Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 313 of 316 FirstFirst ... 233273293303304305306307308309310311312313314315316 LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 7894

Trump

  1. #7801
    Lifer FirstDuc-1098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Mass
    Posts
    2,601

    Re: Trump


    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm telling people how it is. I guarantee you personally are not winning anything. I'm winning. You obviously haven't seen my fridge.
    finally this political crap thread takes a turn for the better, what are we having for dinner, I'm on my way over now

    1 Not allowed!
    Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

  2. #7802
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstDuc-1098 View Post
    finally this political crap thread takes a turn for the better, what are we having for dinner, I'm on my way over now
    If you come over for dinner tonight, your'e paying for my divorce.

    But it is about time we got together to talk Ducatis and drink whiskey while we shake our old fists at clouds and complain about the youth of today.

    2 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  3. #7803
    Lifer PhilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pittsfield, NH
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,009

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    The European country with the lowest standard of living index I could find is Bosnia, with an index of 122 based on overall quality of life (climate, healthcare, employment etc). The US sits at 176 in 13th place worldwide. Of the 12 countries above them, 9 are in Europe and the others are Canada, Australia and NZ.

    I could find no such index for refrigerator quality.
    Because a rating system that includes climate, and adds points for socialism, is right. <rolleyes>
    If they *say* it's a "standard of living index", but it is "based on overall quality of life (climate, healthcare, employment etc)", that's ridiculously subjective, and includes an awful lot of things that are *not* about standard of living or economics at all.

    *I* said "standard of living". Sheesh.

    PhilB

    1 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

  4. #7804
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,964

    Re: Trump

    Climate doesn't matter. Until is does.

    PhilB: he's like the Bernie of libertarians. "it's just my way or nothing"

    Good luck with that. You sure are winning lots of hearts and minds here.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  5. #7805
    Posting Freak joeswamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Swampscott, MA
    Posts
    990

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Because a rating system that includes climate, and adds points for socialism, is right. <rolleyes>
    There is very little socialism in the middle of Antarctica -- no roads, schools, or any of that bad stuff. If climate has no effect on standard of living, this place must be a paradise.

    0 Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

  6. #7806
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Because a rating system that includes climate, and adds points for socialism, is right. <rolleyes>
    If they *say* it's a "standard of living index", but it is "based on overall quality of life (climate, healthcare, employment etc)", that's ridiculously subjective, and includes an awful lot of things that are *not* about standard of living or economics at all.

    *I* said "standard of living". Sheesh.

    PhilB
    Sooooo, youre saying "fake news"?


    House size, car type and refrigerator model are not subjective?

    You tell me what, exactly, is better about the US "standard of living" (give examples) and I'll shoot it down in......I mean, answer subjectively.

    0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  7. #7807
    Fast is contagious JettaJayGLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,047

    Re: Trump

    Can someone link to the rating system? If the system gives European countries, US (really, everywhere with a decent amount of day light in all 4 seasons) a similar score for climate then it seems reasonable. If its a big delineator and heavily weighted, I see Phil's point. I think climate is a really good tool to rank smog infested countries and those close to the ice caps.

    0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

  8. #7808
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Trump

    https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-li...by_country.jsp

    Theres a link to all the indeces above the chart.

    0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  9. #7809
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Trump

    It's pretty clear that if you like owning stuff, the USA is pretty high up. Accumulation of goods is a typically american value. This heavily influences income/benefits ratios in the USA where 2 weeks vacation a year is accepted by many as norm. In Europe 7 or 8 weeks PTO a year is not unusual. Europeans spend a vast amount more of their income on travel and experiences than their US counterparts.

    2 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  10. #7810
    Lifer backinthesaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Valley of Hope, Rhode Island
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,537

    Re: Trump

    Trump-788f96c1-0ac8-4513-a1b6-3bfbe0c853d2Trump-6d4b7312-917f-469d-bfad-648b5046912b

    Can i get any of my nesr people anything from NYC today?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry for pic layout. Walking down the street.

    0 Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

  11. #7811
    Lifer PhilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pittsfield, NH
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,009

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by joeswamp View Post
    There is very little socialism in the middle of Antarctica -- no roads, schools, or any of that bad stuff. If climate has no effect on standard of living, this place must be a paradise.
    We're talking about comparing economic systems here. Of course climate has an effect on your quality of life. BUT, whether you go with more capitalism vs. more socialism has NO effect on the climate where you live. And therefore the climactic effects on your standard of living are not in any way dependent on your economic system. And therefore, a standard of living index that has any meaning with regard to determining the comparative standard of living of people under different economic systems needs to NOT be influenced by climate, or other non-economic factors. Sheesh.

    I guess it's no wonder y'all can be bamboozled into supporting Bernie.

    PhilB

    0 Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

  12. #7812
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    Trump-788f96c1-0ac8-4513-a1b6-3bfbe0c853d2Trump-6d4b7312-917f-469d-bfad-648b5046912b

    Can i get any of my nesr people anything from NYC today?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry for pic layout. Walking down the street.
    Can you grab me a tax return from any of the last 10 years while you're there, fanboy?

    0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  13. #7813
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,322

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    I'm not really a huge fan of Ayn, overall. I find that altruism and voluntarily helping others does make for a better life. She did have some good insights into economics, and FEE usually makes good sense. I don't cite FEE because of where it came from; I cite it because their articles are rational and make strong economic sense. Disregarding them because of the people involved in founding it is the fallacy known as "ad hominem". or "shooting the messenger".

    PhilB
    Dr. Phil,

    Thank you for the lesson in middle school debate team rhetorical technique.

    Libertarians are like the “gifted” home-schooled kids of the economic world. However, rather than having been indoctrinated in some hyper-literal biblical blather, they have butt-chugged the kool-aid of this circle jerk of high thinkers but low doers. They emerge from that cave espousing their theories with an amusingly childish naïveté about the basis, and rather base, human nature.

    If only, if only if only.

    Listening to them is often like watching an episode of the original Star Trek, a fantasy world of self governing utopia that reveals itself within 30 minutes to be vastly more dysfunctional than our current imperfect and pretty damn dysfunctional world.

    “But that’s not really how it should be, you’re doing it wrong, if only...”

    Libertarians are like a Slinky, not good for much, fun to watch tumble down stairs and hilarious when they get inextricably tangled up in their own coils.

    3 Not allowed!

  14. #7814

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Because a rating system that includes climate, and adds points for socialism, is right. <rolleyes>
    If they *say* it's a "standard of living index", but it is "based on overall quality of life (climate, healthcare, employment etc)", that's ridiculously subjective, and includes an awful lot of things that are *not* about standard of living or economics at all.

    *I* said "standard of living". Sheesh.

    PhilB
    Standard of living is way down in the USA. Democrat run cities and states bring the scores down.

    1 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

  15. #7815
    Posting Freak MUZ720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    827

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Standard of living is way down in the USA. Democrat run cities and states bring the scores down.
    Fuck you! there I said it!

    2 Not allowed!

  16. #7816
    Lifer backinthesaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Valley of Hope, Rhode Island
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,537

    Re: Trump

    ^^ yup Providence RI looks like crap. Wheels fell off fire truck a week ago. No fire chief. Said unable to find right candidate in over a hear. Sanctuary city.

    0 Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

  17. #7817
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,202

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    lol. Yes, because bridges equals standard of living. Not a bigger house, or a better car, or a refrigerator, or any of that irrelevant stuff.

    PhilB
    don't forget the gas grill on the deck and the amount of red meat that americans eat

    0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  18. #7818
    Lifer PhilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pittsfield, NH
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,009

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Dr. Phil,

    Thank you for the lesson in middle school debate team rhetorical technique.

    Libertarians are like the “gifted” home-schooled kids of the economic world. However, rather than having been indoctrinated in some hyper-literal biblical blather, they have butt-chugged the kool-aid of this circle jerk of high thinkers but low doers. They emerge from that cave espousing their theories with an amusingly childish naïveté about the basis, and rather base, human nature.

    If only, if only if only.

    Listening to them is often like watching an episode of the original Star Trek, a fantasy world of self governing utopia that reveals itself within 30 minutes to be vastly more dysfunctional than our current imperfect and pretty damn dysfunctional world.

    “But that’s not really how it should be, you’re doing it wrong, if only...”

    Libertarians are like a Slinky, not good for much, fun to watch tumble down stairs and hilarious when they get inextricably tangled up in their own coils.
    <rolleyes>
    fReEdOm Is DaNgErOuS!

    Not like perfectly safe government, which never violates people's rights, or happens to kill a few millions of people here or there,
    or peacefully under the "nice" president drops 26,000 bombs on poor brown people in 17 countries. Or throws people in cages for
    smoking a plant, or crossing an imaginary line, or 20,000 other things.

    Yeah *we're* the dysfunctional ones. Sheesh.

    PhilB

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by PhilB; 02-15-20 at 12:26 AM.
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

  19. #7819
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,058

    Re: Trump

    Governments don’t kill people. People kill people.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  20. #7820
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    ^^ yup Providence RI looks like crap. Wheels fell off fire truck a week ago. No fire chief. Said unable to find right candidate in over a hear. Sanctuary city.
    It's less intelligent people like you that are the reason we have a less intelligent person running the country. You don't know what a sanctuary city is, yet you feel the need to throw it out there as a reason for a fire truck wheel falling off. I'm sorry you're not very smart, but it's also not my fault that you are. You should work a little harder to understand the facts or just stay out of the conversation.

    2 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  21. #7821

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    It's less intelligent people like you that are the reason we have a less intelligent person running the country. You don't know what a sanctuary city is, yet you feel the need to throw it out there as a reason for a fire truck wheel falling off. I'm sorry you're not very smart, but it's also not my fault that you are. You should work a little harder to understand the facts or just stay out of the conversation.
    Bro you don't understand!

    My stocks arent doing good this week BECAUSE TRUMP HAD TWO DIVORCES and his wife is an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.



    [Something like that, just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks?]


    And while we are at it.

    Holes in the road due to too many taxes and regulation!!!! Less taxes and government will fix them right up! Local departments don't fix roads, tax paying law abiding citizens fix roads!!!

    /s

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Vovchandr; 02-15-20 at 02:31 PM.

  22. #7822
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,322

    Re: Trump

    Apropos of nothing

    If illegal immigrants are flooding the country to steal our jobs, why is the 20 something nose ringed nitwit who cannot get “Large hot coffee, extra skim and a blueberry muffin, please.” right still working at every singly DD I ever stop at?

    1 Not allowed!

  23. #7823
    Lifer gixxer72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    1,743

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Apropos of nothing

    If illegal immigrants are flooding the country to steal our jobs, why is the 20 something nose ringed nitwit who cannot get “Large hot coffee, extra skim and a blueberry muffin, please.” right still working at every singly DD I ever stop at?
    They suck. So do the garden variety 55+ fucking morons I encounter everyday. Being that much closer to death you’d think they might move their ass once in while. Ignorant, rude and entitled.

    0 Not allowed!

  24. #7824
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    They suck. So do the garden variety 55+ fucking morons I encounter everyday. Being that much closer to death you’d think they might move their ass once in while. Ignorant, rude and entitled.
    Phew. That was close!

    0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  25. #7825
    Lifer gixxer72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    1,743

    Re: Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Phew. That was close!
    Ha! 54?

    0 Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •