Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 283 FirstFirst 123456789101112224282 ... LastLast

Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    Lol... I definitely keep out of political and religious discussions, but Trump is just so over the top. I am not sure it is a political discussion as much as pop culture.
    Good point.

His candidacy seems to be a publicity stunt that people somehow bought into.

1 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

It will be interesting to see how things go when people actually step out and vote. If trump tanks at that point it will surely say something about the polls. I talk a lot of politics and I've met a total of two people who say they like him. Given the number of people I've discussed politics with in the past few months, the polls say it should be more like 40.

I've yet to understand what made Bill Clinton a good president. Everyone points to all these great things that happened while he was in office but then they fail to provide a legit explanation for how he is really responsible. Yeah the economy was good but that started brewing before he had a chance to contribute.

You can't give him credit for balancing the budget. Congress controls that through the power of the purse. If you look more closely at the numbers you'll see that things didn't get under control until after the republicans took over congress. Meanwhile, we didn't actually reduce the debt. While congress wasn't approving any external borrowing, the Clinton administration began borrowing internally like crazy.

I could go on and on. He wasn't bad, I just don't see how he was particularly good. I suppose I should give him some credit for working with Congress when the republicans took over.

0 Not allowed!

Am I the only one who can't wait to watch Hillary and The Donald have one on one debates? He's gonna tear her to pieces! They both scare the crap outta me as candidates however.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by b0xmonkey View Post
    Am I the only one who can't wait to watch Hillary and The Donald have one on one debates? He's gonna tear her to pieces! They both scare the crap outta me as candidates however.
    The Donald can't debate. He doesn't know anything about US government or foreign affairs. He can throw good insults, even though they are usually inaccurate.

2 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I think the barometer that most Americans use (right or wrong) is : Was my life better or worse before this dude was the pres? Better means he's good. Worse means he sucks. The condition of the global economy. The makeup of Congress. The occurrence of any natural disasters. All need not apply. Just how am I doing.

Then there is charisma. You don't have to be named Monica to recognize that wild Bill C is a damned sexy, charismatic dude. I personally about lost my mind when he played sax on Arsenio.

Wish I were half that sexeh.
    I don't know about all that, but he had piss poor taste in women. Hillary, Monica, Paula Jones...fucking gag-worthy bitches.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I think the barometer that most Americans use (right or wrong) is : Was my life better or worse before this dude was the pres? Better means he's good. Worse means he sucks. The condition of the global economy. The makeup of Congress. The occurrence of any natural disasters. All need not apply. Just how am I doing.

Then there is charisma. You don't have to be named Monica to recognize that wild Bill C is a damned sexy, charismatic dude. I personally about lost my mind when he played sax on Arsenio.

Wish I were half that sexeh.
    Come on over and let me serenade you. I'll even grow my hair all bushy-like if ya want.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    I don't know about all that, but he had piss poor taste in women. Hillary, Monica, Paula Jones...fucking gag-worthy bitches.
    I'm guessing plenty of gagging was involved.

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

The biggest issue I have with Clinton was he started the glacier-esque snow ball that hit in '07/08. He tore the ass out of Glass Steagall in his final years which got the ball rolling. Bush did nothing to slow it, simply turned a blind eye (easy to do when wall street is throw chunks of money in the other direction) but it was Clinton who allowed the whole mess to start. He rode the wave of excessive incomes and increased tax revenue to the point of eliminating deficit spending. That of course was all an artificial jump that went south fairly quickly.
    I by no means am saying he was a bad President, he did many good things, his foreign policy was more than adequate and totally dwarfed anyone to follow. I just don't think he should be awarded Zeus status. Of all the Presidents, he's the one I would want to go out and pick up chicks with. He seems to have no problem taking the fat friend.

1 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

If Donald Trump had a motorcycle, it would be the best motorcycle there is, and he'd be the best rider because the best people told him he was.

3 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Trump is like the Kim Jong Il of candidates. He won at everything but retired immediately before showing anyone else.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Trump has a motorcycle, Orange County Choppers bike. Fully laden with Gold leaf, extremely lavish and gaudy. Very odd for him to have something like that. But it does match his 757-200 private jet.

The man's worth like $2bil, I'd be cocky too. I still think he is a Trojan horse in this race. Keep the media off viable candidates so they are at a disadvantage when the real race starts.

2 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Good lord.

Reports of his net worth vary from his estimate of $8 bil down to $1.4 Bil with $415 mil in debt. To make that much money you have to choose your parents very carefully. Oh, and a few draft deferments....

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Good lord.

Reports of his net worth vary from his estimate of $8 bil down to $1.4 Bil with $415 mil in debt. To make that much money you have to choose your parents very carefully. Oh, and a few draft deferments....

He hasn't exactly squandered his opportunities either. People love to call him all kinds of names and you may not like him either. But the guy is a star and he possibly might be President of the United States. I'd take a ping pong ball in there over Billary or the current You can keep your doctor liar in chief currently residing there now.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco61 View Post
    He hasn't exactly squandered his opportunities either. People love to call him all kinds of names and you may not like him either. But the guy is a star
    Same can be said for Snookie or Kim Kardashian. I hope they never run for office. At this rate, they would have a shot!

5 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

same thing was said about Reagan becoming president.... who would vote for an actor that co-stared with an ape

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 12-23-15 at 02:49 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Good lord.

Every time he mentions ANYTHING about foreign policy and his being "awesome at the military" and knowing "more than the generals" , all I can think of is how much fun it would be to watch a real-life Celebrity Deathmatch with him and Gen. Stanley McCrystal (or maybe Henry Rollins).

1 Not allowed!

My personal belief is that the President has very little effect on the "state" of the country.

I believe there are too many checks and balances in the way of any one person really making a change in things.

And, if some new policy looks like it's getting momentum... I believe there are some very wealthy families and corporations that are the puppeteers of America - and nothing will happen that is against their wishes.

Fortunately, sometimes those wishes align with those of the Middle class... and we have a good run. Over my lifetime, all I've seen is back and forth between Dems and Republicans... and each side having some good runs and some bad ones.

I lean toward the Republican side of things in general, but one thing that really bugs me is the tax code. I think big businesses need to pay more and smaller businesses less. Percentage wise, the smaller businesses don't have the expertise with the code to take advantage like the big ones do.

The trick is to get big business to pay more, without raising prices to the consumer. Personally, I say simplify the tax code, you can then get rid of lots of tax attorneys and other tax code costs - get CEO and top management salaries to be a reasonable multiple of the workers - and the cost to consumers should not raise even while the big business pays more in taxes.

Dammit!!! Promised myself I wouldn't get sucked into this type of talk!

2 Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    My personal belief is that the President has very little effect on the "state" of the country.!
    Agreed. Too much focus on the President. They are mostly a figure head that takes the credit/blame but aren't nearly as effective as we think.

Congress is a much bigger deal and most of us don't pay enough attention to those races as we should.

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

While I do agree with the idea of the edit you made, there aren't enough "rich" people to cover the bill - even if you taxed them at 50% (and cut everyone else to 10%)

I will say, however, that I don't think wealthy people should receive Social Security. Yes, I know they put the money in, but the idea behind the program is to help those that need it in later years.

At the same time, we need to cut out all the payments to able bodied people... or at least get some community work out of them for it.

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TTD; 12-23-15 at 04:46 PM.
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    same thing was said about Reagan becoming president.... who would vote for an actor that co-stared with an ape
    I think that's s line from back to the future or something.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Trump is a festering pustule who should be given no credibility, and deserves no attention. That's all I need to say about that.

PhilB

4 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Obama is a left leaning idiolog who ignores everything to attempt to community organize the Earth

He has done many non Presidential things and the pusillanimous republicans won't call him on

Oath schmoth I am the EEO President

The President, if wont sign a law, controls the legislature

0 Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    Obama is a left leaning idiolog who ignores everything to attempt to community organize the Earth

He has done many non Presidential things and the pusillanimous republicans won't call him on

A. That has nothing to do with this thread.

B. All of those things are untrue.

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Trump is a festering pustule who should be given no credibility, and deserves no attention. That's all I need to say about that.

PhilB
    I'm with Phil. I don't think it's funny, in fact I think he's doing real damage and the media just can't wait to put his filth back out there for more people to see. I hope that he goes away soon.

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post

People like you are making sure Hilliary gets two full terms.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport