Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 202242262272273274275276277278279280281282
Results 7,026 to 7,046 of 7046

Trump

  1. #7026
    Lifer Falko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MoonTown
    Posts
    4,646

    Re: Trump


    Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    2+2=5 in your world

    Foreign aid budget = 50 billion. Less than 1% of total budget. Not sure what "allied aid budget" that you're referencing is or how big it is, but it certainly doesn't cover what you claim.

    How does 50 billion cause businesses to adjust their work weeks or vacation is just you throwing words at the wall and trolling.

    The total of foreign aid is less than Trumps increases in defense budget. Which we needed because... reasons?


    You a billionaire yet or you're still being a lazy society entitlement mooch?
    While I'm not defending Ramsters, his numbers would also include the amount of military spending we incur for policing the world. That's probably another $150B. But I don't see even $200B being enough to pay for college. (That 150 is not inclusive of war costs which could be 800 per year)
    And this reduction would allow for lower corporate taxation allowing for increased employment to reduce the overall hours we all have to work, similar to the Euro nations, supposedly. But again, this is counting on a trickle down effect which would pull from the bottom line, which will never happen.
    And we do need to increase our military spending for a few cycles to rebuild/repair our arsenal. The last 20 years of war has worn out our equipment and it should be upgraded to maintain effectiveness. You can argue we don't need it, but that's another discussion.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Falko; 04-09-19 at 12:35 PM. Reason: clarifications
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

  2. #7027

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    While I'm not defending Ramsters, his numbers would also include the amount of military spending we incur for policing the world. That's probably another $150B. But I don't see even $200B being enough to pay for college. (That 150 is not inclusive of war costs which could be 800 per year)
    And this reduction would allow for lower corporate taxation allowing for increased employment to reduce the overall hours we all have to work, similar to the Euro nations, supposedly. But again, this is counting on a trickle down effect which would pull from the bottom line, which will never happen.
    And we do need to increase our military spending for a few cycles to rebuild/repair our arsenal. The last 20 years of war has worn out our equipment and it should be upgraded to maintain effectiveness. You can argue we don't need it, but that's another discussion.
    If you think that not "policing the world" will result in any kind of surplus or savings I don't know what to tell you? There is nothing to back this up.

    Nobody in military will be "cut". Contracts won't end. Ships will be built. F35 program will continue etc etc

    We are already trying to and have been leaving the middle east yet Trump pushed for $80 billion MORE for military in our budget.

    What you consider "costs" others see as profits and will fight for tooth and nail to maintain those profits, whether anything is going on or not. Its one of, if not the biggest domestic employers is the Military industrial complex between military, contractors and US manufacturers that provide for military. It's like the last industry we really produce and lead the world on. Nobody is cutting that gravy train off.

    As far as the increase being needed like you said thats a whole another discussion. Trumps 2020 proposal is another 174 billion for 2020 military budget I believe.

    For a guy that hates government bloat (Trump), ask any military guy how inefficient everything is and how much is purely wasted. How about focusing on that instead of throwing billions more at the problem. Wasn't this guy concerned about deficit not too long ago?

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #7028

    Re: Trump

    God forbid politicians support any cuts to the military

    Third, and most important, it should close unneeded military bases. By its own estimates, the DoD is operating with 21% excess capacity in all its facilities.

    Congress won't allow DoD to close bases. The Bi-Partisan Budget Act of 2013 blocked future military base closings. Few elected officials are willing to risk losing local jobs caused by base closures in their states. Instead, the Pentagon will need to reduce the number of soldiers so it can afford the benefits of bases.

    Congress is also reluctant to allow DoD to cut other costs, like military health benefits and the growth of military pay. Sequestration cut defense spending by $487 billion over 10 years. Many in Congress said the cuts jeopardize national security. They are concerned about a cutback of about 100,000 troops, closure of domestic military bases, and termination of some weapons systems. All of those cuts cost jobs and revenue in their districts. That's why lawmakers added $180 billion to the limits imposed by sequestration for FY 2018 and FY 2019
    US Military Budget: Components, Challenges, Growth

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #7029
    Jamnuts jhawley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern CT
    Age
    35
    Posts
    696

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Fake Indian on warpath against corporations and The Bartender and Mister Frosty plan to tax rich people out of existence next election. You're all set. . . . I applied for three jobs last week and had two interviews. So I'm all set too.
    I'm all for reasonable discussion but why does the right give AOC so much shit for being a bartender when she was younger. Aren't y'all the motherfuckers that are all about "pull your self up by your bootstraps" she did that's the best insult ya'll got. This is nearly has hypocritical as none one saying shit about trump having 2 ex wives, and and several kids with multiple women. if Obama did that shit heads would fucking roll.

