Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    are you admitting you were influenced ?

I call a big BULLSHIT, I say ZERO people voted based on social media trolling any different than they were going to vote anyhow, the most that trolling did was get people to the polls, what's wrong with that
    I don't need to be influenced to see influence. Not sure why that's hard to understand. This isn't a guess, it's anecdotal bit still something I saw. I can link you to people's FB pages if you'd like.

He's not being impeached because his methods are unpopular. His methods were illegal.

4 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Dic on

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    White! Racist? Dudes! Sexist? 50's and 60'! Bigoted? Let's see what our patriot friends have to say.

PS I know you are not any of those bad things. Politics is just a spectator sport at the end of the day.
    Douche chills. Not the video, the fact that you posted it.

1 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

I challenge anyone to find one person who voted for Trump due to Russian meddling

Bring that person, or people forward, let them tell us why they were influenced, rather than the speculation of Hillary's minions

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

I challenge anyone to find one person who voted for Trump due to Russian meddling

Bring that person, or people forward, let them tell us why they were influenced, rather than the speculation of Hillary's minions
    That's not how influence works. The posts and memes on FB create a certain atmosphere. One that emboldened racists and sexists to speak out despite any critical response from the online community. They now felt supported by at least the memes and their defenders. Flooding social media with these ideas most likely validated many people's attitudes. Now if you ask them, they always felt that way, but the truth is they didn't have the nuts to be openly racist before. Voting on the issue became that much easier for the weaker, less resolved. But they are certainly not going to ever admit that they were influenced.

1 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

I challenge you to bring one person who bought an item due directly to advertising.

Bring that person, or people forward and tell them know why there influenced to buy the item by the advertising directly, rather than advertising having an effect on public opinion and comfort in their decision.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    I challenge you to bring one person who bought an item due directly to advertising.

Bring that person, or people forward and tell them know why there influenced to buy the item by the advertising directly, rather than advertising having an effect on public opinion and comfort in their decision.
    Trump-enhanced-buzz-29535-1338382813-9-aTrump-0e8a1f8594c362e8f01ca5911fe99602-jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by backinthesaddle; 01-24-20 at 03:32 PM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post

I can't help with the 2nd sentence, but I've certainly purchased items directly due to advertising. No doubt. No question.

2 Not allowed!

I'll admit to these things.

I listen to NPR daily. The longer I have been doing this, the more liberal I have become. Not that I wasn't liberal before, but the feeling is stronger now. This isn't great. Sometimes I find myself nodding along to a news piece and then 30 minutes later have a big "WTF did I just listen to" moment. Usually its interviews with republicans in which they ask one sided questions and then cut them off after 2 minutes due to time constraints. It happens all the time. Its easy to jump on the bandwagon with the interviewer because I agree with his opinion.

Anyway, up until recently, it was only "acceptable" to invoke this kind of influence from a more moderate standpoint. Now the far left and far right both feel like they have a place to voice their opinion. I would say a lot of blame is on the social media algorithms that just put you into the circle jerk of opinion with all your peers.

Facebook actually has their algorithm all wrong on me. On Facebook, I mostly interact with my high school friends - which tend to be conservative (or at least the ones that post political views). I have one friend that is strongly libertarian and I find the stuff he posts as incredibly interesting and I click on them (just like I am always intrigued by what PhilB has to say). I also have a LOT of friends that like guns. Also...the LRRS facebook page is hysterical. All these factors mean that I get a Facebook that is incredibly pro Trump. The commenting circle jerks I lay witness too are amazing and have only gotten stronger with recent foreign and domestic intervention. Thankfully, I know where I stand and it does not influence me (it actually has the opposite effect). But If I was younger, less sure of my beliefs, or ever elderly - it absolutely could sway my opinion and introduce me to a whole crowd of alt right (or alt left) folks I never knew existed. If I was unfortunate enough to be constantly picked on, bullied, not have friends and generally downtrodden on life and all of a sudden one of these groups was offering social acceptance...well, yeah, guess I'm a white supremacist or part of ANTIFA now.

I also buy things that instagram markets to me all the time. Whatever algorithm they found works on me.

4 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Do you participate in any political banter on Facebook at all?

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    That's not how influence works. The posts and memes on FB create a certain atmosphere. One that emboldened racists and sexists to speak out despite any critical response from the online community. They now felt supported by at least the memes and their defenders. Flooding social media with these ideas most likely validated many people's attitudes. Now if you ask them, they always felt that way, but the truth is they didn't have the nuts to be openly racist before. Voting on the issue became that much easier for the weaker, less resolved. But they are certainly not going to ever admit that they were influenced.
    so you're saying that getting people to vote their true feelings is a bad thing

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    I can't help with the 2nd sentence, but I've certainly purchased items directly due to advertising. No doubt. No question.
    When the new ZX6R came out in 2013 I will say the Kawi video ad at the Isle of Man did increase my interest in the bike, which I already had when I saw the bike in person. However I have never bought anything because a celebrity endorsed it like Dan Marino for gloves, or Larry the Cable guy for Prilosec, etc.

1 Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Do you participate in any political banter on Facebook at all?
    not really, occasionally I poke fun

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    When the new ZX6R came out in 2013 I will say the Kawi video ad at the Isle of Man did increase my interest in the bike, which I already had when I saw the bike in person. However I have never bought anything because a celebrity endorsed it like Dan Marino for gloves, or Larry the Cable guy for Prilosec, etc.
    you telling me you never had a George Foreman grill, or Paul Neuman salsa

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

you telling me you never had a George Foreman grill, or Paul Neuman salsa
    Honestly I have not. No Chuck Norris exercise equipment or Suzanne Somers knee thing. LOL. However I do have a pair of John Tomac grips on my old Diamond Back MTB.

0 Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    Good. I'm glad. You're only supporting my point.

1 Not allowed!

...or Suzanne Somers knee thing...
    That thing is no joke. I can kegel like 85 pounds now.

3 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    That thing is no joke. I can kegel like 85 pounds now.
    What are you doing tomorrow night?

2 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Kegels, obviously

2 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

Honestly I have not. No Chuck Norris exercise equipment or Suzanne Somers knee thing. LOL. However I do have a pair of John Tomac grips on my old Diamond Back MTB.
    I got face ink once I saw Tython

0 Not allowed!

so you're saying that getting people to vote their true feelings is a bad thing
    When it's mob mentality, yes.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Dic on

Randy, I can't even find anyone who admits voting for Trump. Youre on some serious drugs if you don't think the russians had any influence in 2016. Serious drugs.

0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Randy, I can't even find anyone who admits voting for Trump. Youre on some serious drugs if you don't think the russians had any influence in 2016. Serious drugs.
    while I know people who voted for Clinton or Stein, the majority of people I have daily contact with, voted for either Trump or Johnson

I think Canadians and Mexicans had more influence than Russians

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

I voted for Trump. No Russian influence. Know many who did also and some who hate him.

0 Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Get out of your echo chamber, they aren't hard to find. Hell most you don't have to ask, they'll tell you first.

1 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX