Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

07KTM XC-W

07KTM XC-W

2 ?s.
    1. How loud is this bike and how can I make it quieter w/o buying a new pipe?
    Anyone try Pro Moto Billet or DB Dawgs new end caps?
    2. I wieght 235, I had Peter get me hd springs for my WR. Do you think i will get by with the stock suspention on this bike. I am broke. Any input would be swell.
    Thanks in advance,
    OT

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It pays to play.

Ride fast,
    You will get farther before it is over!

07KTM XC-W

250? Nice.

1. OE pipe should pass the current sound check regs.

2. 235 lb. is pushing it -- you'll have already blown through the mid-stroke before it gets a chance to work, so it'll be a little spikey on really rough surfaces, spongey feeling on smooth. You'll likely need/want springs after it settles in. But you knew that.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

07KTM XC-W

I have a Pro Moto Billet end cap on my 520Sx. I added it b/c the stock pipe didn't come with a spark arrestor... the cap makes it real easy to pull and clean or remove for track use without removing the whole cap. The cap didn't come with mounting holes, though... but they're easy enough to add... I tapped threads in mine to make complete removal and repacking easy.
    wouldn't expect it to make the bike quieter... at least not the model I have... maybe they make new models intended to quiet a bike??

07KTM XC-W

I think it would help if I added it was an 07 450 XC-W.
    Thanks for any advise on this bike.
    I am dual sporting it and riding some HS and enduros.
    OT

It pays to play.

Ride fast,
    You will get farther before it is over!