Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 332 of 332 FirstFirst ... 252292312322323324325326327328329330331332
Results 8,276 to 8,298 of 8298

Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Point is trump doesn't know a God damn thing about what's going on so I'm guessing leaned heavily on "experts" for advice. Blame those fuckers
    #cult45

"You have to keep great people around you," Trump said. "You have to motivate them. You always have to be on top of them. And you have to be smarter than they are. I hear so many times, 'Oh, I want my people to be smarter than I am.' It's a lot of crap. You want to be smarter than your people, if possible."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...theyre-not-sma

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by jimmycapp; Yesterday at 10:10 AM.

Dic on

I've never been in the oval office, but you have to think anyone (not just trump) has a 100 people in his ear, and unless he told them all to pound sand its on them too. And this goes with all presidents not just trump, nobody knows everything and they trust the people around them. Who the hell knows really
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Trump listens to nobody and as soon as anyone on his team of advisers speaks out, he fires them. Anyone who believes that Trump doesn't see himself as a dictator is burying their head in the sand. Trump has a few mental traits that make him very dangerous as a leader in the setup that we currently have. Contrary to popular belief, the President can do an awful lot of harm with very few ways to counteract any possible craziness on his behalf. For example, the only person who can actually stop the President launching nukes is the guy with the finger on the button, who is a few rungs down from El Presidente on the ladder. That's scary in itself, but with someone as fragile as Trump in power, it's doubly worrying.

2 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Now this is the funniest thing I’ve read on NESR.
    That presidents have advisors?

To degs trump is an so egotistical you would think at all cost he would want to look good and have this legacy of greatness bullshit. If anything one would assume he'd do whatever he thought would keep his name in good favor if you will for the books.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by G21forme; Yesterday at 10:14 AM.
    [/IMG][/URL]

It's not funny. It's just awful.

1 Not allowed!

Dic on

That you think he listens to them is what he means, I believe.

1 Not allowed!

OXX

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    It's not funny. It's just awful.
    That perfectly explains this thread.

1 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Point is trump doesn't know a God damn thing about what's going on so I'm guessing leaned heavily on "experts" for advice. Blame those fuckers
    Zero chance of that.

Short list of things he knows better than anybody. He doesn't listen to experts. He listens to his gut only.

Campaign finance: "I think nobody knows more about campaign finance than I do, because I'm the biggest contributor." (1999.)
    TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)
    ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)
    Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)
    Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)
    Lawsuits: "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)
    Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."
    The visa system: "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)
    Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)
    The U.S. government system: "[N]obody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)
    Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)
    Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)
    Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)
    Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)
    Infrastructure: "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)
    Sen. Cory Booker: "I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." (July 2016.)
    Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."
    Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)
    Construction: "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)
    The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)
    Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)
    Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)
    Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)

The rare things he doesn't know, he labels as things "Nobody knows" or "nobody knew"....

Edit: don't forget he knew this was a pandemic before anybody as well

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Vovchandr; Yesterday at 10:13 AM.

You forgot nuclear...

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

3 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wow. That's stretching it. Trump said tests were "very positive' and DEFINITELY made it sound like a wonder cure. He is culpable 100%.
    I was pretty careful with my wording, and you'll see I wasn't really addressing his statements about effectiveness without having strong supporting evidence. I agree that's an issue.

It doesn't change that as far as I've seen, he has never talked about using 'fish cleaner' to cure anything. Did I miss a video clip or quote? He talked about existing human medications being used for a different medical purpose.

Culpable for a couple taking an unknown quantity of a drug, formulated for an entirely different purpose? Nah, they bare some of that. They weren't even sick, so it's not like it was a move out of desperation.

1 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I was pretty careful with my wording, and you'll see I wasn't really addressing his statements about effectiveness without having strong supporting evidence. I agree that's an issue.

It doesn't change that as far as I've seen, he has never talked about using 'fish cleaner' to cure anything. Did I miss a video clip or quote? He talked about existing human medications being used for a different medical purpose.

Culpable for a couple taking an unknown quantity of a drug, formulated for an entirely different purpose? Nah, they bare some of that. They weren't even sick, so it's not like it was a move out of desperation.
    Just to end this where it is. Aldend123 is right. That couple was stupid, nobody in the WH actually recommended using fish chemicals as medicine.

1 Not allowed!

All I'll do to clarify my statement is that I think its funny that you think he listens to his advisers.

4 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

To degs trump is an so egotistical you would think at all cost he would want to look good and have this legacy of greatness bullshit. If anything one would assume he'd do whatever he thought would keep his name in good favor if you will for the books.
    "The books"? just like "THE media"?

There is no "the books" there will be two types of books.

1) Reveals the true brilliant leadership that is Trump that has saved the country in a dire time. Nobody could have done a better job

2) Fake liberal books in schools, fakely indoctrinating children with unfair biased criticism of the dire leader. Also other failing publications and authors doing the same thing. Including books written by his own staff. FAKE BOOKS

In case you haven't noticed it's the same way "THE MEDIA" is split right now.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Vovchandr; Yesterday at 10:40 AM.

Can I buy a comma or 5?

0 Not allowed!

Dic on

That's literally what "culpable" means. If I thought it was all on Trump, I would have said "responsible".

2 Not allowed!

OXX

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    That's literally what "culpable" means. If I thought it was all on Trump, I would have said "responsible".
    I guess I misunderstood your phrasing of 'culpable 100%', in combination with saying I was 'stretching it'.

So we agree Trump shouldn't have said things so confidently the way he did. I think the couple bears the significant majority of responsibility in what happened. We probably disagree on that part. But I'm still unclear on what I said that was 'stretching it'.

1 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

Dic on

I guess I misunderstood your phrasing of 'culpable 100%', in combination with saying I was 'stretching it'.

So we agree Trump shouldn't have said things so confidently the way he did. I think the couple bears the significant majority of responsibility in what happened. We probably disagree on that part. But I'm still unclear on what I said that was 'stretching it'.
    Oh no doubt, it was a stupid thing to do, agreed. Welcome to the lowest common denominator of any country. That's why we have to write "do not eat" on desiccant. Trump knows (or should know) that his speeches have consequences.

He simply cannot say "We are working closely with CDC and WHO on all avenues of treatment". He ALWAYS has to make a 10 word phrase into a monologue of his greatness and he LOVES to give good news, even if it's blatantly false. He needs to stick to the script and say what he is told to say, like all the other presidents.

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Degsy; Yesterday at 11:16 AM.

OXX

So Trump recommends that the states continue with what they are doing for the month of April. ( I think this group doesn't even know that). With this group surely it is wrong. So is it too long or not long enough?

0 Not allowed!

She told me it was long enough. Oh wait your asking what?? ! Trump only had to be beating over the head with the statistic's for a week to finely have it sink in! and yeah we got the memo!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    So Trump recommends that the states continue with what they are doing for the month of April. ( I think this group doesn't even know that). With this group surely it is wrong. So is it too long or not long enough?
    I think its a very responsible statement to extend the deadline until the end of April.

We won't know if its long enough, we will need to reassess each and every day as things progress.

This is what my work sends out every so often as an update: "In our earlier communications, we stated the intent to reevaluate our Interim Work Policy at the end of March to determine if we should extend the restrictions in place for our labs and individuals working from home. The SLT has determined there are no indications that changing our Interim Work Policy is advisable at this time. We will continue working from home and/or in our labs with tight restrictions and reevaluate by May 1st."

It is simple, 100% accurate, and very clear. I have not listened to Trump's press conference in which he extended the deadline (I do know the highlights). If he did not allude to the fact this is a constantly moving target and that we will reassess it constantly, then I think its a very irresponsible statement to make.

1 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

0 Not allowed!
    To anger a conservative tell him a lie. To anger a leftist tell him the truth.

Hypertarded

It's not too long or too short...

IT'S TOO FUCKING LATE...

But it understandable, he's been involved with more important issues:
    Like TV ratings
    Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Because the “Ratings” of my News Conferences etc. are so high, “Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers” according to the @nytimes, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY. “Trump is reaching too many people, we must stop him.” said one lunatic. See you at 5:00 P.M.!
    1:06 PM - Mar 29, 2020
    ==================================
    Calculating an acceptable # of deaths
    Trump said while 100,000 is "a horrible number," if the U.S. can keep its death toll to "100,000, so we have between 100,000 and 200,000, we altogether have done a very good job."
    ==================================
    And most bizarrely praising a crack head for selling pillows
    But only one of the executives got a particularly glowing introduction from the president.
    “A friend of mine, Mike Lindell of MyPillow, boy, do you sell those pillows,” Trump said of Lindell, who sat in the front row of chairs set up in the White House Rose Garden. “It’s unbelievable what you do.”

0 Not allowed!

Lindell, who has donated big dollars to the cause to defeat this virus, has a cotton face mask producing company and he announced plans to increase production from 10,000 masks per day to 50,000 per day. And he lead off the day with a prayer. Of course this was mocked by CNN and MSDNC and Occupy Democrats.

0 Not allowed!
    To anger a conservative tell him a lie. To anger a leftist tell him the truth.

It’s hard to see how silly cult worship is, when you are the cult.

Trump-17704fca-bb72-419a-bcde-29397976781c

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by jimmycapp; Today at 06:01 AM.