Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good Pitbull Video ***graphic****

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Tells a bit about the breed just watch the movie...

http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

I got a real killer on my hands...

LRRS#167

mines nice but i would not fool with my kids

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

I never believed in any breed being "naturally" vicious. Humans make them this way. I've had rotties, dobermans, labs, german shepperds...none of them was vicious. They were all such big babies, always seeking attention and love.

Some of those pictures are horrible and I hope the people who made those dogs so miserable will rott in hell. I'm thankful that some people also take good care of their dogs.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

ya me too..lol

I hate the rep pit bulls get.. yes pit fighting is in their genes or whatever..but what people do not understand when pit fighting first started out it was not so brutal towards the animals ...there were no fights to the death..

the owners would be in the ring with the dogs and when they locked on the owners would pull them off...and the owners never got bit...well maybe not never...but you get the idea...

So if anything pit bulls can be agressive towards other dogs...but not humans...

They are 10,000 times less likey to bite a human...but if they do...it will do 10,000 times more damage then a typical dog...thats why they get such a bad rep....

But it is the owners fault regardless...you get these morons that have them and treat them mean...train them to attack...and steak from ropes like 5' in the air and train them to lock on to it and swing them around.... some even feed the dogs gun powder because it is supposed to make them meaner...

SO they do this and the whole time they do not socailize the dog...people do not go around the dogs....so then the dog gets out because the owner is a moron then the dog attacks someone and it's the dog....tragic..

or a kid walks by and torments the dog....kids can be very cruel to animals.....the dog does not know how to react except to flip out...breaks his chain or whatever and the kids gets hurt...

it's terrible...people should smarten up

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Haley is a boxer pit bull mix...she's a real killer too

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

My Pit is awesome . You wouldn't believe the condition of this rescue when we got her but MAN, is she a love now.

After having one, I'd DEFINATELY get another.

-Matt

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Thanks for the replies guys good to hear some positive info about pitbulls instead of the usual negative b.s.. I love that picture above! Funny how the sprinklers and vacum machines are the enemy all our guys go after them haha!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

I don't know what I would do without my Bailey (that's my girl above lounging in HER chair). I also have a Boxer and they both get along great!!!! My Pitbull was a rescue, also. We got her as a 5 month old puppy and she had been to three different homes before us. The reason why the previous three families had to return her was because their landlords found out that she was a Pit. They do have a bad rep and that is really too bad because they are one of the most loving and loyal breeds. Ours is mixed with Rottie, by the way, so she should be twice as vicious, right?!?!?!?! WRONG!!!!!

I love my dogs!!!!

LRRS#167

not my favorite animal. Regardless of their training they are an unpredictable breed of dog. "Family dog"?? not in my family.

Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

And they say the same thing for Dobermans, and Rotties. Well, let me tell you..I've spent my young life with those breeds. While my parents were partying and getting wasted, those dogs saved me from doing stupid things. They slept with me every nights, protecting me. THEY WERE family dogs. Protective, playful, curious, friendly with everyone, specially kids. But I can tell you one thing, they hated to smell people with alcohol in my house. My dogs were my companions and best friends when I was young. And I know I was safe with them by my side.

I hate seeing pictures like this. It makes me sick to my stomach. I hate the people who do that to any animal. I've seen on Animal Planet, some horses, dogs, and other species, being starved to almost death, before they got rescued. Has anyone seen that episode where a dog was dead in his backyard, stucked in a chain link fence?? The owner said she was not even aware that the dog was dead!!! That means she never checked on him, feed him or took care of him. BOETCH! I'll stop here, cause I have too many to list...

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Originally posted by bigred875
    some even feed the dogs gun powder because it is supposed to make them meaner...
    Holy shit I had never heard that one..... I wonder how the asshole's that do that would feel if they were forced to eat it also. Maybe they would feel really good after it I am sure there would be no digestive problems from eating it.

I babysat for some of my friends pitbulls and they loved me, They can be such loving dogs...
    Bad reps suck.....

It wasn't me I didn't do it (unless you have the negatives to prove it)

You guys all have some healthy, good lookin dogs. Makes me wish I had a house of my own so I can buy myself a friend (no, really, I wish I still lived where there was a dog. )

I have never heard of a dog raised properly doing something unexpected. If you threaten them, they will feel threatened.

The family dog we have is a black lab/rotwieler/newfoundland mix. She's a big baby and growls like crazy when I try to take her little "baby" away (stuffed animal), but she will do nothing but nibble on your sleeve if you get it from her and she's pissed. Not bite, just nibble with her little front teeth. She's a big dog, nealry 90 lbs, with long hair so she looks even larger. You can wrestle with her, try to take any bone you give her or anything else that some other dogs might be mean about. She'll growl like crazy, but we know she won't bite. After 11 years, ya get to know a dog pretty well.

It's all how you raise them. I will never be convinced otherwise. If you make them feel like just another part of the family, they will treate everyone the same. If you make them feel like a part of the house to use at your convenience, they will also act accordingly.

It bothers me how people can just label a dog and not an owner.

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

not my favorite animal. Regardless of their training they are an unpredictable breed of dog. "Family dog"??
    I will take a wild guess and say you're a cat person.
    I don't believe there is a such thing as an unpredictable dog. I would never worry about either of my dogs harming anyone in my home in a vicious way. They would, however, fight to the death to protect any of their family. The bottom line is that dogs are what their owners make of them. If the owners are kind and caring with their dogs, the dogs will reciprocate. If owners are mean to the dogs, they MAY be inclined to be mean dogs, but not always. If you read any of the captions from the video, you saw that several of the abused dogs, on the brink of death, still had enough energy to show their happiness at being rescued. Dogs are great judges of character.

LRRS#167

We had a pit bull when I was a kid. Got it while it was a puppy and had it until it got hit by a car. Ours was very friendly. It would follow you to the end of the earth (and lick you when you got there) if you wanted him to.

It's all about the upbringing. Train it early and establish boundaries. Just don't leave it around other dogs.

Yup.

Agreed 100%

Originally posted by lrrs167
    I don't believe there is a such thing as an unpredictable dog. I would never worry about either of my dogs harming anyone in my home in a vicious way. They would, however, fight to the death to protect any of their family. The bottom line is that dogs are what their owners make of them. If the owners are kind and caring with their dogs, the dogs will reciprocate. If owners are mean to the dogs, they MAY be inclined to be mean dogs, but not always. If you read any of the captions from the video, you saw that several of the abused dogs, on the brink of death, still had enough energy to show their happiness at being rescued. Dogs are great judges of character.

Originally posted by lrrs167
    No, I have horses, which are also unpredictable. I was attacked by a "family pitbull" who was not beaten and was well trained, Never was provoked. It may have been an isolated incident, but it's one time too many for me. I don't care if others have them, they just aren't for me Not trying to argue, just thowing in my .02

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

No, I have horses, which are also unpredictable. I was attacked by a "family pitbull" who was not beaten and was well trained, Never was provoked. It may have been an isolated incident, but it's one time too many for me. I don't care if others have them, they just aren't for me Not trying to argue, just thowing in my .02
    I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with a Pitbull.

LRRS#167

Originally posted by Teez
    Regardless of their training they are an unpredictable breed of dog.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but this is an ignorant, blanket statement that fosters breed specific legislation and infuriates those of us who actually have the dog(s) and know FIRST HAND what they are REALLY like.

Blanket statements are a sign of lack of knowledge towards the group being represented. You have not met every member of, nor are you an expert, in the breed. You may have had a bad experience with ONE particular member of a breed, but to blanket dismiss any one group because of ONE bad apple is just ignorant.

No animal attacks anything unprovoked unless it's just crazed. It goes against ANY animals' survival instinct. We often don't know how we provok dogs because we don't understand them and we sure don't communicate with them very well. They sure don't speak our language and I assure you, people who aren't into dogs, sure can't speak theirs.....

Horses are not domesticated the way dogs are and horses sure are not pack animals. They're beasts of burden and they should be expected to be unpredictable. If you were kept in a stall until somebody decided they wanted to ride you, you'd be unpredictablele too.

-Matt

The Garden hose is her FAVORITE toy, by far.

OMG, these 3 are adorable !! The one on the left looks like a total goofball !!

Originally posted by RevHappy
    I love that picture above! Funny how the sprinklers and vacum machines are the enemy all our guys go after them haha!

-Matt

Originally posted by Matt
    Sorry for sounding harsh, but this is an ignorant, blanket statement that fosters breed specific legislation and infuriates those of us who actually have the dog(s) and know FIRST HAND what they are REALLY like.

Blanket statements are a sign of lack of knowledge towards the group being represented. You have not met every member of, nor are you an expert, in the breed. You may have had a bad experience with ONE particular member of a breed, but to blanket dismiss any one group because of ONE bad apple is just ignorant.

No animal attacks anything unprovoked unless it's just crazed. It goes against ANY animals' survival instinct. We often don't know how we provok dogs because we don't understand them and we sure don't communicate with them very well. They sure don't speak our language and I assure you, people who aren't into dogs, sure can't speak theirs.....

Horses are not domesticated the way dogs are and horses sure are not pack animals. They're beasts of burden and they should be expected to be unpredictable. If you were kept in a stall until somebody decided they wanted to ride you, you'd be unpredictablele too.
    I personally had one bad experience, but I've seen this particular breed in several incidents. I understand you like them so obvioulsy you defend them, that is your right. I thought that is what this section of NESR was about, differences of opinion. I'm not trying to fight with you, but you sound just as ignorant stating that horses are kept in a stall until someone decides to ride them....well not my horses. Are there people out there like that? definitly, but they are the minority as well. Are horses as domesticated as dogs, no, but they have been progressivly bred so over the years.

If I were to suggest a "family dog" to someone, it would be something more traditionally known as a family dog. I was weighing in on a thread on controversial topics, I didn't want to write a novel. I guess that may be seen as a blanket statement.

In my case this animal attacked two little girls for no reason. Maybe he saw one of my Barbie's looking at him funny and that provoked him . He walked over bit at our backs, walked away, came back 4 minutes later, bit the other girls arm(his owners daughter whom he'd known for years) and made a substantial gash in her arm. Crazed, not really, fairly non chalant. It was very disturbing.

I have an idea....how about you have your opinion and I'll have mine. We'll call it at "agree to disagree"

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Matt, by the way, I am in to dogs....I have one, it's just not a pitbull.

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

I have been raised with dogs that are considered "dangerous". I loved them so much. But somehow, I also took the decision to not have them around my kids, now that I'm the grown up. The simple reason to it is...why take chances? I'd say most dogs will never do anything, but I just don't want my kids to be part of statistics, so until they are older, I'm gonna stick to cats and birds. Also ...I have to admit. One of the dobermans we had...did attack me. I was trying to get in my parents bedroom, while the dog was sleeping on the bed with my dad. The dog, for some reason that I'll never know, woke up, got out of bed, waited until the door was open just enough, and then jumped on my leg, biting my knee, and ripping off my pants. I still have the scar of that bite. My dad jumped out of bed, grabbed the dog from behind and started to hit him in the ribs to make him let go of me. I was crying, scared out of my mind...and crawled in the bathroom to look at my wound. The dog then came to me, started to lick my knee and lowered his head as if he was saying "I'm sorry..." he looked so miserable, seeing me in pain. For some reason, I've never been mad at him. I don't know why. I thought maybe he was asleep, and as he woke up, maybe he didn't really "smell" me on the other side of the door and feared that it could be a stranger? The thing is...I can't help but thinking that if he had jumped at my throat, I wouldn't be here today. I still admire this breed...they are gorgeous dogs. Call me crazy. I guess I just can't believe animals, specially dogs, could hurt us in a "volontary malicious" way.

Originally posted by Teez
    I'm not trying to fight with you, but you sound just as ignorant...
    I never addressed your character, only your statement.

I have an idea....how about you have your opinion and I'll have mine. We'll call it at "agree to disagree" [/B]
    Absolutely. Besides, I'm not trying to change your opinion.

I commented on your statement, you comment on my character. You had an incident with one pit, now you're expounding on the entire breed.

I have nothing to add, it speaks for itself.

....although I'm mildly curious as to where you keep the horses if not in a stall? My sisters just would not come in the house. j/k

I do think animals are capable of doing something we don't expect, however, I don't think they're unpredictable. Predictablity and knowledge of the situation, go hand in hand.

-Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast