Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So this one will probaly get a few

but why is it objectional to you ..because they are promotin a gay club? Because they are talking about it on the radio?

Becuase they are promoting it on midday radio

Is it ok for your sun to listen to Howard Stern? I imagine he was on at this time, no?

No it was on long after Stern was over and now it's not okay for him to listen to stern either, I even change 92pro FM when they say something like today 'paris hilton has a new p' and the station was changed.. next

I mean your son will find out what gay lifestyles are all about eventually....education is key right...

Yes eventually, not when he is 3 and asking more questions about life and things he hears more then I could ever imagine...

I jsut dont understand why THAT is so objectional.......would you be this pissed if they were promoting a sex toy expo or something?

Yes I would be pissed, because this is the time of day some parents have thier kids in thier cars coming home from school and the stations know this..

And really before anyone really thinks I'm a gay basher, it's not the gay lifestyle, as others are putting it it's the IN YOUR FACE I'M GAY attitude... I grw up around my mothers gay friends, and one of my good friends growing up was and is gay.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Respect!

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    Becuase they are promoting it on midday radio
    Yes eventually, not when he is 3 and asking more questions about life and things he hears more then I could ever imagine...

Yes I would be pissed, because this is the time of day some parents have thier kids in thier cars coming home from school and the stations know this..

And really before anyone really thinks I'm a gay basher, it's not the gay lifestyle, as others are putting it it's the IN YOUR FACE I'M GAY attitude... I grw up around my mothers gay friends, and one of my good friends growing up was and is gay.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Originally posted by hohum
    Respect!

WHAT

i better edit that if hohum is giving respect

Nah, man, a little bit of clarification of the whole situation (age of child, time of day, as well as your personal stance on homosexuality) and my attitude about the ad is also a wee bit different. (See the way I had more imagined the situation, was older child (an age you might actually be able to explain "gay" too), Stern time programming, etc))

On top of that, my highest respect/priority/whatever you want to call it, goes to a parents choice about how to raise their children, especially young children.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Originally posted by SEVENSGT it it's the IN YOUR FACE I'M GAY attitude... [/B]

Agreed, but the pendulum always swings both ways.

They were repressed for years. Now that they can speak freely without fear of reprisal, some feel they have to shout it from the rooftops.

I feel no need to have, or march, in Hetro Pride Day parades. I don't need or want the attention. It's my personal life.

I don't care if you do sheep as your preference, keep it quiet.

I don't have a bumper sticker that says "I'm Hetro". Stop looking for attention and/or special treatment, because negativity comes with all that attention seeking.

-Matt

Originally posted by hohum
    On top of that, my highest respect/priority/whatever you want to call it, goes to a parents choice about how to raise their children, especially young children.
    Careful! You're treading dangerously close to conservative ideas.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

My observation has been that radio ads mirror the audience of the program.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Originally posted by bentbryan
    My observation has been that radio ads mirror the audience of the program.

This is a HIP-HOP/R&B station, kinda RI's Jammin 94.5... But they do say that alot of these rappers are all a bit fag

They were repressed for years.
    What about the roman empire, that was a few hundred years

I don't have a bumper sticker that says "I'm Hetro". Stop looking for attention and/or special treatment, because negativity comes with all that attention seeking.

Yeah I kinda wanna put a NO rainbow sticker on my truck, but that would be outta control

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Thank GAWD we're not walking the streets of Ogunquit or Provincetown.....................

Now radio ads during the day time / any time?

I don't "want" to hear 'em but hey its free speech..........
    Turn the dial.
    Without Opie and Anthony and Stern on the "FM" airwaves.......................

That's life..............and so are those "pad" ads too...........

Like, how do I explain to my kids that an hourglass pad is better than one with wings?
    And which pad really ISN'T better than the other because NO-body uses them to soak up blue liquid either?

Damn.........................

ribbed for "her" pleasure? - Trojan man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12