Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 257 of 257 FirstFirst ... 177217237247248249250251252253254255256257
Results 6,401 to 6,421 of 6421

Trump

  1. #6401
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    38
    Posts
    10,957

    Re: Trump


    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    1940 LOL Ummmm President Johnson was after JFK. Tell me. Do you consider yourself on the same "smarts" level as Alexandria Oscario-Cortez or lower? Simple question.
    You have no idea what I'm talking about do you? Luckily there's a little hint above. Do yourself a favor, read more and parrot less.

    Your hard on for asking people that is, as most things you say, obnoxious and a pathetic attempt at making what you think is a trap. You could just say you think she's dumb because you were told to think that. But alas, this is what happens when idiots get echo chambers and soap boxes. Here's a hint on the answer you're looking for, most intelligent people make decisions on lots of information. Like, I know you're an idiot from years of you posting on here.

    1 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  2. #6402
    364 Beers Shy of a Liter Trajiks9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough County, NH
    Posts
    687

    Re: Trump

    O
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    For the love of God!!!!.... Iím convinced that this thread wonít die before Stonemanís mower does. I canít take it.
    Itís like a bad accident. Your parents tell you not to look, but curiosity leads you to take a peak. It really makes me wish the boobies thread gets revitalized.

    5 Not allowed!
    🇯🇵 2001 Honda CBR 929RR R.I.P
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X
    🇯🇵 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R
    🇦🇹 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure-S

  3. #6403
    Senior Member MUZ720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    525

    Re: Trump

    For the love of God!!!!.... Iím convinced that this thread wonít die before Stonemanís mower does. I canít take it.
    Its best to just turn away and run, cause just like Trump himself its never going away!

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #6404
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,721

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post


    #WalkAway. Combat racism.
    Well, I definitely wasn't expecting a meaningful argument from that video. In the future, you may want to summarize the argument instead of just calling people racists and then dropping a ~40 minute seminar as a reply. I think you might be taking the extreme view of what is already a pretty extreme (and creative?) interpretation of history. One of his overall points about the difficulty in keeping history straight is a valid and under-emphasized one, but it seems a lot like he's attempting to do some re-writing of his own.

    He's attempting to use the southern democrat/klan linkage, people and events from 50+ years ago to imply that all modern-day democrats are racist. He asserts that social welfare, affirmative action (and ultimately taxes in general) represents forced labor(?), thus a form of slavery. He ignores any role republicans could have played in any of it over the more recent years. Points out that democrats at a local government level represent the majority of the poor urban districts and implies they intentionally don't succeed at their claims as an act of repressing their constituents on the basis of racism. As if it's some grand conspiracy. While ignoring that 'all the tiny red dots' touted by every 2016 MAGA fanboy aren't wealthy voters.

    He points out how many of the racist democrats of the south changed to republicans as part of a larger flip-flop between the two parties. But dwells on the democrat angle - as if he didn't just say 5 minutes before that 'all the racists became republicans'* while 'the democratic party shifted to market towards an entire voter-base of minorities'* (*para-phrased from memory) He attempts to use an anecdote about absolutely zero republicans owning slaves in 1860. The party was founded in 1856, Lincoln (R) is elected 1860, and the civil war starts in 1861. I'm not seeing it be that compelling of a point. And that was a century and a half ago.

    The whole argument consists of interesting and debatably factual tidbits spun in to a much larger conspiracy. Take his spin out of it and it becomes a much common debate topic. One that isn't nearly as radical. Whether social programs, compulsory taxes, and government-mandated social changes (e.g. affirmative action) can achieve their goal. Even their supporters can surely admit they have some interesting side effects. No plan is flawless. To use the 'logic' that anyone associated with the current-day democratic party is automatically presumed racist can be equally applied to republicans. We jump from half the voters in the country to the entire voting population of the country being racist. All while ~60-70million democrats somewhat recently voted for our first black President. Twice.

    Unfortunately, I fear this is going to be more of a curiosity/writing exercise for myself since I doubt I'm going to get any meaningful debate going given your usual pattern. Happy to be wrong there. And I'll give myself a 'needs improvement' on the writing.

    0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

  5. #6405
    Senior Member TwelveGaugeSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palmer, MA
    Posts
    457

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post

    Unfortunately, I fear this is going to be more of a curiosity/writing exercise for myself since I doubt I'm going to get any meaningful debate going given your usual pattern. Happy to be wrong there. And I'll give myself a 'needs improvement' on the writing.
    You're a better person than me. I just can't sit through partisan hack speeches anymore, be they left or right. If this guy entered a legitimate debate on the subject with someone taking opposing views, no problem. But when I watch this stuff I start yelling at my computer when the propaganda starts flowing.

    As for the base argument, taxes are necessary. Even hardcore libertarians don't want to completely abolish taxes(how else do you pay for a military?). There is no "slavery" involved. We as a community elect officials who decide on taxation. If you want less, vote for officials who reduce them or move. When you "progressivize" taxes, they tend to have very little impact on those struggling and only really hit those who are doing well, making it a non-issue in my opinion. I'm doing pretty well, so I get taxed, but I don't mind because I understand that those taxes better our community. I may not agree with all of them, but that's part of being a community and not just an individual.

    Affirmative action sucks but the alternative is minorities getting screwed by racist assholes like my former boss who said any application with a "black name" goes right in the shredder. I don't like affirmative action, but understand its necessity.

    Social programs are a no-brainer. They prevent kids and the elderly from suffering more than they should in a wealthy society and prevent crime. The best way to reduce this, in my opinion, would be to stop allowing companies to pay pathetically shitty wages.

    Finally, there is no way on' brain dead Rambunctious replies to this with any meaningful conversation. The echo chamber just doesn't work that way.

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #6406
    Lifer Falko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MoonTown
    Posts
    4,436

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Itís a diversion, itís what makes the Government tick.
    FFY...

    0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

  7. #6407
    Lifer Falko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MoonTown
    Posts
    4,436

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Here's a fun read on Politico: Biden Should Run on a Unity Ticket With Romney - POLITICO Magazine

    Abstract: Biden should run in 2020, but as a 3rd party candidate with a Republican running mate. The argument is made that the next election cycle is primed for third party success, with the caveat that the name on the ballot is someone well-known and respected (no, Gray, not you...) Anyhow, the idea has some merit.
    Baker-Polito, 2024

    0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

  8. #6408
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,561

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    For the love of God!!!!.... Iím convinced that this thread wonít die before Stonemanís mower does. I canít take it.
    It's a real Christmas miracle.

    0 Not allowed!

  9. #6409
    Lifer Falko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MoonTown
    Posts
    4,436

    Re: Trump

    If Trump became the spokesman for Rotella, that would be Christmas gold...

    1 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

  10. #6410
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,561

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    If Trump became the spokesman for Rotella, that would be Christmas gold...
    You just know he'd come out against Rottella and recommend "3000 mile oil changes because of all the, and I really mean it here, acid, which everyone says, Nancy Pelosi is a great proponent of acid in oil but I say make it less acid and slipping clutch."

    4 Not allowed!
    Last edited by stoinkythepig; 12-13-18 at 10:20 AM.

  11. #6411
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,124,078

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    For the love of God!!!!.... Iím convinced that this thread wonít die before Stonemanís mower does. I canít take it.
    Easy...



    0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  12. #6412
    Lifer Not Sure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New London, NH
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajiks9 View Post
    It really makes me wish the boobies thread gets revitalized.
    Plenty of boobs in this thread.

    4 Not allowed!

  13. #6413
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,793

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Oh, Dinesh D'Souza who is a convicted felon? Middle man for illegal campaign contributions? That Dinesh D'Souza?

