Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 282

Strange Factoids About Yourself....

  1. #226
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,035

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....


    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I once won one of those Easter egg poster coloring contests that the local mall held. I'm Jewish! I won four free movie passes and a coupon to Papa Gino's.
    You seriously can't make this shit up!

    My mom was a seamstress for a local ballet company, paid me 20$ to dance in the nutcracker when I was 12. I was very hesitant, but then learned I had to go to practice with a dozen girls in little pink skirts. My first real kiss was when I danced as fritz and brought Clara 1 dozen Roses in front of a couple thousand people.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #227
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    14,998

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    I was hit head on by a car and (obviously) lived to tell the tale. We were both doing 45 mph. I was riding passenger to my ex. I was catapulted about 12 feet up and 50 feet distance. landed on pavement. No broken bones, but some serious neck and back injuries. years of rehab. ex suffered a broken arm and hand.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  3. #228
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    569

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Degsy is my dad.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #229
    Senior Member ducatirdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sutton
    Age
    59
    Posts
    418

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I was hit head on by a car and (obviously) lived to tell the tale. We were both doing 45 mph. I was riding passenger to my ex. I was catapulted about 12 feet up and 50 feet distance. landed on pavement. No broken bones, but some serious neck and back injuries. years of rehab. ex suffered a broken arm and hand.
    I had the same happen on a bicycle. But he came more at an angle as it was a left turn into a Y. Up into the air like 10 feet as I shot off the windshield of the car. I ragged dolled and landed with a badly broken left arm with bones sticking out. Lucky I had a Giro helmet on or I wouldn't have survived. It was smashed on the left front side. I didn't loose consciousness. Well maybe the split second I was in the air off the windshield...

    https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/x...in-Westborough

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

  5. #230
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    69
    Posts
    15,230

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    several year back no, I was on my pedal bike on a steep downgrade paved road, probably going 35 ?maybe faster my neighbors ST.Bernard saw a squirrel across the road and ran out in front of me, I t-boned the dog at speed, sent me flying, got some road rash, bent the front wheel, dog got up as if nothing happened

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  6. #231

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Not trying to one up anybody but since we are telling life threating stories. I had a car turn left in front of me while I was riding a motorcycle, Crashed the bike avoiding that car. dumping myself onto the road, the car behind him a big Chevy impala ran me over with both driver side wheels. I thought for sure I was going to die as all I could see before he run me over was the grill of the Chevy. made the local news... Broke L2,3,4 and my pelvis in three places! I was lucky for sure, Spent the better part of 6 weeks in the hospital. But the worst part was I married one of the nurses that took care of me!! Guess I hit my head also! And it didn't end well!

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MUZ720; 04-10-20 at 12:09 PM.

  7. #232
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,035

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Not to trying to one up anybody but since we are telling life threating stories. I had a car turn left in front of me while I was riding a motorcycle, Crashed the bike avoiding that car. dumping myself onto the road, the car behind him a big Chevy impala ran me over with both driver side wheels. I thought for sure I was going to die as all I could see before he run me over was the grill of the Chevy. made the local news... Broke L2,3,4 and my pelvis in three places! I was lucky for sure, Spent the better part of 6 weeks in the hospital. But the worst part was I married one of the nurses that took care of me!! Guess I hit my head also! And it didn't end well!
    I don't get it did you get divorced? That's some hallmark lifetime movie shit if so.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #233

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    I don't get it did you get divorced? That's some hallmark lifetime movie shit if so.
    yes the big D happened and it was worse then getting run over!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #234
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,919

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by MysterySquid View Post
    Degsy is my dad.
    True story

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  10. #235
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,919

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    I threw an RC51 160 feet off the side of a mountain, with me on it. Randy was behind me and can verify. Airlifted. Multiple fractures. Hospital lost track of me and kept telling my friends I wasn't admitted. I walked out on crutches same day. I was quite the badass in my day.

    Beat that.

    How the hell are we all alive?

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  11. #236
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,035

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I threw an RC51 160 feet off the side of a mountain, with me on it. Randy was behind me and can verify. Airlifted. Multiple fractures. Hospital lost track of me and kept telling my friends I wasn't admitted. I walked out on crutches same day. I was quite the badass in my day.

    Beat that.

    How the hell are we all alive?
    I'm pretty sure we're all a bit of daredevils at heart, so yeah no fucking idea how I made it to 40 or any of the rest of us.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #237
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,345

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Oh shit, almost forgot! When I was 3 or 4, my dad was painting our house. I was just kind of kicking around bugging him and shit and when he went in to make lunch. I guess I figured I'd surprise him and help out, so I painted the entire passenger side of his 1969 Z28 with the yellow house paint he left sitting there.


    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  13. #238
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    14,998

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Oh shit, almost forgot! When I was 3 or 4, my dad was painting our house. I was just kind of kicking around bugging him and shit and when he went in to make lunch. I guess I figured I'd surprise him and help out, so I painted the entire passenger side of his 1969 Z28 with the yellow house paint he left sitting there.

    and the beating he gave you explains the rest!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  14. #239
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,345

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

    How the hell are we all alive?
    I hear that! My buddies used to have a running joke that I wouldn't make it past 25. Every five years after 25, I'd remind them that I made it xx years past my life expectancy. Now here we are and I've more than doubled my life expectancy!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  15. #240
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,345

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    and the beating he gave you explains the rest!
    Apparently, my mom saved me!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  16. #241
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    69
    Posts
    15,230

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I threw an RC51 160 feet off the side of a mountain, with me on it. Randy was behind me and can verify. Airlifted. Multiple fractures. Hospital lost track of me and kept telling my friends I wasn't admitted. I walked out on crutches same day. I was quite the badass in my day.

    Beat that.

    How the hell are we all alive?
    and after Degs crawls back to the road waiting for the helicopter, he says I think 4 guys can lift my bike back to the road as if he was going to ride it when we got it back up to the road

    and one of the riders in our group had ta ride 4 miles to get cell service and call 911

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  17. #242

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I hear that! My buddies used to have a running joke that I wouldn't make it past 25. Every five years after 25, I'd remind them that I made it xx years past my life expectancy. Now here we are and I've more than doubled my life expectancy!
    Well I continue to test my luck as I tossed Myself down Roebling Road raceway in February dislocating my right wrist... Which surprisingly might be the worst injury I have ever had, as far as riding or racing goes!
    plus the most expensive!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MUZ720; 04-10-20 at 12:33 PM.

  18. #243
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,919

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    and after Degs crawls back to the road waiting for the helicopter, he says I think 4 guys can lift my bike back to the road as if he was going to ride it when we got it back up to the road

    and one of the riders in our group had ta ride 4 miles to get cell service and call 911
    If I was ever gonna get a case of religion, that would have been it.

    small fractures to C3/C4 vertebra
    Small fracture to pelvis
    double break to right fibula with a floating section
    huge subdural hematoma around my middle with is still there 18
    years later
    various other internal bruises etc. They said the catscan looked pretty spectacular
    I hit 5 or 6 trees/branches on the way down and had night terrors for years about it.

    WEAR YOUR GEAR!!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  19. #244
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,919

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    and after Degs crawls back to the road waiting for the helicopter, he says I think 4 guys can lift my bike back to the road as if he was going to ride it when we got it back up to the road

    and one of the riders in our group had ta ride 4 miles to get cell service and call 911
    Haha, that RC51 was broken in 2

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  20. #245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    569

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Was stupid enough to put a chick in my lap and let her “drive” my 7R. She freaked out, froze, and wouldn’t let go of the throttle. Right into the bushes across the street. That was the only time my 7R, in its 7 year history, hit the ground as a result of operator error. Or in this case, operator stupidity. Well, maybe not that stupid as I got a bj out of it. The only other time was on an ODFU ride, bike was parked on a slight downhill slope on a hot day. I think the kickstand pushed into the tar and it just THUNK’D over.

    Side note: one time I was following Martin from ODFU on a ride through some serious twisties in VT. A very sudden stupid sharp turn popped up and I knew I wasn’t going to make it. My last thought was, “If I’m gonna dump, Imma doing it because I leaned over TOO far...”. I pushed that 7 down further than I probably ever did (aside from a track day), and surprised myself by making the turn.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #246
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,345

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Haha, that RC51 was broken in 2
    You remember the only thing keeping the front end on my RF was the steel brake cables? LOL!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  22. #247
    Lifer LuvDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ashland, MA
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Yes, I'm left eye dominant. But I've never heard of this cross dominance thing. Should I be worried?
    No

    I'm cross eye dominant too. it's only an issue if you let it get in to your head.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

  23. #248
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,901

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by MysterySquid View Post
    Or in this case, operator stupidity. Well, maybe not that stupid as I got a bj out of it.
    High price for a BJ.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  24. #249
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    569

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    High price for a BJ.
    Yes.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #250
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,919

    Re: Strange Factoids About Yourself....

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    High price for an imaginary BJ.
    Fixed!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

Similar Threads

  1. something very strange
    By roso in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-14-06, 04:54 AM
  2. Strange vid.
    By PinHead in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-05, 09:12 PM
  3. Very strange...
    By twrayinma in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-11-04, 10:39 PM
  4. Strange...
    By JCsGrly in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-02, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •