Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 289 of 292 FirstFirst ... 209249269279280281282283284285286287288289290291292 LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 7285

Trump

Re: Trump

Very quiet over at Fake News lately. Must be nothing to report.

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Yeah, nothing to see here with all the depositions and lining up live testimony for next week.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Yeah, nothing to see here with all the depositions and lining up live testimony for next week.
    Who is this whistleblower?

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Doesn’t matter. Nobody has proved him/her wrong.

2 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Next week will be a total bore compared to what is coming.....

1 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Fox will probably squash the Epstein story since it 100 percent will lead to trump. It’s already off their front page. It’s funny that people in cult 45 think normal people want to protect whoever is tied in with the pedo ring. We don’t. Take them all down. Left right center.

8 Not allowed!

Has anyone been listening to/ watching the hearings? I can’t believe people still defend this man.

3 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Has anyone been listening to/ watching the hearings? I can’t believe people still defend this man.
    You should tune into Hannity tonight then. I couldn’t stomach more than about 40 seconds, but they’re beating the drum.

1 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    Fox will probably squash the Epstein story since it 100 percent will lead to trump. It’s already off their front page. It’s funny that people in cult 45 think normal people want to protect whoever is tied in with the pedo ring. We don’t. Take them all down. Left right center.
    Cult 45? therockclapping.gif

2 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Has there been any evidence beyond he said she said? The guy is guilty but with the hoopla going about, they should have smoking gun, a body, and gunshot residue on a hand. But instead it seems like they have someone's brother in law stating he saw someone similar to the suspect's second cousin purchasing a weapon two states over. I like to think the American public is going to benefit from this proceeding but it would seem the ones benefiting right now are those wanting to keep the Epstein episode and Biden's kid from the front page. "Shiny thing over here, looky looky....."

1 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

WH/JD/SD all stonewalled the request for information/documents/witnesses.

That alone is obstruction of justice.

Dude with the bowtie yesterday should be our president. Fucker is smart.

2 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Plus, he wears a 3pc suit and a bow tie...and more importantly...fucking pulls it off.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Posting Freak

Nothing is going to change, regardless of what happens in these hearings. It's not like the administration denies holding up the aid. The house will kick it to the Senate, where it will die. The Republicans will say this doesn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense. The whole thing will fizzle, like the Mueller report, due to partisan rancor.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Has there been any evidence beyond he said she said? The guy is guilty but with the hoopla going about, they should have smoking gun, a body, and gunshot residue on a hand. But instead it seems like they have someone's brother in law stating he saw someone similar to the suspect's second cousin purchasing a weapon two states over. I like to think the American public is going to benefit from this proceeding but it would seem the ones benefiting right now are those wanting to keep the Epstein episode and Biden's kid from the front page. "Shiny thing over here, looky looky....."
    Next week we'll hear from Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman who was on the call. He raised a red flag when he noticed the "WoRd FoR WOrd TraNscripT" of the call specifically cut out some key words, like Biden and the company bidens son worked for. Looking forward to that testimony since trump keeps saying the call was perfect, whatever the fuck that means. Not saying it's not shady he was on the companies board, but extorting allies for political dirt, using your crazy personal attorney to run back channel shit, is all sorts of fucked up.

Not my investigation, so we'll see what other evidence there is.

Republican Defense: We can't investigate a crime until we know who called the police!
    Also, Biden's son may have broken the law, so extortion was OK.
    or, the funds were eventually released (after WH found out about whistle blower) so there's no crime. Extorting, then backing off when caught isn't illegal...

Weak defense, but Trumpers gonna trump.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by jimmycapp; 11-14-19 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Fuck Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
    Nothing is going to change, regardless of what happens in these hearings. It's not like the administration denies holding up the aid. The house will kick it to the Senate, where it will die. The Republicans will say this doesn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense. The whole thing will fizzle, like the Mueller report, due to partisan rancor.
    Well, the house votes to impeach, which they will and should, and he'll be an impeached president, like Clinton. Senate votes for removal from office, which they won't, but should. I just can't wait for whenever he's out of office and spends the rest of his shallow miserable life in court.

1 Not allowed!

It sucks, but how can you not go forward with impeachment even with this shitty evidence? It just sets the precedent that this type of behavior is okay. Its tough, but its a losing battle that has to be fought.

1 Not allowed!
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    Next week we'll hear from Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman who was on the call. He raised a red flag when he noticed the "WoRd FoR WOrd TraNscripT" of the call specifically cut out some key words, like Biden and the company bidens son worked for. Looking forward to that testimony since trump keeps saying the call was perfect, whatever the fuck that means. Not saying it's not shady he was on the companies board, but extorting allies for political dirt, using your crazy personal attorney to run back channel shit, is all sorts of fucked up.

Not my investigation, so we'll see what other evidence there is.

Republican Defense: We can't investigate a crime until we know who called the police!
    Also, Biden's son may have broken the law, so extortion was OK.
    or, the funds were eventually released (after WH found out about whistle blower) so there's no crime. Extorting, then backing off when caught isn't illegal...

Weak defense, but Trumpers gonna trump.
    I honestly think Trump is to stupid to realize what he did was wrong, which is why he keeps saying it was a beautiful phone call.
    The man talks like an adolescent, which is likely why he can communicate with his followers

1 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    The man talks like an adolescent, which is likely why he can communicate with his followers
    It's not like Trumpers have a lock on idiocracy though. Ben Shapiro was in town yesterday at BU and one of his "protesters" called him a white supremacist.

I get that he has some fucked up views but calling a Jewish dude a white supremacist is laughably out of touch. It's just hurling insults toward someone you don't disagree with but can't articulate anything beyond name calling.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 11-14-19 at 05:16 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    It sucks, but how can you not go forward with impeachment even with this shitty evidence? It just sets the precedent that this type of behavior is okay. Its tough, but its a losing battle that has to be fought.
    I get it, but when you do lose, you enable him that much more. And I totally feel that is what the Democrats are doing not to mention destroying their cred with moderates. About all the moderates I've talked to do not want to hear anymore about this, it's become a joke. They'd rather see (and I along with them) the .gov actually do something that is meaningful. Not chase each others' tails in the playground. But I guess that is modern politics, and it's all we've gotten for the past three+ years.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    It's not like Trumpers have a lock on idiocracy though. Ben Shapiro was in town yesterday at BU and one of his "protesters" called him a white supremacist.

I get that he has some fucked up views but calling a Jewish dude a white supremacist is laughably out of touch. It's just hurling insults toward someone you don't disagree with but can't articulate anything beyond name calling.
    While true, I don't really see how this changes anything. He said he speaks like an adolescent, and that resonates with his followers. Which are presumably a large amount of immature/ignorant people. He didn't say that all adolescent-like people are supporters of Trump, he said Trump has adolescent-like supporters.

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

I get it, but when you do lose, you enable him that much more. And I totally feel that is what the Democrats are doing not to mention destroying their cred with moderates. About all the moderates I've talked to do not want to hear anymore about this, it's become a joke. They'd rather see (and I along with them) the .gov actually do something that is meaningful. Not chase each others' tails in the playground. But I guess that is modern politics, and it's all we've gotten for the past three+ years.
    If they didn't go forward with impeachment you risk your current base and also do something morally wrong. If anything, the impeachment introduces a higher level of morals into politics than if nothing was done. Its a tough spot to be in, but I think this was a difficult choice but the right one. If the Dem's put forth the message that the impeachment is about doing the right thing and not about a witch hunt, it could go a long way. Even if there was a mountain of bullet proof evidence, he isn't going to get the boot. The process is kind of a sham - this shouldn't be messaged by either party but its just a truth.

How about either party putting forth a moderate candidate without a treasure chest full of skeletons? That could help end this current trend of bull shit. A couple terms of that then move onto your more radical candidates.

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 11-14-19 at 05:50 PM.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

I think we would all be surprised about how many "moderates" voted for and want to keep Trump in office but are just not vocal about it. Its just not a popular public opinion to support him. However, he created a huge amount of short term gain for so many people by lowering personal taxes (more dollars from your income) and lowering corporate taxes (stock market boom). I'm sure there are plenty of people that openly trash him but secretly vote for him.

I like to think that everyone in my office hates the guy, but I still watch my words cause I know there are some heavy hitters here that keep massive dollars in their pockets the longer he is in office.

0 Not allowed!
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    While true, I don't really see how this changes anything. He said he speaks like an adolescent, and that resonates with his followers. Which are presumably a large amount of immature/ignorant people. He didn't say that all adolescent-like people are supporters of Trump, he said Trump has adolescent-like supporters.
    It doesn't change anything, nor was I trying to refute the point. I'm just pointing out that it's not only applicable to Trump supporters. There's plenty of immature/ignorant people out there on both sides of the aisle.

A lot progressives hold this holier then thou view and consider themselves educated while Trumpers are just stupid rednecks. That's hardly the case.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 11-14-19 at 06:02 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R