saying is different all right...
    OK, so basically you think that most of the people who voted Republican did so for well thought out reasons, but most who voted for Kerry did not? So basically you are EXACTLY as bad as the liberal that voted strictly because they hate Bush... OK I take it back

Do you REALLY, SERIOUSLY, think for one moment the IQ average accurately represents the pool of actual voters? LMAO...
    Nope, I don't. Still a funny little peice of propaganda/anecdotal evidence