Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As Usual

As Usual

Open invite to ride tomorrow. I'll probably go by 1pm.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: As Usual

Some weekday riding this week for sure. Wednesday looks nice.

Paul_E_D

wanna make a long trip to mx207? aha

LRRS #399
    MX #505

I have to work til 2:30, but if you wanna come out here for the afternoon it will be much warmer than maine...

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I have to work til 2:30, but if you wanna come out here for the afternoon it will be much warmer than maine...
    cool you are probably planning on wed. then? I can let you know by tonight or something

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Yeah definitely wednesday. Maybe today. Thursday looks a little like rain?

Paul_E_D

Lifer

Trails this weekend at clough if you're interested. i always have to work during the week.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

wish i wasnt broken temps are nuts this week

Beta 200RR

Are you doing PT? I've been doing it for 3 years now and it works well.

btw, thursday is shaping up nicely now!!!

Paul_E_D

think I might head to mx207 tomorrow...really wanna ride there before they are done for the year, who knows with our weather after this week aha

LRRS #399
    MX #505

K, if you bail and wanna ride local (well, local for me) wed or thurs let me know

Paul_E_D

K, if you bail and wanna ride local (well, local for me) wed or thurs let me know
    sounds good thanks

LRRS #399
    MX #505

I'm absolutely out after this weekend, all the way until December 14th

if the weather gets above 40-50ish, will you be riding through the end of December into the beginning of January?

I most certainly would like to take a ride out (and I'll bring along the oldie, but goodie, 98 RM125 w' the stroker engine) but it won't be until December, or again until March (spring break) or again next May (between spring and summer semester).

Are you doing PT? I've been doing it for 3 years now and it works well.

btw, thursday is shaping up nicely now!!!
    no PT yet except for basic stretching. i just ended my 2+weeks of prednisone and vicodin cycle, doc wanted to eval pain after the meds, if pain is less we go into PT, if pain is same MRI. pain is same to maybe worse so MRI it is, gotta schedule today.

praying i dont need surgery the pain in the morning or after sitting is brutal. cant extend or stand on my left leg until i work it through some.

i'm not supposed to ride, take long car rides or sit more than 30min... i'm dying to ride so i think i'm gonna take the 'tard out today. going nuts!

Beta 200RR

Get the MRI, but definitely get a few opinions before surgery. I have 3 maybe four injured discs and can manage without drugs or surgery. Every case is different, but some docs are just pro-surgery anti activity.

Paul_E_D

Get the MRI, but definitely get a few opinions before surgery. I have 3 maybe four injured discs and can manage without drugs or surgery. Every case is different, but some docs are just pro-surgery anti activity.
    good advice, thanks. yeah, i want pictures to see whats really going on in there before anything else. pill poppin' didnt do shit

Beta 200RR

Worked up a good sweat today. My bike is screaming for some year end maintenance. I had no rear brakes. Tried to bleed them, but I think the caliper needs a rebuild (or the MC). I rode like crap. Just trying too hard. This is probably my worst habit. I did settle down and put in some clean laps. It was a little tough to push it with front brakes only.

Paul_E_D

I just spent 15 dollars pressure washing my bike and it still isn't clean @$%^#$%^$#%^@%

LRRS #399
    MX #505

what do you use for soap? S100 gets the Husky super clean with barely any elbow grease. lazy mans dream but you gotta be rich to buy it all the time.

Beta 200RR

Worked up a good sweat today. My bike is screaming for some year end maintenance. I had no rear brakes. Tried to bleed them, but I think the caliper needs a rebuild (or the MC). I rode like crap. Just trying too hard. This is probably my worst habit. I did settle down and put in some clean laps. It was a little tough to push it with front brakes only.
    good to hear you got out, bummer on the rear brake. i buzzed around on the motard yesterday and felt kinda the same. pushing too hard to have some fun, almost ate it skidding through a sandy corner.

i'm actually looking forward to tearing the Husky down this winter. i'm storing both bikes in the basement for the first time (walk out)... speaking of, when you store your bikes in your basement do you drain all gas AND oil? i'm thinkin i may leave them dry of all fluids. basement is heated. bad idea??

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    I just spent 15 dollars pressure washing my bike and it still isn't clean @$%^#$%^$#%^@%
    did you go to 207?

Typeone, I if you store with empty tank, air it out a few days before putting it in the basement. It's fumes that are dangerous, so capping vents and plugging intake/exhaust is good. running a little fan on the floor or a dehumidifier would prevent pooling of vapors.

This year I'm doing new steering head and wheel bearings. re-packing swingarm bearings, freshening shock and forks.

My kenda milleville rear has nearly chunked all the knobs on the right side. They are hangin on, but not by much! I think I'll try something else for next season. Ideas?

Paul_E_D

Typeone, I if you store with empty tank, air it out a few days before putting it in the basement. It's fumes that are dangerous, so capping vents and plugging intake/exhaust is good. running a little fan on the floor or a dehumidifier would prevent pooling of vapors.

This year I'm doing new steering head and wheel bearings. re-packing swingarm bearings, freshening shock and forks.

My kenda milleville rear has nearly chunked all the knobs on the right side. They are hangin on, but not by much! I think I'll try something else for next season. Ideas?
    yes, great point on the vapors. there is a dehumidifier down there, just replaced my old one with a new unit. i'll take both tanks off and leave them in the garage to air out. thanks.

i still like the Pirelli Scorpion MXMS (Med-Soft) i've been running. good in soft stuff and hold up pretty good in rocks. BikeBandit usually has great prices on them too. i'm due for another front, rear got reversed when i blew that tube at CH.

Beta 200RR

ya I hit up mx207, it was awesome but mudfest.

Typeone- what is s100, who makes it? I just used soap/rinse at powerwasher in town (one of the car ones). I'm gonna basically tear the whole bike apart and clean it at this point aha

Paul- Alex just got the dunlop mx51s or something 51, he likes em and said Jeff swears by them, I have also heard good things from others (I guess they wear good). I am probably going to pick up a set of those soon/over winter.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    Typeone- what is s100, who makes it? I just used soap/rinse at powerwasher in town (one of the car ones). I'm gonna basically tear the whole bike apart and clean it at this point aha
    oh, shit, get ready to be amazed (well, i always am). S100 Total Cycle Cleaner i tried the new foaming aerosol recently, magic. the standard spray bottles work well too. it like melts dirt and grease off. i dont even scrub the Husky white plastics. follow directions, no spray on hot bike.

Beta 200RR

sweet, thanks!

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast