Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 23 of 23

Squid answer me this...

  1. #1
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,239

    Squid answer me this...


    If - President Bush has won the election by a larger margin than last time

    If - this is now two terms of a Republican in office after a democrat left

    If - the Republicans have picked up seats in the Senate and House and have a larger majority than they have had for the last 8 years


    THEN - There is a rising conservative influence in this country, not a rising liberal influence...

    You've got to agree.. you seemed to think there was a liberal conspiracy and rising influence.. the votes don't agree with you or the conservatives have falsely influenced elections. I am inclined to believe the Republicans did NOT mess with the elections.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,239

    Squid answer me this...

    How can the liberals be keeping things close when things are getting more and more unbalanced to the right?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Lifer bentbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rye, NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,528

    Squid answer me this...

    One theory is that people are sick of the drift 'to the left' (if you will). It seems the democratic party no longer stands for it's original values of helping the elderly, homeless and disenfranchised. Now, we get abortion and gay marriage pushed in our faces. The majority of the country simply does not agree with the northeast corridor and California.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400



  4. #4
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,239

    Squid answer me this...

    Again..

    If there is a mysterious drift to the left, why are more and more people voting to the right?

    If you want to say that people who ARE liberal have drifted further to the left, that is fine... I can't say it's true or not true.

    But it really is FACT there are less liberals right now than in the past, or there would not be an increasing number of conservatives who have won office.

    The other thing that sounds like a real possibility is population centers have shifted. If so, it seems as if populations have increased in conservative areas.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,856

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by benVFR
    The other thing that sounds like a real possibility is population centers have shifted. If so, it seems as if populations have increased in conservative areas.
    Check out the CNN election map on the main page.

    We are a geographically divided nation, more so than at any time in recent history.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Lifer odduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NH
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,128

    Squid answer me this...

    Ben,

    You must agree that liberals have the mainstream media in their corner. I was surfing all of the networks until about 2 a.m. and it was clear, to me anyway, that most of the major networks (CBS, especially) were despondant over the fact that Bush had the edge. Because of big media leaning to the left, it perpetuates the liberal influence. We live in a part of the country where the liberal influence is alive and well, as demonstrated by the election returns. It is also clear, judging from the returns from across the country, that most people are no longer buying into the liberal mentality. So, you may be on to something, here...

    sorry....I know you didn't ask me, but.........

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS#167

  7. #7
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    20,847

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by bentbryan
    One theory is that people are sick of the drift 'to the left' (if you will). It seems the democratic party no longer stands for it's original values of helping the elderly, homeless and disenfranchised. Now, we get abortion and gay marriage pushed in our faces. The majority of the country simply does not agree with the northeast corridor and California.
    Making a consitutional amendment is NOT pushing it in our face? Choice.....liberals....


    PUSHING IT IN OUR FACES: CONSERVATIVE.

    Seems like the more educated states are all about the blue.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  8. #8
    Lifer bentbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rye, NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,528

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by TheIglu
    Making a consitutional amendment is NOT pushing it in our face? Choice.....liberals....


    PUSHING IT IN OUR FACES: CONSERVATIVE.

    Seems like the more educated states are all about the blue.
    OK Clayton.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400



  9. #9
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,239

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by lrrs167
    Ben,

    You must agree that liberals have the mainstream media in their corner. I was surfing all of the networks until about 2 a.m. and it was clear, to me anyway, that most of the major networks (CBS, especially) were despondant over the fact that Bush had the edge. Because of big media leaning to the left, it perpetuates the liberal influence. We live in a part of the country where the liberal influence is alive and well, as demonstrated by the election returns. It is also clear, judging from the returns from across the country, that most people are no longer buying into the liberal mentality. So, you may be on to something, here...

    sorry....I know you didn't ask me, but.........
    Well I don't really agree that all of the mainstream media is far to one side.

    However, even if it is, it obviously is not working, so your anger that the media isn't constantly supporting your viewpoint is unfounded. People are voting more conservative, so whatever is influencing that is more powerful than the media. (IF the media is really biased)

    I could go on complaining about churches being biased and influencing the vote but I don't...

    In any case any influence doesn't matter, as the votes tell the true story, and whatever is influencing people to vote conservative is winning.

    Ben

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Lifer odduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NH
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,128

    Squid answer me this...

    so your anger that the media isn't constantly supporting your viewpoint is unfounded.
    I don't want the media to support my viewpoint anymore than I want them to support your viewpoint or anyone elses, for that matter. The media need not do anything more than report...PERIOD. There is a time for the opinions and editorials, but inserting a particular viewpoint into reporting of the news is just not right.

    that is all.......

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS#167

  11. #11
    the phear hohum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Everett, MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,274

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by lrrs167
    I don't want the media to support my viewpoint anymore than I want them to support your viewpoint or anyone elses, for that matter. The media need not do anything more than report...PERIOD. There is a time for the opinions and editorials, but inserting a particular viewpoint into reporting of the news is just not right.

    that is all.......
    So FoxNews is wrong then? By your logic above they sure as hell are

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.


  12. #12
    Lifer odduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NH
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,128

    Squid answer me this...

    So FoxNews is wrong then? By your logic above they sure as hell are
    I don't limit my news to Fox. I surf all of the news programs, from PBS to CBS to CNN to Fox to MSNBC, etc.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS#167

  13. #13
    the phear hohum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Everett, MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,274

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by lrrs167
    I don't limit my news to Fox. I surf all of the news programs, from PBS to CBS to CNN to Fox to MSNBC, etc.
    Heh, I know man... (when you post links they typically have been from a variety of sources), just teasing not specifically you, but the rabid following of FoxNews that actually thinks its "fair and balanced" (I don't think FoxNews is fair and balanced any more than I think any of the other news networks are fair and balanced)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.


  14. #14
    ultrabuddy twrayinma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    albukoikee
    Posts
    4,676

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by hohum
    (I don't think FoxNews is fair and balanced any more than I think any of the other news networks are fair and balanced)
    so, they're just as fair and balanced as any other news source...

    they're completely right!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Lifer SEVENSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,224

    Squid answer me this...

    You've got to agree.. you seemed to think there was a liberal conspiracy and rising influence.. the votes don't agree with you or the conservatives have falsely influenced elections. I am inclined to believe the Republicans did NOT mess with the elections.


    I see a liberal influence as lib 527 groups spent over $50 million during this election, about half of it coming from Jorge Soros(sp?), I see liberal influence as Howard Stern preaching over the airwaves that this president is 'out to get me', I see liberal influence as Micheal Moore making a film, I see liberal influence as a state supreme court pushing to make gay marriage legal in a state when people polled in the state didn't want it.... That is how I see liberal influence....



    I see a woman running in 2008 that doesn't think her husband getting a blow job is cheating, and said 'I could have stayed home and baked cookies and raised my duaghter, but I decided I wanted a career'....Oh but family comes first, but it takes a village to raise our children.....

    No it just takes love and care to raise a child

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,325

    Squid answer me this...

    Geez. I almost hate to say this, but I see Ben's point...

    Republican prez, more seats in the both houses. The conservative paranoia cry that '...the liberals are taking over this country...' doesn't seem to hold up to the facts of this election. 'Course, this is just a flunky pot-head's take...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  17. #17
    Lifer SEVENSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,224

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by Stoneman
    Geez. I almost hate to say this, but I see Ben's point...

    Republican prez, more seats in the both houses. The conservative paranoia cry that '...the liberals are taking over this country...' doesn't seem to hold up to the facts of this election. 'Course, this is just a flunky pot-head's take...


    It's no tthat they ARE taking over, it they ARE tring to turn our country into a socialist country, with bad healthcare, and gay marriage, and people doing drugs in the streets

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Lifer SEVENSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,224

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    If the concept can't be understood, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should hold off on the hashish for a while...



    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,239

    Squid answer me this...

    Of course there is a liberal influence!

    I never said there wasn't... after all 49% of the people in this country just voted for Kerry!

    But there is also a conservative influence, and it influenced enough people for Bush to win again.

    There are republican 527 groups, there are Republican film makers like Moore, etc.. and there are lots of big corps with very conservative interests working on influencing things.

    It is normal and healthy for both sides to try and influence people, although I think both sides are a bit shady in how they do it.

    But you are just paranoid if you think the liberals are winning, cause they aren't. The results show that the conservative influences are winning currently.

    I think if you look historically you can easily see that the current conservative backlash is probably rooted in the 60s. A new generation of voters is coming into influence, and they didn't grow up in the drug fueled climate of the 60s & 70s with a monster war to worry about.

    I think the conservatives need to watch it though.. if Iraq gets too bad or Bush invades any other countries, the current young generation (12-20 year olds?) will end up turning into hippies and liberal influence will get much stronger, because of the same forces that caused so many people to be liberal in the 60s. If the current group of kids grows up worried about whether they are going to be sent to Iraq and watching friends & family members die, they are not going to grow up to be Republicans unless the government does a really good job at brainwashing them.

    Ben

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Lifer SEVENSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,224

    Squid answer me this...

    grow up to be Republicans unless the government does a really good job at brainwashing them.

    WOW, brainwashing huh??? I guess that's why I have conserative views, like stay out of my house and don't tell me that the gay folks around the block have the RIGHT(?) to get married. But wait a minute I also grew up helping indemocratic campaigns.

    I never said there weren't any Rep 527's, but they spent a lot less money then the Lib 527's, look it up.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Lifer SEVENSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,224

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    Ben, that's not the point. The point is, is that it should not have been a close election. Yeah, the Republicans won, but BARELY as opposed to unequivocally.


    Squid there is no point to talking to him in his threads, he asks a question, we answer him with pionts he was asking for and he says, no no no that's not what I wanted to hear, fuggit.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,325

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    Squid there is no point to talking to him in his threads, he asks a question, we answer him with pionts he was asking for and he says, no no no that's not what I wanted to hear, fuggit.
    HA! How many people have said that about the squid???

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  23. #23
    Lifer SEVENSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,224

    Squid answer me this...

    Originally posted by Stoneman
    HA! How many people have said that about the squid???

    didn't even realize what I was saying

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. "B, final answer... OH WAIT!"
    By OreoGaborio in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-10-06, 12:54 AM
  2. How would you answer this person
    By R7 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-04-05, 10:20 AM
  3. Squid
    By telefonicagsxr in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-04, 04:23 AM
  4. what's the answer?
    By Kham in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-04, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •