Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

08 dirt pics

08 dirt pics

I know I write a lot of ride reports and don't post pics, so I finally bought a few shots from Rocky hill and mototown from this season. Nothing too great as it was really my first season riding mx, but here's the better shots I could find.

This is from our last day at mototown. It looks dark in there because... it IS dark! I have trouble seeing at times in there, but it's definitely getting to be a fun track.

I can't do whips yet, so pics of me in the air are boring... This is Rock Hill, CT

This was a HUUUGE feet up drift. I opened the gas and the bike just tracked sideways. Now that Peter did my suspension the bike mostly tracks forward. This slide was fun though...

Anyway, Anybody else got any action shots from 08? Post em up!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: 08 dirt pics

sweet pics Paul...who sells photos from mototown? I don't have many either..few from winchester speedpark. Also few I took of my buddy Brody throwing down as well

LRRS #399
    MX #505

If you scroll to the bottom of mototownusa.com there's a link to chris oneal. he takes pics at mototown and rocky hill. His site is great, just put your number in the search box and you'll see all the pics he has of you. You're in there. He's deleting 08 pics soon...

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    If you scroll to the bottom of mototownusa.com there's a link to chris oneal. he takes pics at mototown and rocky hill. His site is great, just put your number in the search box and you'll see all the pics he has of you. You're in there. He's deleting 08 pics soon...
    sweet thanks, I just ordered a few there is one I really dig.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

sweet pics, guys! i gotta get my act together, gettin psyched.

Beta 200RR

Great pics I miss the dirt....don't miss getting Hurt

nice, got the pics I ordered... I love pics like this where it looks like you were either goin fast or almost ate shit for whatever reason aha

LRRS #399
    MX #505

blub

LRRS #399
    MX #505

and yay free pic

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Hey, those first two pics... there were nearly exact versions of me. I almost ordered them... I didn't get my free pic... I should email her.

Paul_E_D

Here's my freebie...

This guy (and girl?) takes great pics, has a great website, and fantastic service. I'll give him my business anytime.

Paul_E_D

Lifer

You guys are nuts. I'm too scared to try to hammer over those jumps like you alll can.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Start out on the tabletops with smooth ramps and just slowly build your approach speed. Roll off AFTER you leave the face, and roll on just before you land. Work your way toward the smaller doubles. Step up or down type doubles are more forgiving.

I feel like it's taking me forever to get relaxed with jumping, but I'm getting there.

Paul_E_D

wow sweet pics

Sawyer #802
    1999 Z50R STOCKER
    2001 XR50 FULLY MOTARDED

Lifer

Start out on the tabletops with smooth ramps and just slowly build your approach speed. Roll off AFTER you leave the face, and roll on just before you land. Work your way toward the smaller doubles. Step up or down type doubles are more forgiving.

I feel like it's taking me forever to get relaxed with jumping, but I'm getting there.
    I kinda felt ok doing the first tabletop jump....and maybe one tiny double, if that's the jump-space-landing ones.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Ya, a double is any gap jump really. 2 jumps where you take off on the first ramp and land on the back of the second. If the landing is higher than the take off, it's a step-up. Landing lower than take off, step-down. doubles of equal height are the most dangerous. Kinda like the one where Squirrel ate it...

There's a lot of combinations of above configurations and it gets hard to describe them.

Paul_E_D

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Roll off AFTER you leave the face, and roll on just before you land.
    With all due respect, I dont think this works as well as steady throttle in the air (me and Jay are on 4 strokes)

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Well, do what works, but steady throttle in the air will make the rear wheel slowly drop. That might be what you want for a flat landing. If you're gonna make the down ramp though, it's better to roll off in the air to let the weight transfer towards the front so your bike is pointing down the ramp. rolling back on for the landing will help straighten out the bike and absorb the hit.

Paul_E_D

Well, do what works, but steady throttle in the air will make the rear wheel slowly drop. That might be what you want for a flat landing. If you're gonna make the down ramp though, it's better to roll off in the air to let the weight transfer towards the front so your bike is pointing down the ramp. rolling back on for the landing will help straighten out the bike and absorb the hit.
    I will try that next time but even when I rolled out a bit the front would just drop Fast

throttle = front raising
    rear brake = front dropping

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL View Post
    I will try that next time but even when I rolled out a bit the front would just drop Fast
    definitely cuttin the throttle off before the end of the jump face it sounds like

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by seth505 View Post
    definitely cuttin the throttle off before the end of the jump face it sounds like
    I'm sure the theory is the same with 4 wheels, when I used to ride some MX tracks on my quad, I had to stay on the gas until lift off. Once off the ground, I'd role off the gas and the front end would lower for the landing.

Yamaha

Lifer

I just hold on for dear life, the rest is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by seth505 View Post
    Most likely, I did that a few times. Got scared and Just started to go steady Thottle All the way way through the jump and in the air and roling on more on the landing . I am just not that comfortable in the air to start modulating the throttle in flight. I will work my way up to it I am sure. I dont think that has much to do with the Crash I took. That I think was going in to the corner before too hot and really was not in control of the bike when I hit the jump.

I have about 100 Good laps of the place with no major Events. out of the 5 times I road there I only had 2 Bad ones(day enders) The last one was bad as I am still hurting a week and a Half later.

I am leaning to going back to woods riding until the race season is over, I really cant afford to miss loudon Races as I invested Quite a bit of $$$ into it already.

The big ones only Happen when Paul ED is around,

Paul around= Big crashes
    No Paul= No crashes

Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL View Post
    Most likely, I did that a few times. Got scared and Just started to go steady Thottle All the way way through the jump and in the air and roling on more on the landing . I am just not that comfortable in the air to start modulating the throttle in flight. I will work my way up to it I am sure. I dont think that has much to do with the Crash I took. That I think was going in to the corner before too hot and really was not in control of the bike when I hit the jump.

I have about 100 Good laps of the place with no major Events. out of the 5 times I road there I only had 2 Bad ones(day enders) The last one was bad as I am still hurting a week and a Half later.

I am leaning to going back to woods riding until the race season is over, I really cant afford to miss loudon Races as I invested Quite a bit of $$$ into it already.

The big ones only Happen when Paul ED is around,

Paul around= Big crashes
    No Paul= No crashes

Go figure
    ya man its hard to say...everyone has slightly different body position/style so its not the best to give advice without seeing you ride that steed. Really steep jumps its good to get way over the front fender, mellow jumps you can stay centered or just sit...it depends on the jump but I do think you are probably on the gas slightly but not under enough power to power off the lip so you are diving. I think your best bet might be to make sure you are on the gas good off lips and then let off but halfway through the air give the throttle a good twist and you can feel your bike calm down/level out. Sometimes when I am tired I get over the front and once I'm in the air I feel like I'm gonna continue diving so I give it a quick blip but a good one (quick wide open) and can correct it. Personally, I end up goin the other way and I get on the back of the bike too much and end up grabbing the clutch and stabbing the rear brake to dive the front.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast