Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Q4: Legalize Recreational Marijuana

Lifer

Re: Q4: Legalize Recreational Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    Heh, eggzachary...
    A woman I work with popped up on the news in a sidewalk interview saying she voted no on 4 because of the children. About year ago she got sharkeye drunk at a work function and ended up on stage dancing (horribly) with the band who clearly did not enjoy her company. Keeping those kids safe!!!
    What about them? They're out in her garage right now, high as fuck wondering how that was gonna work.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    After pot legalization, public officials scramble - The Boston Globe

State Treasurer Goldberg asks for more time to "get regulations right" and also indicates that the effective tax rate of 12% is too low and other states have double to triple this amount of taxation.
    "Governor Charlie Baker and legislative leaders pledged Wednesday to respect the will of the voters, but they suggested they could change parts of the law." That just feels a bit like a slap in the face, no matter which way you voted.

"Goldberg said people donít think about how difficult it will be to create a seed-to-sale tracking system that will allow regulators to follow each marijuana plant for the duration of its life. Such a system would be aimed at preventing diversion to the black market."
    They do that for beer? And the medical weed that we already had? If this is so burdensome, and they can change the law, maybe we can skip this bit?

It'll be a shame if they ruin a good idea with excessive regulation and ridiculous taxes. Especially if you can grow your own. If they do that, I wouldn't be surprised if they also removed the ability to transport any amount legally and/or the ability to give to a friend for free.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    What about them? They're out in her garage right now, high as fuck wondering how that was gonna work.

"Governor Charlie Baker and legislative leaders pledged Wednesday to respect the will of the voters, but they suggested they could change parts of the law." That just feels a bit like a slap in the face, no matter which way you voted.

"Goldberg said people don’t think about how difficult it will be to create a seed-to-sale tracking system that will allow regulators to follow each marijuana plant for the duration of its life. Such a system would be aimed at preventing diversion to the black market."
    They do that for beer? And the medical weed that we already had? If this is so burdensome, and they can change the law, maybe we can skip this bit?

It'll be a shame if they ruin a good idea with excessive regulation and ridiculous taxes. Especially if you can grow your own. If they do that, I wouldn't be surprised if they also removed the ability to transport any amount legally and/or the ability to give to a friend for free.
    Political suicide if they do, it'll all work out in the wash.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    Political suicide if they do, it'll all work out in the wash.
    There's certainly no historical precedent of the Massachusetts legislature and executive branch trying to over-regulate, over-complicate and over-tax things now is there...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Or reinterpret existing laws to suit their will.

CCS/LRRS #83

Oh, I agree with you two - don't get me wrong.

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Edit: man, googling around, you weed farmers go through some serious hoops to grow a plant.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 12-06-16 at 01:29 PM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Edit: man, googling around, you weed farmers go through some serious hoops to grow a plant.
    Do you mean the legal regulations for sanctioned growers? Or the fanatical pursuit of perfection by, uh, "hobbyists"?

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Just in home growing, which will be legal here in MA in 9 days.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Maine is having a recount, likely will not be completed till spring

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

it's not too bad once you get the basics down. proper lighting is probably the most expensive part and time the most difficult ... or so i've been told, by my sisters boyfriends fathers cousins neighbor from overseas in Canada.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    ...or so i've been told, by my sisters boyfriends fathers cousins neighbor from overseas in Canada.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

For the first time in Maine, we're getting a manual recount on Question 1 (legalizing recreational marijuana).

Apparently this will take 4+ weeks and cost up to $500,000 (?!)

The good old guv LePage is dead against legalization and has basically said he will do everything in his power to stop/slow the new law until (he hopes) the Trump administration declares the feds will again disregard state laws regarding marijuana use.

I'm confident Mainers will continue to smoke weed at the same competitive pace they have been for decades, regardless of where the law goes.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Apparently this will take 4+ weeks and cost up to $500,000 (?!)

The good old guv LePage is dead against legalization and has basically said he will do everything in his power to stop/slow the new law until (he hopes) the Trump administration declares the feds will again disregard state laws regarding marijuana use.
    Headline reads: Small government, anti-bureaucracy politician advocates creating bureaucracy, by spending tax money, in order to hope the Federal government will have more power.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Came across this article today. Answer to your previous question regarding eggs I think.

Bump

Even though I am not a recreational user I am pretty stoked to see this come to fruition.

Happy 420 forever in MA......................

Stopped at the local vape shop(which also sells a lot of glass) during lunch to get a new coil for my e-cig. Place was absolutely packed.

But not with your "stereotypical stoner kids." Jammed up with upper middle class moms, parking lot full of soccer-mobiles. I almost lost my shit

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    Stopped at the local vape shop(which also sells a lot of glass) during lunch to get a new coil for my e-cig. Place was absolutely packed.

But not with your "stereotypical stoner kids." Jammed up with upper middle class moms, parking lot full of soccer-mobiles. I almost lost my shit
    Raining dollars

Today's my sister's 30th bday, she lives in Boston. She's pretty straightlaced, but I believe she is planning on celebrating by getting high.

-Matt

Good, maybe you uptight northern fuckers will chill out a little now.

1215 is the new 420.
    I have 17yrs before I can chill the fuck out.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    1215 is the new 420.
    I have 17yrs before I can chill the fuck out.
    What is the restriction? Is your employer inheriting whatever the federal government says instead of the state?

nedirtriders.com

What is the restriction? Is your employer inheriting whatever the federal government says instead of the state?
    That, and their specific random drug testing policy.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    That, and their specific random drug testing policy.
    I asked because I don't see how employers are going to continue holding out like that now that it's legal. I think they'll keep up the act for as long as they can under the premise that 'well, the Federal government still doesn't recognize it'. But if half the employable people are smoking, they better not whine about a lack of 'qualified' interview candidates. My perception is that places like tech companies already give zero shits about this, and only care when they have to. I think it gets a little more difficult with a physical job, where safety is involved. I can understand that the general public or insurers don't want people in certain positions high on the job. I don't follow this closely enough, but I don't think there are ways to reliably differentiate where you were under the influence then, or it's residual data from last night. If they can't figure that out, I don't see it being sustainable to expect the labor pool to abstain.

I wonder if you all could get together and puff puff pass on a day off, and then tell management you went on a weed-strike. Will they fire you all?

nedirtriders.com

I asked because I don't see how employers are going to continue holding out like that now that it's legal. I think they'll keep up the act for as long as they can under the premise that 'well, the Federal government still doesn't recognize it'. But if half the employable people are smoking, they better not whine about a lack of 'qualified' interview candidates. My perception is that places like tech companies already give zero shits about this, and only care when they have to. I think it gets a little more difficult with a physical job, where safety is involved. I can understand that the general public or insurers don't want people in certain positions high on the job. I don't follow this closely enough, but I don't think there are ways to reliably differentiate where you were under the influence then, or it's residual data from last night. If they can't figure that out, I don't see it being sustainable to expect the labor pool to abstain.

I wonder if you all could get together and puff puff pass on a day off, and then tell management you went on a weed-strike. Will they fire you all?
    I work in public safety, so they have that to hang over our heads.
    The penalties for popping positive are progressive. Step one is a suggested treatment program.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet