Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 268 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415254585 ... LastLast

Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    In the meantime, ....... https://youtu.be/WGHLN5tIZGk

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    In the meantime, ....... https://youtu.be/WGHLN5tIZGk
    In the meantime............. In the Meantime

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

2 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

In regards to executive orders...It's not about the amount. I read an article a while back (which I looked for and cannot find) which discussed the executive orders of the last three presidents. The problem with Obama is that he seems to be using them to rule the country as opposed to bypassing processes in small scale situations.

In regards to healthcare...I agree that there needs to be some regulation in the healthcare industry but it's a slippery slope. The fact is standardized healthcare comes at a huge cost in the quality of care. While access to care (cost and requirements to get it) has been an issue in America, quality has always been top notch. Of course there are many who will argue otherwise but it's usually a short sighted approach to justify standardized care.

Sure people make statements like "I'm willing to suffer a change in quality to increase access" but I'm not sure people understand what that really means. It's a much bigger compromise than most realize.

1 Not allowed!

I hope those that support the ACA and feel that healthcare is a right for simply being here are ponying up extra income above and beyond your regular taxes.
    You know fund your beliefs and back it up with more than just your lofty ideals with other peoples money. Of course this applies to any other Government funded free handout you may support. Just sayin.

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco61 View Post
    I hope those that support the ACA and feel that healthcare is a right for simply being here are ponying up extra income above and beyond your regular taxes.
    You know fund your beliefs and back it up with more than just your lofty ideals with other peoples money. Of course this applies to any other Government funded free handout you may support. Just sayin.
    I'm 100% on board with that once we stop making religious organizations tax exempt. Fund your own beliefs, right?

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

I'm 100% on board with that once we stop making religious organizations tax exempt. Fund your own beliefs, right?
    Yep I'm on board with that no problem. Never happen in either case.

0 Not allowed!

Actually the laws that made the ACA dictated exactly how it was to be paid for.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Actually the laws that made the ACA dictated exactly how they dreamed it would be paid for.
    Fixed.

You mean how the modeled it after Romneycare

State faces budget squeeze, officials warn - The Boston Globe

Health care spending, particularly on the state’s Medicaid program, which serves the poor and disabled, is expected to increase at a pace far exceeding inflation.

“MassHealth is obviously one of the biggest challenges that we continue to face and that continues to be a major pressure point for us,” Dempsey said.
    Come one, come all, we're a sanctuary state, healthcare for everyone! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck. How do we pay for that again? We keep robbing Peter to pay Paul by constantly using the rainy day fund and it will catch up and cause bigger for us soon.

I've seen my costs go up and my coverage down over the past few years. Those that I know on Mass Health wait forever for appointments and then no one wants to really cover anything. Quick patch type fix and some drugs and send them back to the street. Fix the underlying problem? No way.

I also know people who been bounced of the healthcare exchange due to a clerical error and then told they can't reapply until the next open period. Yeah, the ACA is working out great

We do need to overhaul our healthcare system, but the ACA is a joke and a true single payer system isn't as rosy as people think.

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    But the GOP's stated goal to dismantle without offering a single idea
    Quoting Iglu on this one "and uneducated intentionally misleading statements presented as facts aside" cause I couldn't say it better myself.

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    No different with private health insurance.
    If that's what you want, yes, but if you prod them they're very willing to look into things further with you.

One of co-workers almost died from meningitis because the doctors didn't want to spend the time to really diagnose her because MA Health wouldn't reimburse for shit. They just move on to more well insured folks after doing the minimum.

Her doctors also seem to have a habit of calling and cancelling appointments for her and her kids at the last minute. Care to guess if that's because they can use the time to see more "lucrative" patients instead. There's always the ER if there's a big problem afterall.....

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 12-28-15 at 02:10 PM.

There's a train of thought by some people. Rubio comes to mind as the guy that mentioned it again most recently a <GOP GUY> That allowing insurance companies to sell policies across states or across the entire country ideally. Would lower costs for everyone.
    All you have to do is google the GOP alternative health care plan and you will find it.
    Republican Health Care Plan - Business Insider
    That's just a one minute search.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rosco61; 12-28-15 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    If that's what you want, yes, but if you prod them they're very willing to look into things further with you.

One of co-workers almost died from meningitis because the doctors didn't want to spend the time to really diagnose her because MA Health wouldn't reimburse for shit. They just move on to more well insured folks after doing the minimum.

Her doctors also seem to have a habit of calling and cancelling appointments for her and her kids at the last minute. Care to guess if that's because they can use the time to see more "lucrative" patients instead. There's always the ER if there's a big problem afterall.....
    And standardizing what "insurance" actually is and covers was the first step in the ACA. The point is to get everyone covered under similar plans.

I can't count how many times I've heard people bitch about their premiums going up, only to find out they were in skeleton health insurance plans previously. Yeah, no shit it will go up, you are actually paying for something now vs a shell of a plan that would you live you financially screwed in case of catastrophic injury.

What you are complaining about is bad doctors. That's going to happen no matter what insurance policy the country has.

I don't like the ACA, but it is the only proposed solution that may work long term. No, it isn't a 1 year fix all. Complaining about your premiums going up after the ACA is like some idiot looking outside tomorrow and saying "SEE GUYS, THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING AFTER ALL, IT SNOWED TODAY".

My premiums went up by the same, more, or less before the ACA passed.

You want to fix the problem with heathcare costs? Make health and insurance companies be prohibited from lobbying.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Tort reform too

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Quoting Iglu on this one "and uneducated intentionally misleading statements presented as facts aside" cause I couldn't say it better myself.
    Let's see some examples. Not just links. YOU can tell us what realistic reforms and hard policies would fix it that the GOP has presented.

- - - Updated - - -

Tort reform too
    Actually that is so small of an issue that it's almost not worth bothering with until we deal with the major outliers. I used to think it was a main driver until I did some research. It's more of a battle cry than anything else.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

You want to fix the problem with heathcare? Make Congress have the same plan as us.
    Repaired

0 Not allowed!

Repaired
    You make the false assumption that most people in Congress are not independently wealthy and could handle care for most maladies without having to sell more than 2 or 3 of their homes.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

there was no increase in the allowable contribution to an HSA this year.....yet my total out of pocket on my health plan went up $250

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

And standardizing what "insurance" actually is and covers was the first step in the ACA. The point is to get everyone covered under similar plans.

I can't count how many times I've heard people bitch about their premiums going up, only to find out they were in skeleton health insurance plans previously. Yeah, no shit it will go up, you are actually paying for something now vs a shell of a plan that would you live you financially screwed in case of catastrophic injury.

What you are complaining about is bad doctors. That's going to happen no matter what insurance policy the country has.

I don't like the ACA, but it is the only proposed solution that may work long term. No, it isn't a 1 year fix all. Complaining about your premiums going up after the ACA is like some idiot looking outside tomorrow and saying "SEE GUYS, THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING AFTER ALL, IT SNOWED TODAY".

My premiums went up by the same, more, or less before the ACA passed.

You want to fix the problem with heathcare costs? Make health and insurance companies be prohibited from lobbying.
    Yeah, get everyone covered with a shitty plan.

Your example is hardly the case with me in any case. Before the ACA my premiums went up and my coverage stayed the same. Now my premiums go up and my coverage goes down.

A few years ago I had $5 copays on prescriptions and a max deductible of $1000 if it was an inpatient hospital stay. If I got sick I could go to a minute clinic, pay my office visit copay and move on.

Now my prescription co-pays are $20-40 and if I get sick, or visit a doctor for anything other than an annual physical, I'm responsible for the first $2000 before insurance kicks in. Progress my ass. I'm paying more and getting less. Hell, I probably should just drop everything and pay the penalty instead at this point.

That's me as a single guy. The folks on family plans must be paying through the nose now. Yay utopia.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 12-28-15 at 02:51 PM.

Let's see some examples. Not just links. YOU can tell us what realistic reforms and hard policies would fix it that the GOP has presented.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that is so small of an issue that it's almost not worth bothering with until we deal with the major outliers. I used to think it was a main driver until I did some research. It's more of a battle cry than anything else.
    ya, Trump's tax plan, gets rid of the big deductions that rich people use to avoid taxes, Should the Clintons and Gates be able to hide their incomes in non profit foundations that they control ?

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

You make the false assumption that most people in Congress are not independently wealthy and could handle care for most maladies without having to sell more than 2 or 3 of their homes.
    Yet we still pay for a pretty sweet plan for them

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Yeah, get everyone covered with a shitty plan.

Your example is hardly the case with me in any case. Before the ACA my premiums went up and my coverage stayed the same. Now my premiums go up and my coverage goes down.

A few years ago I had $5 copays on prescriptions and a max deductible of $1000 if it was an inpatient hospital stay. If I got sick I could go to a minute clinic, pay my office visit copay and move on.

Now my prescription co-pays are $20-40 and if I get sick, or visit a doctor for anything other than an annual physical, I'm responsible for the first $2000 before insurance kicks in. Progress my ass. I'm paying more and getting less. Hell, I probably should just drop everything and pay the penalty instead at this point.

That's me as a single guy. The folks on family plans must be paying through the nose now. Yay utopia.
    Great.

So you pay your own or does your company?

My insurance plan got more coverage.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    there was no increase in the allowable contribution to an HSA this year.....yet my total out of pocket on my health plan went up $250
    How much did you cost the system?

You talk on one side about increasing tax credits and deductions for some, but eliminating them for the rich.

Really sounds like a republican idea.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Great.

So you pay your own or does your company?

My insurance plan got more coverage.
    I'm on a company sponsored plan, maybe for the final year.

0 Not allowed!

Great

0 Not allowed!