Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 266 of 269 FirstFirst ... 186226246256257258259260261262263264265266267268269 LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 6702

Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    You’re so meaty and tough it makes me hard.
    Don't get Rambunctous all excited.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Don't get Rambunctous all excited.

When asked if he thinks if the New England Streetriders pin-up girl can win, he said, in a comment that is drawing some scorn, "That I don't know. You would have to ask her psychiatrist."
    "I hope she maybe gets the nomination. That would be a wonderful thing for me," Trump said.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

He does like insulting and degrading women. So Congratulations ... that would work for him..but she wont be the nominee...

0 Not allowed!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

You folks all need to "CALM DOWN AND ENJOY THE RIDE".
    Trump-bxdncz7ceae2ggd-jpg

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    When asked if he thinks if the New England Streetriders pin-up girl can win, he said, in a comment that is drawing some scorn, "That I don't know. You would have to ask her psychiatrist."
    "I hope she maybe gets the nomination. That would be a wonderful thing for me," Trump said.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
    I'd love to see how you came to the conclusion that people here widely view her as a good candidate in our current political environment. The vast majority of what I've noticed here is a "meh, not really" opinion of her from left leaning people.

But given your complete lack of respect for actual historical occurrences that don't support your pre-conceived opinion, I suppose you are right. Everyone here is just SO into her. Just go ahead and quote that supporting evidence.

OR, just ignore this and move on, like you always do.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I'd love to see how you came to the conclusion that people here widely view her as a good candidate in our current political environment. The vast majority of what I've noticed here is a "meh, not really" opinion of her from left leaning people.
    That's a really good point, I don't know anyone that's excited by her as a candidate. I don't think she's "Ted Cruz unlikable", but she's not terribly popular either.

0 Not allowed!

I'm excited about her as a candidate. So.. here's one.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post

Let's keep this tally going! Lol.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Me too. And Trump is too. Make that three.

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

She's your pin up girl?

Ouch.

And do you really think Cheeto can figure out how to use the internet to be on here? This isn't NETWEETER.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Just watched the address. Putting the content aside, 45 seems to have no understanding of how punctuation works. He was clearly reading from a teleprompter to stay on message but stopped at odd points and did not pause where there were obviously commas, periods and paragraph breaks.

He was oddly monotoned in his delivery. It felt weird.

0 Not allowed!

I have more and more respect for the cats that worked post on “the apprentice” every day now. Miracles were clearly performed.

0 Not allowed!

I have more and more respect for the cats that worked post on “the apprentice” every day now. Miracles were clearly performed.
    They had time on their side, and could pull as many takes as they needed to make him look coherent.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I am beginning to see why he can negotiate in business so well. People will sign anything just to get out of the room.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Had a good laugh yesterday from Paul and Al on 94hjy radio. The topic was "know body knows more about _____ than I do".
    Just makes you realize how much of an idiot trump sounds like when his mouth opens.

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Had a good laugh yesterday from Paul and Al on 94hjy radio. The topic was "know body knows more about _____ than I do".
    Just makes you realize how much of an idiot trump sounds like when his mouth opens.
    Did he say that again last night? I couldn't watch.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

I don't care if you're Republican, Democrat, Pope my friend, mother or my brother

Anybody that says shit like this I want nothing to do in my life

Trump quotes about knowing more than anybody

"Campaign finance: "I think nobody knows more about campaign finance than I do, because I'm the biggest contributor." (1999.)

TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)

ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)

Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)

Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)

Lawsuits: "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)

Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."

The visa system: "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)

Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)

The U.S. government system: "[N]obody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)

Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)

Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)

Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)

Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)

Infrastructure: "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)

Sen. Cory Booker: "I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." (July 2016.)

Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."

Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)

Construction: "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)

The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)

Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)

Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)

Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)"

1 Not allowed!

What Trump does best is deflect and delay. Feeling the heat about the Russian investigation... The Wall!
    He does this all the time and it works! He try's and succeeds in changing the narrative. Stupid he is not. Dirty, lying ,corrupt self dealing thinks he's above the law! Yes!
    And I do believe he does know more about theses things then others.
    Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)
    Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)
    TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    While he's clearly has results in these two areas, he can't hold a candle to Kardashians.

0 Not allowed!

Be sure and send the President money RIGHT NOW so that your name can be added to the list of TRUE PATRIOTS sent to him. He's noticed your name isn't on the list and is extending the deadline JUST FOR YOU because in the past YOU have been such a strong supporter of AMERICA!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Just watched the address. Putting the content aside, 45 seems to have no understanding of how punctuation works. He was clearly reading from a teleprompter to stay on message but stopped at odd points and did not pause where there were obviously commas, periods and paragraph breaks.
    There's a large mountain of circumstantial evidence that Trump has some kind of serious reading disability. When he was on SNL a few years back someone commented that he refused to read/rehearse scripts in front of people.

There was a really good article about this recently:

How Mark Burnett Resurrected Donald Trump as an Icon of American Success | The New Yorker

My favorite paragraph:

“The Apprentice” was built around a weekly series of business challenges. At the end of each episode, Trump determined which competitor should be “fired.” But, as Braun explained, Trump was frequently unprepared for these sessions, with little grasp of who had performed well. Sometimes a candidate distinguished herself during the contest only to get fired, on a whim, by Trump. When this happened, Braun said, the editors were often obliged to “reverse engineer” the episode, scouring hundreds of hours of footage to emphasize the few moments when the exemplary candidate might have slipped up, in an attempt to assemble an artificial version of history in which Trump’s shoot-from-the-hip decision made sense. During the making of “The Apprentice,” Burnett conceded that the stories were constructed in this way, saying, “We know each week who has been fired, and, therefore, you’re editing in reverse.” Braun noted that President Trump’s staff seems to have been similarly forced to learn the art of retroactive narrative construction, adding, “I find it strangely validating to hear that they’re doing the same thing in the White House.”

2 Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Did he say that again last night? I couldn't watch.
    No I didn’t watch. Figured I’d hear all about it anyways on FB.. but then I remembered the usual political posters there are on the block list. Win win for me

2 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

No he did not say that. He was incredibly tight and monotonous in reading the prepared script. Absolutely zero deviation as far as I could tell.

At the same time, I could feel him resenting it with every word. It was an uncomfortable speech and I don’t understand why it rose to the level of an Oval Office address.

0 Not allowed!

I watched. I watched the address with political commentators fact checking in real-time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    It was an uncomfortable speech and I don’t understand why it rose to the level of an Oval Office address.
    It also introduced zero new information. No change in initiative was announced. No policy changes. No new evidence supporting his positions. Nothing.

What it was is his first Trump-2020 re-election speech. He managed to hoodwink the networks into airing this publicity stunt for him.
    His campaign coordinated mailings and solicitations in concert with this address.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by nhbubba; 01-09-19 at 02:10 PM.

0 Not allowed!