Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 283 of 288 FirstFirst ... 203243263273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288 LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 7179

Trump

Re: Trump

Good thing our Justice Department has been kind enough to "not charge a sitting president with a crime".

The perfect storm of excuses and more bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Shame. Shame. Shame.
    A great song and fitting for the occasion.

0 Not allowed!

ERS plays that a lot.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

He's owned by the oil/gas/coal lobbyists. This isn't particularly surprising.

And how would it make cars safer exactly? And lead to more production for the JERBS JERBS JERBS!?

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Republicans are all about states' rights... so long as they're the right rights.

3 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

I generally align conservatives with states rights. I generally align Trump supporters with conservatives. I would think this would piss them off, but down with California!

0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    "California's waiver under the Clean Air Act allowed it to set standards tighter than the federal standards, which have been adopted by more than a dozen states and became the de-facto nationwide standard, because automakers do not design different sets of vehicles to meet different standards in different states."

Automakers absolutely DO. Engine parts, converters, fuel systems for evap, software. Vehicle might look the same, but a California vs. Fed sticker under the hood changes a lot for replacement parts. Probably 80% of the cars I see in my shop are CA emissions. And I'm good with that, I like clean air.

0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Hypertarded

I was curious when this thread would be revived, as it does appear that his devious plan to simply OVERWHELM the country with so many crazy/insane/outrageous/illegal and mind boggling statements/laws/acts would make us ignore them and/or simply accept them as the "New Normal". The list of blatantly illegal issues he has been involved in, without even attempting to hide & even gleefully admitting, just over the past 3-4 months is deplorable

Anyway, while not at the state level, here is another oil/gas/coal decision to "MAGA" for the people while enriching his $$$ supporters:

https://earther.gizmodo.com/trumps-e...yra-1837889616

Trump's Energy Department Swoops in to Save Us From the Tyranny of More Efficient Lightbulbs

The rollback will mean $14 billion a year in higher energy costs and add to the nationís greenhouse gas emissions, according to a study by the Appliance Standards Awareness Project and the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy.

Not to mention the true logic behind Drumps hatred of the "Fake Evil LED" bulbs:

Yeah, that's why you look ORANGE

0 Not allowed!

Anybody that still supports this fuck has zero integrity.

5 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

My dad is one of them, sadly. He claims he only votes for this idiot because he's a successful businessman and supports pro business ideals. I've told him time and time again that a good businessman doesn't declare bankruptcy numerous times, but he never seems to listen.

0 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Anybody that still supports this fuck has zero integrity.
    Integrity is a make belief liberal college agenda/myth.

The man that complained about others golfing and said he'd never have time to golf, golfs non stop at his own property.
    The man that complains about gun rights has banned bump stocks and wanted to take away guns first due process second. Official white house page supports red flag laws as potential policy.
    The man that complains about our debt is racking it up
    The man that complained about executive orders is making them constantly
    The people that complain about "liberal snowflakes getting their feelings hurt" constantly bitch and moan about anything that hurts their feelings, war on Christmas, starbucks, Nike, etc etc our Commander in chief is the biggest twitter crybaby/whiner I've ever seen.

Etc etc etc

If you want to have some fun, just ask the supporters what if anything the man can do that would lead them to stop being a supporter. They will fail to come up with an action that they would consider crosses the line.

That tells you something.

0 Not allowed!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

I have to confess that I really like the trade war with China. I don't think Trump understands why it's a good idea, but I'm glad he's doing it. I think it's time to stop sending so much money and intellectual property there and start spreading it around a bit more.

Edited to add: I like that it's political suicide too...

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    I have to confess that I really like the trade war with China. I don't think Trump understands why it's a good idea, but I'm glad he's doing it. I think it's time to stop sending so much money and intellectual property there and start spreading it around a bit more.

Edited to add: I like that it's political suicide too...
    Well, it's not political suicide if some people support it

But seriously, why do you think that it's bad that we're "sending so much money there"? What is it about this that concerns you? I'm genuinely interested by what his supporters (or people who support the trade war) think as to what it's about and why it's a good idea.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Well, it's not political suicide if some people support it

But seriously, why do you think that it's bad that we're "sending so much money there"? What is it about this that concerns you? I'm genuinely interested by what his supporters (or people who support the trade war) think as to what it's about and why it's a good idea.
    China is very ambitious about world domination and is aggressively building up their military. I hate the idea of funding that. They are also well known for industrial espionage and I have dealt with it first hand at work. I would love to see that curbed by simply doing joint ventures with other low cost regions that are not trying to steal every idea (or are at least not so bold about it...).

I am not a Trump supporter by any means. I despise the man. I can freely admit when he does something I agree with though.

0 Not allowed!

The Chinese military is the government with a pretty face. They've never shied away from telling you were they are headed when pointedly asked. They just don't shout it out.

0 Not allowed!

China is very ambitious about world domination and is aggressively building up their military. I hate the idea of funding that. They are also well known for industrial espionage and I have dealt with it first hand at work. I would love to see that curbed by simply doing joint ventures with other low cost regions that are not trying to steal every idea (or are at least not so bold about it...).
    I get all of that (and I even agree with some of it), but neither a trade war nor tariffs are going to combat the problems you speak of.

I go to the grocery store all the time, and I give them way more money than they give me. Does this mean I'm getting a bad deal? Am I "losing" to the grocery store? Of course not.

I am not a Trump supporter by any means. I despise the man. I can freely admit when he does something I agree with though.
    I can admit it too -- for instance, I supported his meeting with North Korea -- but what he's so concerned about (bilateral trade deficit with China) is more or less irrelevant.

1 Not allowed!

Lifer

I have some bad news for you. You're living in a black pot. Remember that time our gov definitely didn't backdoor firmware, weaken encryption standards, basically wiretap the entire internet, have some role in the distribution of software designed to fuck with a uranium enrichment device, while playing puppet master to various regimes?

I get that China might be worse, but our hands aren't exactly clean.

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

I'd love to hear of any country that "won" a trade war. As in calculated benefit of winning vs calculated cost of just continuing with status quo.

You know, just show me a time in history at a large scale like this when the benefit was worth the pain, financially.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I can admit it too -- for instance, I supported his meeting with North Korea -- but what he's so concerned about (bilateral trade deficit with China) is more or less irrelevant.
    This is one I strongly disagree with, at least in the manner in which it took place. Not with a fascist dictator take his citizens and imprisons them for life in work camps, tortures them, and murders them. The military posturing on their part is more tolerable. With this type of entity there are really only two possible approaches, you either bomb them out and kill them or you starve them out until they become pliable....no matter how many years it takes. The third (Trump) option is untenable because in taking meetings this way you're giving credibility to to fascist dictatorships. What's the end game? The Kim regime suddenly plays nice and is invited to all the UN parties?

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    This is one I strongly disagree with, at least in the manner in which it took place. Not with a fascist dictator take his citizens and imprisons them for life in work camps, tortures them, and murders them. The military posturing on their part is more tolerable. With this type of entity there are really only two possible approaches, you either bomb them out and kill them or you starve them out until they become pliable....no matter how many years it takes. The third (Trump) option is untenable because in taking meetings this way you're giving credibility to to fascist dictatorships. What's the end game? The Kim regime suddenly plays nice and is invited to all the UN parties?
    I'm an absolutist in that I'd talk to anyone, but not in the sense that I'd talk to them in any place under any condition.

For instance, I'd be willing to talk to the Ayatollah, but I wouldn't invite him to Ground Zero; I'd be willing to talk to the Taliban leadership, but I wouldn't invite them to Ground Zero.

Pres Trump's "beautiful friendship" stuff with Kim makes me want to gag, but I respect that he at least met with him. (Of course, when Pres Obama made overtures about wanting to meet with NK, conservative politicians and commentators were aghast at the idea. )

0 Not allowed!

This is one I strongly disagree with, at least in the manner in which it took place.
    Pres Trump's "beautiful friendship" stuff with Kim makes me want to gag, but I respect that he at least met with him.
    This is the problem. I'm not saying you never sit down with them, ultimately its the N. Korean people who suffer for that policy. The way in which it was done it would have been better not done at all. The whole package counts, that's why he gets zero respect from me on this topic.

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

This is the problem. I'm not saying you never sit down with them, ultimately its the N. Korean people who suffer for that policy. The way in which it was done it would have been better not done at all. The whole package counts, that's why he gets zero respect from me on this topic.
    Yeah, I get it. There are some people who are like "I would never meet with him, he's a dictator" and I think that's the wrong approach. They aren't just going to go away; you have to reason with them as much as is possible. I guess I disagree with you in that I'd take a really bad way of doing it over not doing it at all?

0 Not allowed!

In August, a whistleblower raised a concern the Intelligence Community Inspector General determined was a matter of "urgent concern". That's the legal threshold that requires notifying congressional oversight committees. The Washington Post reported the issue involves Trump making a promise to a foreign leader. What could he possibly promise that would raise such a high level of concern?

The acting Director of National Intelligence went to the Department of Justice, and someone in the hierarchy declared it to not be "urgent". The DNI reports directly to the president, so there is only a very small group of people who could demand that change.

Today, the IG is apparently telling Congress he's "unable" to confirm or deny anything about the complaint. Move along folks, there's nothing to see here...

0 Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

So you think that this trade war business is being effective?
    I am curious how you see threatening tariffs and then back-pedaling effecting industrial espionage or IP theft.

Also curious where you were on the TPP. That had some pretty good IP protections, didn't it? One thing this administration has managed to follow through on was renege on the TPP.

0 Not allowed!

I get all of that (and I even agree with some of it), but neither a trade war nor tariffs are going to combat the problems you speak of.

I go to the grocery store all the time, and I give them way more money than they give me. Does this mean I'm getting a bad deal? Am I "losing" to the grocery store? Of course not.

I don't give a shit about the trade deficit with any country, I just want to send less money to China in particular. I don't want to help their economy or give them technology since they are acting like an enemy. Like I said, I don't think Trump understands why this trade war is (IMO) good, I am just glad he's doing it fro my own reasons. I could be way off on China's intentions, but I don't think I am. We should not be helping to make China stronger right now.

0 Not allowed!