    You're a riot, man.
    You cannot dispute the message so you attack the messenger. I see you like to call people bigots. Take a look in the mirror pal. You are a proud member of the party of slavery, Jim Crow, the modern day plantation, racism and inequality and brag about it. Once it is pointed out to you and you remain a member you then become a racist. #WalkAway and please put me on ignore.[/QUOTE]

    I don't need to dispute the message once I consider the source. Calling him a convicted felon isn't attacking him. It's stating facts about the value of his opinion.

    calling me a racist is laughable. As is the old whataboutism of going back 100 years in the democratic party. For your tiny fucking brain I will spell out the fact that I wasn't a democrat 100 years ago. I wasn't a democrat even 10 years ago. I became a democrat when a decent man came along to run for president. I don't vote, but I support the office of president being occupied by a man of integrity. Policies don't make a difference to me as a middle-class American. I'll gladly accept a fluctuation of a couple of thousand a year in income in order to have an educated man of high moral standing in the Oval Office.

    And you're still a primo idiot. And you're still a bigot.

    1 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  14. #6414
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,236

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I support the office of president being occupied by a man of integrity.
    You sexist Irish slob!

    0 Not allowed!

  15. #6415
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,793

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    You sexist Irish slob!
    Fuck. I meant "person"

    0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  16. #6416

    0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

  17. #6417
    Senior Member TwelveGaugeSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palmer, MA
    Posts
    457

    Re: Trump

    No responses, just cut and paste echo chamber propaganda. I'm shocked.

    0 Not allowed!

  18. #6418
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    19,362

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveGaugeSage View Post
    No responses, just cut and paste echo chamber propaganda. I'm shocked.
    That's his MO. Can't formulate his own thoughts, so he uses someone else's. If he understood them thoroughly, he wouldn't use them because he would know he couldn't defend them. When one of the thoughts he posts from someone else is challenged, he ignores the challenge to the viewpoint/information, attacks the person and moves on to the next bullshit.


    So, how's about he just stick to one thing at a time and let the wolves devour that bloated carcass until there is nothing left? If he really believes in these burning piles of trash, at least stand on them for a while.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  19. #6419
    Senior Member TwelveGaugeSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Palmer, MA
    Posts
    457

    Re: Trump

    Moving on, Maria Butina plead guilty today: Maria Butina pleads guilty to engaging in conspiracy against US - CNNPolitics

    Remember when she asked Trump this question in 2015?


    0 Not allowed!

  20. #6420
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,793

    Re: Trump



    I have douche chills. You know that was a one-weekend effort by about 3 people, right?
    I'm truly embarrassed for you.

    0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  21. #6421
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,721

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I don't need to dispute the message once I consider the source. Calling him a convicted felon isn't attacking him. It's stating facts about the value of his opinion.
    To be fair, I think a lot of people are quick to de-value anyone's opinion the moment they're a felon. Kind of a weird social concept. If he were convicted of a non-felonious crime involving improper campaign donations, I'm not sure people would see it the same. I'm not trying to suggest people completely ignore it, but I guess just see them as someone convicted of a crime, and consider the crime's significance on it's own.

    Someone else pointed out that he's been pardoned, which is even more nuanced of a scenario. Technically, I guess he's still a once-convicted felon? Would the accurate phrase be 'pardoned felon'? But then you have to bring up who pardoned him and the circumstances behind it. None of which does anything to address the debate. It's just a more socially acceptable version of a character attack. Unless the crime itself plays a strong role in discrediting their argument, you really should argue the points themselves.
    "The #walkaway campaign will be a world-changer for the Democrats this Midterm election. Leftists and liberals Ė get yourself a nice bathing suit Ė thereís a red wave on the horizon." She may have over-estimated that a bit...

    Do realize the article talks about people feeling wrongly labeled with dramatic terms like 'racist', while you've done exactly the same in the past 48hrs? You aren't alone though, as the author does the same.

    1 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •