Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Any Spam meat lovers?

  1. #26
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,261

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?


    Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    i've never tried it, or even seen it in person, but feel i have to now sorry to hear about your father, Gixxer.
    Thanks.

    Pains me to say, I don’t think you’re missing much.

    I’m not a fan myself, but one of my friends mentioned Spam Burgers.... maybe grind it up with something else?

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #27
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,797

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Pains me to say, I don’t think you’re missing much.
    i think you're right, just watched a video on it ... there is a reason i've never had it

    0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

  3. #28
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,164

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    I really don't get it, shit is expensive, nearly $4/lb for meat byproducts and chemicals, however it does last forever on the shelf without refrigeration, peanut butter is a better source of storable protein imho

    0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  4. #29
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,261

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I really don't get it, shit is expensive, nearly $4/lb for meat byproducts and chemicals, however it does last forever on the shelf without refrigeration, peanut butter is a better source of storable protein imho
    It’s not like it was a staple in his kitchen, he was the only one in the fam who liked it.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #30
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,164

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    It’s not like it was a staple in his kitchen, he was the only one in the fam who liked it.
    I was thinking of iglu's post, spam parmesan is a strange appetite, but I spose it's no different than other people I know the chunk up hot dogs into a can of spaghettios

    0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  6. #31
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,124,387

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    ...but I spose it's no different than other people I know the chunk up hot dogs into a can of spaghettios
    ...or baked beans or scrambled eggs. I mean, WHAT. THE. FUCK.

    0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  7. #32
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,797

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    ...or baked beans or scrambled eggs. I mean, WHAT. THE. FUCK.
    baked beans + scrambled eggs ... now we're talkin' !

    0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

  8. #33
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,895

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I was thinking of iglu's post, spam parmesan is a strange appetite, but I spose it's no different than other people I know the chunk up hot dogs into a can of spaghettios
    Had it last night because of this thread. My kid was thrilled.

    1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  9. #34
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,124,387

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    baked beans + scrambled eggs ... now we're talkin' !
    I'll take baked beans w/ my eggs every day. But never - NEVER will I add cut-up hotdogs to either!

    0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  10. #35
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,164

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Had it last night because of this thread. My kid was thrilled.
    twinkies for desert ?

    0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  11. #36
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,895

    Re: Any Spam meat lovers?

    Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip walnut cookies.


    What chemicals are you talking about in Spam?

    Besides pork, water, salt (NaCl) and potato starch, there is just sodium nitrite (used in most cured meats to preserve color, promote uniform curing, and prevent botulism).

    1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 01-08-20 at 11:18 AM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •