Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another school shooting.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Another school shooting.

WTF is wrong with people. Is it the new trend? Go on a rampage and shoot everyone. Then kill yourself to make sure you don't have to pay for your crime. Talk about dealing with your winter blues the proper way... 7 Killed in Northern Illinois Shooting :: Inside Higher Ed :: Jobs, News and Views for All of Higher Education

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Re: Another school shooting.

crazy... and i never heard about the LA tech shooting last week? what... when there's a female killer they don't report it!?

And people wonder why I carry a pistol...

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Here is another thought.

Luckily we have NESR to vent on. Otherwise school shootings would be up all over the Northeast.

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

If I was going to shoot people, I'd go to a "gun free zone" to do it too.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    crazy... and i never heard about the LA tech shooting last week? what... when there's a female killer they don't report it!?
    It was reported last week... but you're right it wasn't built up nearly as much as other incidents

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    If I was going to shoot people, I'd go to a "gun free zone" to do it too.
    Which is the difference between being a little nuts and completely insane.

The point for these people isnt to survive.

In fact, I doubt that a 'sane' person can even begin to fathom the state of mind that these people are experiencing. It defys understanding or explanation.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali.

Someone who is nuts will always be able to pick some people off. At least with an armed general population (cc, not open), the numbers of dead are greatly reduced.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

well if i wanted to out a mass amount of people i sure as hell wouldnt goto a police station and start shooting.

David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Whatever happened to good old fashioned suicide? Kill yourself, leave a note. Now it's kill as many people as you possibly can, then kill yourself and let everyone in your surrounding area worry about why you did it. Assholes....

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Don't worry. If they ever manage to get rid of guns completely, wackos will just drive cars into crowds of people. Then we can outlaw cars! We'll all be safe finally!

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Mental illness appears to be running rampant, everyone thats not on zoloft is a threat.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    Whatever happened to good old fashioned suicide? Kill yourself, leave a note. Now it's kill as many people as you possibly can, then kill yourself and let everyone in your surrounding area worry about why you did it. Assholes....
    They just wanted to make sure they wouldn't be all alone and wanted to take some friends along for the trip...

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

I will still count our blessings anytime we have a situation where every couple months 1 in 300 million goes wacko and tries to take out a lot of people. Odds are pretty damn good if you ask me.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

You can thank the leftist contingency and the pussification of our nation for this sort of thing. Our schools have taught us conflict is bad/evil (how many schools actually implement any sort of debate program? (better yet, search for arguments within this very section and read just how personally people take things)), that we should all be shiny happy people with feelings for each other. Kids have become so "sensitized" they take things like "snob kids" so personally, and in the end, instead of having a couple good fights (conflict is BAD, remember!) while growing up and learning how to deal with shit, that shit gets bottled up inside, and one day, out come the two .45's...

In these cases, I truly believe society is most definitely to blame.

Cho-Ho-Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Don't worry. If they ever manage to get rid of guns completely, wackos will just drive cars into crowds of people. Then we can outlaw cars! We'll all be safe finally!
    ...actually, I agree with CLAY-tun on this.

Look at it this way: guns do make it easy, yes, and that can be a good thing. Yup, you read that right. For imagine a world with no guns, and one could argue people like such are likely to focus MORE attention on how to build/use something that will result in even MORE damage...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyGixxer View Post
    You can thank the leftist contingency and the pussification of our nation for this sort of thing. Our schools have taught us conflict is bad/evil (how many schools actually implement any sort of debate program? (better yet, search for arguments within this very section and read just how personally people take things)), that we should all be shiny happy people with feelings for each other. Kids have become so "sensitized" they take things like "snob kids" so personally, and in the end, instead of having a couple good fights (conflict is BAD, remember!) while growing up and learning how to deal with shit, that shit gets bottled up inside, and one day, out come the two .45's...

Cho-Ho-Ho!
    Thank you for the wonderful insight into mental illness, Doctor. Who would have thought it could be so simple. The leftists are responsible for these mass murder/suicides. All because they frown on violence. I suggest all 7 year olds be forced to participate in cage matches...an activity that truly demonstrates how far we have come as a species.

Weird...cus the lunatic fringe on the left is blaming George Bush.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali.

My prediction:

This keeps happening no matter what individual freedoms everyone else gives up.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

I predict this thread to be very long and angry. What is wrong is anyones guess, but this crap didn't happen 20 years ago. Something changed, and something needs to change back! In the mean time, I really wish getting my LTC A wasn't so damned difficult!

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Quote Originally Posted by hammadown View Post
    I predict this thread to be very long and angry. What is wrong is anyones guess, but this crap didn't happen 20 years ago. Something changed, and something needs to change back! In the mean time, I really wish getting my LTC A wasn't so damned difficult!
    Actually, this crap DID happen 20 years ago....and way further back than that. There has always been a percentage in our population of absolutly insane people who have been wired to take a bunch of folks with them on the way out...

Texas Book Depository, Jim Jones are two that come to mind.

And if I were willing to put in a little effort I bet I could come up with a huge freekin list going back to well before BC.

Muhammad Ali.

Utah students hide guns, head to class - CNN.com

Utah students hide guns, head to class
    Story Highlights
    Utah is only state where students, professors can carry guns at all public colleges

One University of Utah student carries a firearm so he won't become a 'victim'

Another student says she feels less safe, knowing classmates might have guns

News from your campus? Send us an I-Report

By Joshua Molina
    Special to CNN

CNNU campus correspondent Joshua Molina is a senior at Brigham Young University. CNNU is a feature that provides student perspectives on news and trends from colleges across the United States. The views expressed in this article are not necessarily those of CNN, its affiliates or the schools where the campus correspondents are based.

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (CNN) -- The senior at the University of Utah gets dressed and then decides which gun is easiest to conceal under his clothes.

If he's wearing a T-shirt, he'll take a smaller, low-profile gun to class. If he's wearing a coat, he may carry a different weapon, he said.

He started carrying a gun to class after the massacre at Virginia Tech, but the student says he's not part of the problem of campus shootings and could instead be part of a solution.

Nick, who asked not to be fully identified so his fellow students wouldn't know he carried a gun, says he has had a concealed weapons permit for more than three years. But it was Seung-Hui Cho's murderous campus rampage that made him take a gun to class.

"Last year, after Virginia Tech, I thought 'I'm not going to be a victim,' " Nick said.

"My first thought was 'how tragic.' But then I couldn't help but think it could've been different if they'd allowed the students the right to protect themselves."

Days after another campus shooting -- in which five students and the gunman died at Northern Illinois University -- students at colleges in Utah, the only state to allow weapons at all public universities, are attending classes. See which states have laws about hidden weapons on campus

Nick says his gun doesn't make him feel immune from attack. "But I feel that I will be able to protect myself, and I'm confident in my training and my ability," he said.

His confidence is not shared by fellow student Griselda Espinoza, who recently transferred to the university. Some 28,000 students attend the school, as of the latest enrollment figures.

"I feel less safe knowing that a stranger sitting beside me in class may have a gun in his or her backpack," she said.

"The only people that should carry guns are trained officials."

University of Utah spokeswoman Coralie Alder stressed that although the school has become a poster child in the media regarding guns on campus, the debate is really a statewide issue.

"The university is following the law as determined by the Utah Legislature during last year's session, which allows concealed weapon permit holders to carry guns on university and colleges campuses, as well as other locations," she said.

Amanda Covington, Utah State Board of Regents spokeswoman, would not comment on the current gun laws on school campuses.

However, she said the regents are opposing a legislative proposal to allow people with concealed weapons permits to have the weapons visible in public.

"We are worried that it may affect their [students' and teachers'] willingness or desire to go to or teach a class on campus," she said.

The University of Utah, based in Salt Lake City, had prohibited firearms on its campus until that ban was struck down by the state's Supreme Court in late 2006. The institution, backed by all other universities in the state, is still fighting through federal courts to reinstate the ban.

But state legislators could be moving in the opposite direction, considering a bill to modify current law to allow people in Utah -- including students -- to carry loaded weapons openly.

Utah State Representative Curtis Oda said the bill, which he is sponsoring, is merely to clarify that people with weapons permits may carry a gun openly or -- with a concealed permit -- they may hide it for the sake of surprise.

He stressed that people with permits have gone through rigorous checks.

"When you see someone with a gun, you are looking at some of the most law-abiding people in the state," he said.

The issue goes beyond campus. Last year, a few miles from the University of Utah, a man walked into Trolley Square, a Salt Lake City shopping mall, and opened fire. Police were there in only three minutes, but the shooter had already killed five people and wounded four others.

"And not just shootings, but [serial killer] Ted Bundy did some of his crimes at the University of Utah campus," said David Seelly, a recent University of Utah graduate who says he carried a concealed gun on campus.

"If one of those ladies was a concealed-weapon holder, she could've stopped him before he did as much as he did."

To get a permit to carry a concealed weapon, people in Utah must, among other things:

Be 21 years old

Have no criminal record of violent, immoral or substance-related crime

Be mentally competent.
    Student Kevin Rechtenbach of the University of Utah said he was open to carrying a gun, but not certain that would solve problems.

"If acts of terrorism continue on campus, then I will have no choice but to carry a concealed weapon," he said.

"But you see, that is where the problem lies: Everybody will end up carrying concealed weapons, and everyday problems will be solved with guns rather than words or even fists."

The only places on campus that have restrictions are the dormitories. Students can request a roommate who doesn't carry a gun.

Private colleges in Utah, like the Mormon Church-owned Brigham Young University in Provo, do have more power to ban weapons on campus, but that, too, causes disagreement among students.

"I own some guns, and I wish I was allowed to have them at school," said Collin Barker, a BYU student. "I would just keep [them] in my car for target shooting."

Casey Matheny, from Plano, Texas, now studying at BYU, appeared indifferent to the debate over students carrying guns.

"I don't mind if they have one, I just don't want to know about it," he said.

Rob Morrison, a BYU student from Ontario, Canada, doesn't think that having guns on campus would necessarily stop a potential killer.

"The people that do it want to commit suicide anyway," Morrison said. "But it would give students a chance to defend themselves, and at Virginia Tech, it could have ended sooner than it did."

CNN's Mallory Simon contributed to this report.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Here is another thought.

Luckily we have NESR to vent on. Otherwise school shootings would be up all over the Northeast.
    No there would not be.

You have guns, I have guns, all my friends and nieghbors have guns.

We can all carry them around without permits whenever we like.

It's called a mutual deterent.

You reach and we all reach.

TIMMYDUCK

I dont have guns...

I have a big penis....

OK...so I don't have a big penis....but I don't have guns either.

Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyGixxer View Post

Agreed!

Not just schools but parents. No Spanking hippy love children.

(I love how you point out how people get bent out of shape to easily)

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast