Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Riddle me this...

Lifer

Riddle me this...

Powell denies Taiwan is independent

Why do we not stand up to communism when China tries to gobble countries...

Communism is bad unless they are making our corporations lots of money?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Riddle me this...

Originally posted by benVFR
    Powell denies Taiwan is independent

Why do we not stand up to communism when China tries to gobble countries...

Communism is bad unless they are making our corporations lots of money?
    Cos if they have ICBM's we ain't doin SHIT! At least until we can get that whole "missile defense to stop terrorists" down

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Re: Re: Riddle me this...

Originally posted by hohum
    Cos if they have ICBM's we ain't doin SHIT! At least until we can get that whole "missile defense to stop terrorists" down
    Really? Then why have we been arming Taiwan with all kinds of missle systems and have deployed (I'm almost 100% certain, but am too lazy to look up) more and more naval power into the area?

I think it's pretty clear that if China tries to take Tawain by force, we will act.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Re: Re: Re: Riddle me this...

Originally posted by bentbryan
    Really? Then why have we been arming Taiwan with all kinds of missle systems and have deployed (I'm almost 100% certain, but am too lazy to look up) more and more naval power into the area?

I think it's pretty clear that if China tries to take Tawain by force, we will act.
    Its called brinksmanship. We will not act in that situation. The cost is too great. Of this, I am sure.

If a country has nukes, we certainly don't go to war with them. Its been the doctrine of this country for years (and no, the cold war doesn't count, I'm talking troops on the ground shooting at each other kind of war)

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Riddle me this...

Originally posted by hohum
    Its called brinksmanship. We will not act in that situation. The cost is too great. Of this, I am sure.

If a country has nukes, we certainly don't go to war with them. Its been the doctrine of this country for years (and no, the cold war doesn't count, I'm talking troops on the ground shooting at each other kind of war)

We might not have a choice. China might strike us first. There's the argument of $$, how the two counties are tied too closely. The problem is, the Chinese are really looooooong term thinkers. I got really interested in the escalating situation with China and did a bunch of reading. I stopped because I don't want to know any more, it's too fucking scary.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400