Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So this one will probaly get a few

of you pissed....

I am as of today boycotting Hot 106.3 fm in RI. Today while my son was riding around with me a commercial came on and it went a little something like this....

Welcome to the hottest gay friday night in providence, that's right if yuo are gay bi-sexual, or into an alternitive lifestyle on the DL then this is the spot for you. We got our new hip-hop spot open for the absolute hottest gay friday night in providence... Right here behind the PPM so bring you gay ass down to party it off(i added that last line)

so here's my problems

1 it's day time radio and my son is listening(getting this pushed in his face)
    2 If you're gay on the Down Low(DL) then why are the telling haters to find this club, I mean do they want riots???
    3 I used to go to a club on thrusday nights that was questionble but it's poularity was passed on by word of mouth(thursday was straight night with a strip show at the end)

go ahead call me a gay-hater or bigot(heard that one before), but I don't think it should be an in my face subject

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

"hot gay night"....

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Just admit it you got gay fantasies ......
    sevens probaly means how many time you had a " experience "
    = +

nada
    confusius says " gardrails can hurt like a motherfucker "

WOW racya posts after over a year...must be his type of place

I was at an early Halloween party last week and I left with the phone number of a hot lesbian.
    but I am not gay

My Name is Chrissy
    This is Jello

Have you hugged a corner today?

Littering and........

Originally posted by The KING

again, thank the libs....
    Joe, if you stub your toe in the morning on your way to the shower, do you blame that on these "libs" as well???

Sevens, I definitely see your point, and the gay guys that I know (my wife is a hairdresser, so I have met a few) would actually probably agree with you.

Heterosexuality is the norm. Fuckin shoot me if you dont like it, I'm with Sevens. So I dont think its at all cool to have that sort of thing on daytime radio. I'm not saying I encourage intolerance of homosexuals, I dont know if some folks are born that way, or what, but I know that most of them wish they weren't gay, they just cant help it. And I dont think that a radio ad about "gay night" in the middle of the day putting that idea in suggestive minds is a good idea.

Just my two cents.

All y'all sayin that shit presumes homosexuality is a choice. As if some DJ on some show could convince your son or daughter to be gay. Gimme a break!

highsider You really think homosexuality is a choice? While engaging in a homosexual lifestyle is a choice (as engaging in a heterosexual lifestyle is also a choice), you can't choose to be gay any more than you can choose to be heterosexual.

YOU have a choice, turn off that radio station. Let the airwaves be free, and if you don't like it, go elsewhere, or tell the radio station what you think, but proposing to ban speach that clearly can't be CONVINCING speach is silly.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Originally posted by highsider
    I'm not saying I encourage intolerance of homosexuals, I dont know if some folks are born that way, or what, but I know that most of them wish they weren't gay, they just cant help it. And I dont think that a radio ad about "gay night" in the middle of the day putting that idea in suggestive minds is a good idea.
    See, ya contradicted yourself. You said that most gay's wish they weren't gay (implying its not a choice), then you say the radio show is putting ideas in "suggestive minds" (implying that its a choice).

Which is it? A choice, or the way you are born?

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Originally posted by The KING
    Just as you have a choice to not observe "Jesus Day"....
    Yup, true dat!

Littering and........

Originally posted by hohum

All y'all sayin that shit presumes homosexuality is a choice. As if some DJ on some show could convince your son or daughter to be gay. Gimme a break!

highsider You really think homosexuality is a choice? While engaging in a homosexual lifestyle is a choice (as engaging in a heterosexual lifestyle is also a choice), you can't choose to be gay any more than you can choose to be heterosexual.

YOU have a choice, turn off that radio station. Let the airwaves be free, and if you don't like it, go elsewhere, or tell the radio station what you think, but proposing to ban speach that clearly can't be CONVINCING speach is silly.
    I dont know if homosexuality is a choice or not, I'm not gay. But I honestly doubt that it is, because of the few gay guys I've known (never met a real live lesbian), they all wished they could be straight so life would be "simpler". But then again, maybe some folks are "on the fence" in their younger days, when their minds are more open to suggestion....I really just dont know.

