Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Vick a Patriot?

In hibernation

Re: Vick a Patriot?

Quote Originally Posted by CQ7String View Post
    Because dogs are infinitely more compassionate, forgiving, loving and full of trust than human beings.

0 Not allowed!

I agree. But would you stand by your belief if it came down to a loved one vs an animal? I think people are just so easily detached to what happens to people they don't know, yet so caring and giving to animals. Don't get me wrong, I love that people are that compassionate towards animals, but for every inhumane action against a human being, many loved ones are also affected.

And yes, I would like to see Vick in a Patriots uniform. Like stated above, not including the QB position, there is a lot he can contribute.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Everyone already hates us, why not.
    Just win baby!
    Hey, that slogan is property of the Raiders assbite!

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by scorp7 View Post
    There are athletes that have done much worst and were able to move on with their careers... after not doing half the time Vick did. ie. wife beating, gun charges, assualt, drug dealing, alleged involvement in murder/manslaughter, deadbeat dads, etc. So why is everyone so harsh on Vick? I don't care for him either, but to put animal cruelty above humanity... well
    Personally I dont think gun charges are worse than the systematic torture of animals, but I get your general point. As much as I dislike Vick, and I felt that way before he was arrested, he has paid his debt to society and should be allowed to go back to work. Doesnt mean people need to like or forgive him though.

As for him on the Patriots, I dont think it will happen. He certainly wouldnt be a backup QB because he couldnt run their style offense if Brady goes down again. And I dont even like him as a Wildcat QB. We have one of the best QB's in history, why take the ball out of his hands? Besides, this teams issues will be on defense.....

0 Not allowed!

I am an avid animal person (two cats, and a dog) and I wouldn't mind seeing him play. That said, he won't fit well with the Pats offense, Tom is our guy and our offense if built around him. I think Vick should hit a team that's struggling, and help them improve, that would be his best bet.

0 Not allowed!

if he comes back into the league he will not be a quarterback he would be a wide out or some kind of half back.

anyone who says they'd stop being a fan is full of shit. your still going to watch and your still going to root. i'm a dog lover and i own a pitbull and i will still be cheering on the pats.

he wasn't the guy doing the bad things he was just funding it. thats why his sentence was so short compared to the 15+ years his cousins got.

i'm not excusing what he did or his involvement but the guy did his time.

0 Not allowed!
    the most important choice in life is if you want to be a tigger or a eeyore

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Vick is an evil dood, no question. He did his time, but his regrets aren't for the Dawgs, his regrets are for getting caught. Period. Plus, he can't run a ball control offense or read defenses for shit. He's this generation's Randoll Cunningham. He runs around, got the big arm, but I get the feeling his understanding of pro sets is infantile at best, as others said about Cunningham. All any defense had to do to Cunningham, especially better defenses, when you get to the first round, is key on him, devote one LB to scout the bastard and chase him down, and next thing ya know, he's fumblin and throwin' INTs out the wazoo. And so it's been with Vick, and so it shall always be. Plus, he ain't as speedy as he once was either..

No way will N.E. touch this mutt (although he hasn't the status of "mutt" in my book). One thing I always admired about N.E. is, in this generation, they demanded quality first, price second, and above all, no trouble. Moss makes the point rather ably. The kid was trouble every day of his career til he got to N.E. Vick is trouble from a thousand directions for any team that takes him, and the NFL in general just for letting him back in.

0 Not allowed!

Well, like it or not Michael Vick was "conditionally reinstated" by Goodell today. He can participate in team workouts and practices, and the last two pre-season games, but won't be able to play in a real game until mid-October at the earliest.

And as it pertains to my original post, once again, Peter King mentioned today in his MMQB column how Vick could come to the Pats as a "Wildcat Backup," where "Bill Belichick would give him the kind of structured existence on and off the field that would be best for him."

I'll reserve personal judgement until I can see what kind of physical playing condition he is in.

0 Not allowed!

this is interesting!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    crouching tiger, hidden mondos

0 Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

there was never a chance that he signed here

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12