Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

School Me: Weddings

Re: School Me: Weddings

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    What’s a good gift for the best man?
    I did the same gift for all of my groomsmen; everyone got a hand tooled leather sunglasses case with their initials engraved. Within said case was a set of vintage aviators, it was a beach wedding so they were part of the wedding costume. Got both items on Etsy.

2 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Daughter engaged couple weeks ago. Venue hunting starts this weekend. Lots of good info in this thread.

1 Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Got married last month in Franconia NH. Barn was less than a quarter of the price of a venue down near boston and we had it for the whole weekend. Got all the booze from a friend at cost had wifes brother dj and it went fairly well. We killed both kegs and almost all the wine and champagne except several bottles. Successful night.

2 Not allowed!

We spent the weekend up in Placid doing the food tasting, another venue tour, meeting the photographer, and chatting with a flourist. Out of nowhere we also ran into Dave M and crew on their Daks ride while sitting around the fire at the hotel Saturday night ha.

1 Not allowed!

Lifer

So we had our wedding at Cisco Brewery in Portsmouth New Hampshire, outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour with indoor reception. They just renovated inside and I think it’s pretty nice with a lot of nice lighting.

Brielle is the event planner and she was way beyond what I expected. Sat down with us a couple times leading up, communicated through email, and genuinely seemed excited for the wedding as if she were family.

Cisco suggested Three Sister Cake Shop in Dover, NH. Same experience, complimentary tasting, wicked helpful planning, both showing what they have done and being open to things we had seen online. At the end of the day the cake that was delivered was exactly what we asked for and tasted amazing. I was actually being a snarky bitch (shocking right?) when we were going to the cake tasting saying for the price this better be the most amazing cake I’ve ever had..... it was the most amazing cake I’ve ever had!

Flowers were handled by Exeter Flower Shop, all the flowers looked straight out of a magazine.

Radiant Seacoast handled the photography. Man and woman duo, same thing they acted like family and did photos and video and every interaction with them was awesome. Scott and Nicole. Scott drives a sick newer modded WRX.

We went with a dj my wife found on Facebook, DJ Laura out of Derry NH. She was nice sitting down ahead of time and let us make a list of all song we wanted played, when the specific songs played for when she came down the aisle, when we walked back down the aisle, and were introduced seemed perfectly timed and her equipment seemed good. She set up outside and inside, I dunno if she had a lot of equipment or moved when I didn’t notice.

But all told everything went way better than I anticipated and I hope you guys consider these referrals.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gixxer; 10-17-19 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    So we had our wedding at Cisco Brewery in Portsmouth New Hampshire, outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour with indoor reception. They just renovated inside and I think it’s pretty nice with a lot of nice lighting.

Brielle is the event planner and she was way beyond what I expected. Sat down with us a couple times leading up, communicated through email, and genuinely seemed excited for the wedding as if she were family.

Cisco suggested Three Sister Cake Shop in Dover, NH. Same experience, complimentary tasting, wicked helpful planning, both showing what they have done and being open to things we had seen online. At the end of the day the cake that was delivered was exactly what we asked for and tasted amazing. I was actually being a snarky bitch (shocking right?) when we were going to the cake tasting saying for the price this better be the most amazing cake I’ve ever had..... it was the most amazing cake I’ve ever had!

Flowers were handled by Exeter Flower Shop, all the flowers looked straight out of a magazine.

Radiant Seacoast handled the photography. Man and woman duo, same thing they acted like family and did photos and video and every interaction with them was awesome. Scott and Nicole. Scott drives a sick newer modded WRX.

We went with a dj my wife found on Facebook, DJ Laura out of Derry NH. She was nice sitting down ahead of time and let us make a list of all song we wanted played, when the specific songs played for when she came down the aisle, when we walked back down the aisle, and were introduced seemed perfectly timed and her equipment seemed good. She set up outside and inside, I dunno if she had a lot of equipment or moved when I didn’t notice.

But all told everything went way better than I anticipated and I hope you guys consider these referrals.
    Good for you guys! Congrats to you both!

1 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Ill be a groomsman in a large and I assume very religious wedding this weekend... wish me luck...

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Ill be a groomsman in a large and I assume very religious wedding this weekend... wish me luck...
    Didnt end up being super religious at all, 30 min ceremony, amazing reception, etc. it all went well. Still recovering a bit...

0 Not allowed!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345