I'm all for free airwaves, I think that we should burn the FCC to the ground. But I think its Sevens' right to boycott the station because he doesn't want to have to worry about having to flip the channel quickly so his son doesn't have to listen to ads for a gay club. Thats how it should work - the market should govern what goes over the airwaves.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

I'm no lesbian either. But my mom is. All I can say is that when we found out, after she was married to my dad for about 28 years, is that she told me that she had an attraction for women at a very young age, but at that time, it was not talked about, it was "taboo", so she never really knew until later what it was that she was feeling, when it became a more talked subject in the society. She didn't divorce my dad because of this, tho. She did because they were not happy togueter because of drugs, alcohol and abuse happening on a daily basis. She loved my dad. So...that's about it. I can't stand the image of my mom being with another woman, it's not normal to me. It's not as if she just experienced it once for the fun of it. But I accept it, and if that's what she wants, I have no business to tell her otherwise.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Littering and........

Originally posted by hohum
    See, ya contradicted yourself. You said that most gay's wish they weren't gay (implying its not a choice), then you say the radio show is putting ideas in "suggestive minds" (implying that its a choice).

Which is it? A choice, or the way you are born?
    I just flat out dont know. I dont have a clue. But I do know that it isn't the easiest way to live for a number of reasons (AIDS, asshole rednecks, etc), and I wouldn't want to predispose my child to it if I thought there was ANY chance it might contribute to him/her being gay.

Well, would you have been as upset if it was for a straight strip club? It's not uncommon for them to have radio ads or billboards. Don't see what the big deal was as long as they weren't being explicit or graphic.

You need to find one of those radio stations that always advertise "...and we never play anything to embarass you in front of your kids..."

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Littering and........

Originally posted by SWEET_Z

You need to find one of those radio stations that always advertise "...and we never play anything to embarass you in front of your kids..."
    Well, if I HAD kids (you fuckers had better not be jinxing me), I would probably not listen to a station that played ads that I might find objectionable, particularly if they did once and it was out of the ordinary.

To clarify, during the Howard Stern Show in the morning, an ad of that sort wouldn't bother me at all. But at 3PM in the afternoon, I'd be like The local station here in Burlington seems to know the difference, and so i listen to them.

OK, so we still agree... Boycott the station if you don't like it. But, if you REALLY want to be effective, call em up and tell them you are boycotting them and that you will be actively trying to take away listeners. Thats more likely to have an impact than one person dropping off the ratings...

Cheers,
    Chris

GOOOOOO RED SOOOOXXXXXX

Or just call up the FCC. They'll slap a stupidly large fine on em. No more strip club ads after that.

It's the American way. Right Joe?

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Originally posted by SWEET_Z
    Or just call up the FCC. They'll slap a stupidly large fine on em. No more strip club ads after that.

It's the American way. Right Joe?
    Boy oh boy, are you living in another world or what??? It's not a stripclub ad, it's a night club ad the promotes a gay lifestlye on the DL....

OK, so we still agree... Boycott the station if you don't like it.

see this

I am as of today boycotting Hot 106.3 fm in RI.

Thats okay if it's a radio program, not a midday ad. They are 2 totally different situations... When my kids are in the car I do play more attention then usual becuase I don't want them exposed to things that being 3 they shouldn't be exposed to

This is the sort of crap that really pisses me off...(I know, doesn't take much, right?!?!)

Anyway, I have no problem with homsexuals, as long as it is not thrust in my face. Unfortunately, that is exactly what many homosexual groups do nowadays. They have their gay parades and clubs and advocacy groups, etc, etc. If they would just keep it to themselves, no problem, but they can't. SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY! Go do your little gay thing without making a big production of it. I mean can anyone imagian the outcry from the flambouyant gay groups if we wanted to have a "Traditional Family Day" or a similar public display???

And just so you all know, I have an aunt who is a lesbian. And even she has a big problem with all of the "in-your-face" antics of many gay groups.

I don't want to suggest that homosexuals are not entitled to their free speech, but they really should use some common sense, deceny and respect for others, i.e. THE MAJORITY!

LRRS#167

Double standards. You want your god damn Jesus day? THEN DEAL WITH AN AD.

I know I'm not gay, and I have no problem listening to ads on the radio about gay people. I don't get embarrassed, flustered or insecure. I can hang out with a gay guy and not think he's gunna end up having raunchy butt sex with me. I can enjoy the company of gay family members without feeling ashamed.

