Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 144184204214215216217218219220221222223224
Results 5,576 to 5,585 of 5585

Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by joshk1025 View Post
    The problem isn't the tax cuts per se, it is that there generally aren't the spending cuts to match. Republicans can sell "hey, pay less taxes", and they pay lip service to the idea of "cut government", but when the rubber meets the road, Republicans don't have the stomach to cut spending, especially when it comes to high spending categories like the DOD.
    I agree with you on their inability to cut spending, but many of their tax cuts revolve around the premise of "The tax cuts will pay for themselves because the economy will grow to make up for it".

This never happens.

1 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    I agree with you on their inability to cut spending, but many of their tax cuts revolve around the premise of "The tax cuts will pay for themselves because the economy will grow to make up for it".

This never happens.
    To be fair, our electoral system more or less guarantees that there is always too much churn in leadership to be able to get a good grip on how exactly economic policies play out. Other countries have parties remain in power for decades, which is a better test for the actual soundness of any given policy.

0 Not allowed!

I dunno, I see all sorts of cuts...

1 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by joshk1025 View Post
    To be fair, our electoral system more or less guarantees that there is always too much churn in leadership to be able to get a good grip on how exactly economic policies play out. Other countries have parties remain in power for decades, which is a better test for the actual soundness of any given policy.
    For the stuff that plays out over the very long term, sure, I guess I agree.

But cutting tax rates? It's easy to see the effect immediately. Interest rates, the delay is a little longer.

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

I don't see a problem with cutting taxes. I do see a problem with lowering your income without reducing your expenditures.

Between Obama ripping up the deficit, and now this guy doing his fair share, the tinfoil illuminati conspiracy is coming out of the haze.

I think I'll go join the Freemasons....

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Not sure what you mean by Obama ripping up the deficit...? 2009 was the too big to fail bailout, for reference.

0 Not allowed!

Dic on

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    Not sure what you mean by Obama ripping up the deficit...? 2009 was the too big to fail bailout, for reference.

Me! Me! I know the answer to this one! It's Fake news, right?

There are 3 answers to every question from this shameful shameful administration.
    1. Hillary, emails or Benghazi. Take your pick
    2. fake news
    3. Illegals and poor people are to blame

I'm glad I'm not an American citizen. I feel your pain for those that are embarrassed.
    If this administration (with Trump, Pence or anyone else of their ilk) gets elected to serve another term, I'll be getting my kids dual citizenship to give them a sense of national pride in at least one country.
    I don't regret migrating to the U.S. I do have a deep disappointment with what this country has become over the 23 years I have lived here. I used to like people in general. Now I am wary of everyone I meet. I find myself wondering what their political leanings are as far as the presidency and current administration. This whole attitude of "I won't let your politics get in the way of our friendship " is utter bullshit. If you're a cunt whose morality aligns with Trump, I no longer want to associate with you. Not because you're a conservative, republican etc. because you're a horrible person.

4 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I'm glad I'm not an American citizen. I feel your pain for those that are embarrassed.
    If this administration (with Trump, Pence or anyone else of their ilk) gets elected to serve another term, I'll be getting my kids dual citizenship to give them a sense of national pride in at least one country.
    I don't regret migrating to the U.S. I do have a deep disappointment with what this country has become over the 23 years I have lived here. I used to like people in general. Now I am wary of everyone I meet. I find myself wondering what their political leanings are as far as the presidency and current administration. This whole attitude of "I won't let your politics get in the way of our friendship " is utter bullshit. If you're a cunt whose morality aligns with Trump, I no longer want to associate with you. Not because you're a conservative, republican etc. because you're a horrible person.
    I completely agree with you. Honestly, if Repubs somehow win in 2020, I'm no joke leaving the country. They are actively working against their base, yet people continue to support them. By dismantling the public school system, they're not exactly creating hope for the future, either. Also, re: supporting Trump... I generally give someone the benefit of the doubt and just assume that they aren't informed, but if they continue on with how good he's doing as a president and how his (read: GOP) policies are great for our country, I'm outtie.

Just a fun thing I caught while on the treadmill yesterday.... Fox News was reporting the Washington Post reporter who died was "accidentally killed during interrogation." Every other news agency reported the facts, and Fox News decided to report the spin the White House or whoever put on that whole fiasco. Anything with "News" in it's channel title needs to be held to a higher standard.

0 Not allowed!

A lot of people planned to leave if Obama got elected or Trump got elected. Very very few are actually leaving. If you start looking at other countries you'll see they all have their own issues

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    This whole attitude of "I won't let your politics get in the way of our friendship " is utter bullshit. If you're a cunt whose morality aligns with Trump, I no longer want to associate with you. Not because you're a conservative, republican etc. because you're a horrible person.
    This. This has been gnawing at me lately. My father-in-law, who has always been the overbearing bully type(which I have never put up with) tried to go after me on Facebook over my disgust for Trump. I had unfollowed him months ago because I was tired of his disgusting Trump worship and knew it would only get me in trouble, but he found a post I made on someone else's feed and decided it was game on. I took the high ground and told him how I felt about Trump and that he is entitled to his opinion, but this is not a topic that should be debated between family. One of his fellow cult members then stepped in to insult me and I figuratively slit the friend's throat and kicked him while he was bleeding out. My wife found the exchange between me and her father very upsetting and let her father know how she felt about it, in turn straining THEIR relationship. It's a mess.

I only generally see 6 of my 7 coworkers at shift change now, but at least twice a week they are all having a Trump circle jerk when I walk in and I want nothing to do with it. Today they were talking shit about Elizabeth Warren and "illegals" (two of their favorite topics), so I just said fuck it and sat in another part of the building until they left. They know my political views and like to goad me into arguments, which isn't healthy at work. I like all of my co-workers, but the more they talk politics, the less I want anything to do with them beyond getting the job done.

What I really want to say is, if you are happy about Kavanaugh, Trump, or any of the other slimy filth coming out of the GOP lately, fuck you.

3 Not allowed!