    9 Not allowed!

  5. #7030
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,984

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    I paid for my pension. 13% of my salary. And I also paid social security which I cannot collect. What is bootstrappy?
    Fake news. You did not pay 13% 10+2 would be the max you paid but since you're already out I bet you paid 10. Also if you worked enough months you can collect SS at a reduced rate on top of your pension. You obviously just didn't work enough.

    And as for everything else you post... you're barely laughable at this point. Tax the rich out of existence... Unreal.

    1 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  6. #7031
    Lifer obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norf Sho
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,984

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    ...lower corporate taxation allowing for increased employment...
    Oh yeah?

    0 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

  7. #7032
    Member jimmycapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NW CT
    Posts
    214

    Re: Trump

    My company is buying back 1 Billion of their own stock. Feel that trickle.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #7033
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,659

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    My company is buying back 1 Billion of their own stock. Feel that trickle.
    Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  9. #7034

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    I'm all for reasonable discussion but why does the right give AOC so much shit for being a bartender when she was younger. Aren't y'all the motherfuckers that are all about "pull your self up by your bootstraps" she did that's the best insult ya'll got. This is nearly has hypocritical as none one saying shit about trump having 2 ex wives, and and several kids with multiple women. if Obama did that shit heads would fucking roll.
    Reasonable? Using the MF word. For your information we didn't elect a saint. We elected a guy to curtail you social democrats that wanna go way of Venezuela. And we call AOC dumb because she is very dumb. Watch this so your TDS goes through the roof. Us vs your types. The Daily Caller on Twitter: "MUST SEE: "Every 4 years, the black community is offered handouts and fear." @RealCandaceO absolutely shreds Democrat representatives.… https://t.co/q1xh5lv4xR"

    0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

  10. #7035
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,659

    Re: Trump

    Don’t pretend to be offended by “motherfucker”.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  11. #7036
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    For your information we didn't elect a saint. We elected a guy to curtail you social democrats that wanna go way of Venezuela.
    Didn't the 2018 election go in exactly the opposite direction of that? Seems like there are more socialist democrats in power now than ever before. Similarly, didn't Trump also get elected to slow illegal immigration? Illegal immigration has sky-rocketed since he took office. That's gotta be pretty disappointing.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. #7037
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    15,763

    Re: Trump

    Purports to be offended by "motherfucker".
    Nominates and then elects an offensive, womanizing, tax-cheating reality TV personality to be President, leader of his party.

    Ladies and gentlemen, the modern GOP.

    7 Not allowed!
    Last edited by nhbubba; 04-10-19 at 08:44 AM.

  13. #7038
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,659

    Re: Trump

    The party of family values.

    2 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  14. #7039
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    15,763

    Re: Trump

    The BEST people. ALL of them.

    1 Not allowed!

  15. #7040

  16. #7041
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    19,589

    Re: Trump

    If you guys don't quote him, I never see his drivel. Gotta love the ignore list.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  17. #7042
    Cat herder
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Low Earth orbit
    Posts
    232

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    If you guys don't quote him, I never see his drivel. Gotta love the ignore list.
    Trump-untitled-jpeg

    2 Not allowed!

  18. #7043
    Jamnuts jhawley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern CT
    Age
    35
    Posts
    696

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Reasonable? Using the MF word. For your information we didn't elect a saint. We elected a guy to curtail you social democrats that wanna go way of Venezuela. And we call AOC dumb because she is very dumb. Watch this so your TDS goes through the roof. Us vs your types. The Daily Caller on Twitter: "MUST SEE: "Every 4 years, the black community is offered handouts and fear." @RealCandaceO absolutely shreds Democrat representatives.… https://t.co/q1xh5lv4xR"

    You many not realize but there are no black folks that even take this chick seriously, motherfucker.
    contrary to popular belief we (black folks) arent looking for handouts.

    Candace Owens is racist white america's black friend. (as listed as by an amazing headline of an post.)

    On behalf of black america. fuck that bitch.

    Edit: added a link with video. Still agreeing with my previous statement. Fuck her.

    jordan on Twitter: ".@TedLieu just played Candace Owens' comments on Hitler and nationalism during the hearing on white nationalism.

    She looks less than pleased.… https://t.co/SMjhz81Bwn"


    Also. Not that reddit is my social litmus test of things but everything Candace related is tied to the cesspool that is r/the Donald.

    4 Not allowed!
    Last edited by jhawley; 04-10-19 at 01:10 PM.

  19. #7044
    Lifer gixxer72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Purports to be offended by "motherfucker".
    Quite possibly the best curse word of all time. I’m also fond of the Spanish version, puta madre. Very satisfying, and generally quite effective.

    1 Not allowed!

  20. #7045
    Lifer jasnmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chichester, NH
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    I’m also fond of the Spanish version, puta madre.
    Google Maps

    0 Not allowed!

  21. #7046
    Lifer gixxer72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    That’s beautiful! Long trip for Mexican food..

    0 Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •