Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Strange Factoids About Yourself....

Originally posted by chr|s sedition
    so desu ne! Nihongo wa totemo muzikashi desu yo.
    maa... *totemo* muzikashi ja nai desu... tyotto muzikashi desu, kedo.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

I outran 22 state troopers on the 929.

I nearly made out with a dude dressed as a chick in a club, and gave shim my number, not knowing for 2 weeks after that it was a guy. ( he was a really hot chick )

I sunk a jeep cherekee on the high school football field at 2AM and when I got it out there was a crater on the 20 yardline a few feet deep in the shape of said jeep.

I witnessed the robbery of a bank in harvard square, where there were many shots fired from high powered assualt rifles.

I seen KB in his whity tighties more than anyone should ever have to.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

-been arrested for "inciting a riot"

-got kicked off golf-team in high school for beating team mate with 4 iron for calling me a 'faggot"
    those two are awesome!!

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by RSVMILLE661
    I was the 1994 NH state welding champion.. Both in the team event and individual. Representing Coe-Brown Academy.

I competed in the Ag-Mechanics contest held at UNH and mig-welded a T-fillet joint, flat butt joint, a pipe seam, Arc welded the same stuff, Oxy Accetaline brazed pipe, fusion welded butt joint, tig welded a butt joint of Aluminum.

Simply put I can weld the ass out of a cat.
    Never would have guessed that scotty... how or why did you get started in welding? I am getting decent with my mig, wanna teach some of the harder stuff?

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

I dunno how I got started.. I always like working with my hands be it wood working or engine repair and this was the next best skill... I really enjoy it..

What would you like to weld or learn?

The biggest pain is welding aluminum.. tig welding is a pain in the ass.

Scott Major
    Ferrari Fix it Club Racing
    ALMS, SCCA, LRRS, CCS, FUSA #'s 161, 62, 676, 661, 205, 12, 60, 89...

Karloff? Sidekick? FUCK YOU!! That cocksucker does not deserve to smell my shit!

got my license at 16 I'm 38 now. my license has been suspended for more time than not. I've never gone more than 7 years without it. The longest I've had it in a row is 3 years (that is my current streak). I got caught atleast once a year for driving under suspension. All suspensions are for speeding tickets. my driving record is 30 pages long, ask my lawyer. he's impressed

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

1. Was a sponsored high altitude mountain climber, almost died on Aconcagua.

2. Was an ice climbing guide in the Canadian Rockies. Also thought nothing about soloing grade 6 and 6+ 1000' ice routes. Now that I am older realize just how stupid that was.

3. Was a 2nd degree black belt in Kempo

got some more but got to leave some mystery

Lifer

Originally posted by hessogood

I sunk a jeep cherekee on the high school football field at 2AM and when I got it out there was a crater on the 20 yardline a few feet deep in the shape of said jeep.
    Explain this one more... sounds like a very cool story.

How do you sink a car into a field? Was it insanely muddy already?

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

I outran 22 state troopers on the 929.

do tell.

-sedition

"Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

I did 2 insurance jobs when I was young.

1 classic burnt to a crisp

1 chevy snapped front and rear passenger side axles off

Got head from a chick my buddy was seeing while he was sleeping on her ber 3 feet away

the cinder car sent me to the ER with 3rd degree burns on my arm, told em it was from fireworks. Didn't know I was on fire till the light went out in the car I was in and saw the blue flame

Lifer

Originally posted by benVFR
    Explain this one more... sounds like a very cool story.

How do you sink a car into a field? Was it insanely muddy already?
    me and my brother and a couple friends were driving around one boring night in the cherekee my dad had just got me. Dark rainy night, we're driving down a trail next to the field. Turn around driving through the end zone, yell "hail mary" and floor it and cut the wheel, mud going everywhere then it just stopped and stuck like suction cup. Tried for a few minutes to get it moved then me and one of the kids left to get someone too help pull it out. Found 2 blazers and like 10 people by time we got back the jeep was sunk down to the doors and resting on the frame. Got it out and got pulled over on the drive back to the house, told the cop we were out on some made up trains since we were covered in mud and so was the jeep. Figured we'd get a call in the morning but never heard anything. Saw the hole at school 2 days later.

Lifer

do tell.

-sedition
    keep this one short. Out in boston with a ton of bikes everyone saying how there's no way the cops can catch us. 3 of us on 93, lights come on one guy takes off, since my bike was faster I did too. Shot by him see him pull off the ramp and the cop follow him. Thinking I'm in the clear till I see 2 more getting on the onramp with the lights flashing. One cruiser kept up really well, the rest I was passing like parked cars from 128 intersection all the way to exit 4 in NH. Got up to 178 indicated. Made it home just as I ran out of gas. 22 state troopers from MA and NH showed up an hour or so later with the cuffs. I guess the fist cop got my plate number. My little sister was kind enough to count all the cruisers lining the street for me.

Lifer

I also used to play the violin for four or five years.

22 state troopers from MA and NH showed up an hour or so later with the cuffs. I guess the fist cop got my plate number. My little sister was kind enough to count all the cruisers lining the street for me.

whoaaaaa.....ok, you win the best factoid. hah.

-sedition

LISTEN TO SLAYER

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    i briefly 'studied' ballet.
    HA! I'm self-avowed of the fourm, and my shit never even got *near* stuff. damn. some else aside from me needs flames on their bike

-chr|s sedition

LISTEN TO SLAYER

Heh, thought this thread had died...

hessogood, funny stories man I'll have to take you out drinking some time and see if I can't get "the rest of the story" from ya...

More strange factoids about me:
    1) Once had every finger in his right hand broken in an attempt to get information from me
    2) Lived a summer on the streets in Cambridge, playing guitar for money and just generally bumming around. You haven't seen Boston until you've lived on a park bench.
    3) Have several incidents in my FBI file from when I was a kid. Had to spend 5 years without touching a computer.
    4) I used to average at least 2 arrests a year. Last 2 years are my longest arrest free streak since I was 15.

edit: oh yeah, i took ballet briefly as a youngun as well. Also play 5 or 6 musical instruments pretty well...

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

heh, well the broken fingers bit was because my roomate at the time was a fairly big time "work at home merchant" *cough*. He was easily moving $100,000 of merchandise a week, and pulling in $10K a week for himself. Honestly, I was not too terribly thrilled about who my roomate was, but there was always tons of good booze, hot chicks, great parties, good music, etc, etc, so I kinda overlooked the fact that it might not be wise to live with this dude. In any case, at one point he got robbed at gunpoint (boy was that fun, NOT), and he was out some $80,000 to his upper ups. Well he decided he was gonna just split, and hope they didn't find him, and the morning after the robbery I came home and all his shit was gone. I spent the morning cleaning up the mess he had left behind, and halfway through the morning the goombas showed up very much wanting to know where my "friend" was, and they didn't take "i don't know" very well... The rest of that is history I'd prefer not to relive, you can figure out the rest

As far as the FBI file goes, some of that I can't talk about, but I can say the gist of it is, I was a complete dork of a kid, and I was trying to decrypt some files I had found on some computer someplace *cough*, and I surepticiously used the resources of the San Diego Supercomputing institute to try to decrypt those files. I got caught because my neighbor reported the phone calls made on her line (that I had tapped) since she wasn't calling San Diego for any reason.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid

Obviously, what makes this super funny that it's coming from you! Hey, big deal, I tried it and was quickly like, "Fuck this!" The plus side was all the hotties... :

in high school and first 2 years of college i worked at a skateboard shop right near the Theater District in Boston. every fall there was this influx of ballet dancers for some seasonal training session that lasted about a month or so. they use to train / dance @ The Wang Center and some where down in the south end. the route between the two venues went right by the skate shop. every day like 5-6 skaters would show up to watch the "bun-head parade" as the girls would walk back and forth between training sites. eventully it turned into a "trick for trick" exchange. the chicks would do a split for various skaters if skaters would do a kickflip / handrail / etc or something for the bun-heads. the best is when i closed the store for 30 min for two of them to hook up in the basement ...then the owner came in and was like WTF? ooops.

-sedition

LISTEN TO SLAYER

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

WOW. I have lived a boring life.....
    Amazing the diversity of people we have here...all drawn together by motorcycles and location. Pretty amazing stories guys - thanks for sharing and keep em coming

-never been arrested
    -been pulled over only3 times
    -get searched EVERY time I leave the country..no matter what side
    -don't drink
    -don't smoke (either or any substance)
    -don't wheelie
    -don't run from po-po

me = boring

Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

-got kicked off golf-team in high school for beating team mate with 4 iron for calling me a 'faggot"

-chr|s sedition
    THAT is funny., Like a gay Happy Gilmore!

Ok, I'll play....

When I was very young (maybe 6) my dad let me drive his new tractor and I panic'd and ran right into Moms new lightpost. Flattened the lightpost and broke the head lights on Dad's new tractor. To this day, I can't live that one down.

Once ran off the road in a snow storm in the mountains and the car fell off the cliff into the trees and I had to climb down the tree and they cops had to call for a cherrypicker to get my car out of the tree!

Once myself and a friend headed to the Fish Co. to ho it up in our leather outfits and dance on the bar....we were asked to leave for causing such a rukkas!

Just Registered

Damn, I have lead a boring life

- First vehicle I ever wheelied was an 8hp lawn tractor, some kids had bikes...I had gear reduction and could swing that thing to like 10 with ease (big pimpin, I know ). Said tractor would eventually smolder with me under it, home alone, middle of summer, middle of my front yard, on some type of mud hornet nest. Most of that mess proved good and distracting until a neighbor asked why there was a divot about 3' up one of the fence posts and a dent in the front lower body of the mower. Dent subsequently made its way to pops' observation and the mower went for a ride to be replaced with a push style for the duration of my time at the residence.

- [edit] I've had some run-ins with the law.

- Stonefaced sober, after a 2 hour drive home while perfectly awake, decided to take a nap at the wheel some ~300' from my house- resultantly totalling a neighbors mailbox, an oak tree, and a new Tacoma.

- got expelled from high school - for not going to school

-have jumped out of a moving car, have been run over by same moving car, nothing serious - it has more comedic value then anything.

-got my family shunned from a church for playing the 'appetite for destruction' tape in a teddy ruxpin doll at a gathering.

-once left a party solo @ ~midnight in tilton NH and got on 93N to get home (lived in central ma at the time).. 2.5 hours later was wondering why the hell I never saw these signs about the wind and bears/moose before...

- fastest I ever stopped for was 96 in a 55, got off with a verbal.

I'm sure there's more...

Last edited by ssg; 11-14-04 at 07:48 PM.
    My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Originally posted by SWEET_Z
    -In 8 years of driving I have ammassed more than 30 points worth of tickets. I officially have a clean license. All were in a car, none on a bike.

-I once hooked up with two girls at a concert and scratched 3some off the list of things to do in my lifetime. Then went home and shagged my girlfriend.
    Been there..done that.. got the T-shirt..... ...Actually I kept their panties as a trophy!

SDIP 32...license lost for being 'abitch...........Habitual Offender that is....First Time...1 month...Second time..2 months...

I'm down to a SDIP 12 now....

I still love the smell of burnt racing fuel in the morning!

Originally posted by RSVMILLE661
    I was the 1994 NH state welding champion.. Both in the team event and individual. Representing Coe-Brown Academy.

I competed in the Ag-Mechanics contest held at UNH and mig-welded a T-fillet joint, flat butt joint, a pipe seam, Arc welded the same stuff, Oxy Accetaline brazed pipe, fusion welded butt joint, tig welded a butt joint of Aluminum.

Simply put I can weld the ass out of a cat.
    But can you weld glass........

I have a freind who is an acomplished welder...says he can...just his way of saying he's good...but he has welded alot of stuff Ive managed to break over the years...A friend like that is nice to have indeed!

I still love the smell of burnt racing fuel in the morning!