I think I would feel like a pretty intolerant person if I didn't want a radio ad to be played because it appeals to gay people.

The radio is filled with questionable ads, discussion and the like. Every monday morning Greg Hill on WAAF asks a girl about loosing her virginity, positions preferred, if she shaves, swallows, etc.

I don't have kids. I'm not tellin you how to raise yours. When I do have them, I'm not going to try to sheild them from gay people. To me, that would be sending the wrong signal.

Ladies night? Where is the outcry for that!

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

C'mon, I couldn't let this thread slip below the "PISS EVERYONE OFF" radar, did you?

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650

hehehe...I dont have kids so I realy dont hae an opinion on this..

But homosexuallity is definately not a choice.....if you do not agree I dont know what to tell ya that is old school thinking...

Product of the environment...right..lol...since there was man...there have been gay men...lol like itor not..

In 10 yrs this point will be moot.....

But I'll entertain this for a little while.....back to the ad

sevens - you have every right to boycott..go for it...if you think that is objectional why not...

but why is it objectional to you ..because they are promotin a gay club? Because they are talking about it on the radio?

Is it ok for your sun to listen to Howard Stern? I imagine he was on at this time, no?

I mean your son will find out what gay lifestyles are all about eventually....education is key right...

I jsut dont understand why THAT is so objectional.......would you be this pissed if they were promoting a sex toy expo or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

This is spot on.

It exists, deal with it and accept it as part of life.

That said, it could be kept quieter. I'm tired of the in-your-face aspect that has become so popular. Be queer, be proud, but for cripes sakes, be F'n QUIET about it. I don't advertise I'm hetro.

If they don't want to be labeled/called out, maybe they shouldn't do it to themselves like this.

They have every right to have that ad any time they want. We have the right to change the channel if the content is not appropriate to the listeners. I suspect the radio station's audience is not little children, rather adults, so the ads are geared to adults - not the children.

Why are we so homophobic? Has ANY discussion EVER wanted to make you homosexual? I didn't think so. Trust me, no discussion will make THEM straight either and no overheard talk will make a straight person, gay.

Censorship makes people ignorant by witholding information they could use to make their own decisions.

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Double standards. You want your god damn Jesus day? THEN DEAL WITH AN AD.

I know I'm not gay, and I have no problem listening to ads on the radio about gay people. I don't get embarrassed, flustered or insecure. I can hang out with a gay guy and not think he's gunna end up having raunchy butt sex with me. I can enjoy the company of gay family members without feeling ashamed.

I think I would feel like a pretty intolerant person if I didn't want a radio ad to be played because it appeals to gay people.

The radio is filled with questionable ads, discussion and the like. Every monday morning Greg Hill on WAAF asks a girl about loosing her virginity, positions preferred, if she shaves, swallows, etc.

I don't have kids. I'm not tellin you how to raise yours. When I do have them, I'm not going to try to sheild them from gay people. To me, that would be sending the wrong signal.

Ladies night? Where is the outcry for that!

-Matt

If it was presented as "hot ass lipstick lezbo night" would anyone have a problem with it?

I have kids, and choose to just shut off the radio or switch to a different station when questionable material is presented.

We do have a good compromise available to our society at present.... public airwaves can have more stringent rules while pay services like Sirius can be a free-for-all.

No, Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

- Mike
    CBR 1000 RR
    CBR 600 F4

Originally posted by Matt
    This is spot on.

It exists, deal with it and accept it as part of life.

That said, it could be kept quieter. I'm tired of the in-your-face aspect that has become so popular. Be queer, be proud, but for cripes sakes, be F'n QUIET about it. I don't advertise I'm hetro.

If they don't want to be labeled/called out, maybe they shouldn't do it to themselves like this.

They have every right to have that ad any time they want. We have the right to change the channel if the content is not appropriate to the listeners. I suspect the radio station's audience is not little children, rather adults, so the ads are geared to adults - not the children.

Why are we so homophobic? Has ANY discussion EVER wanted to make you homosexual? I didn't think so. Trust me, no discussion will make THEM straight either and no overheard talk will make a straight person, gay.

Censorship makes people ignorant by witholding information they could use to make their own decisions.

Ding!

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast