Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

After 10 months of downtime I'm stoked to have my 250SX back, with some new goodies..

After 10 months of downtime I'm stoked to have my 250SX back, with some new goodies..

Had a lil shifting issue with my 250SX last summer and as I had another bike to ride (RMZ250F) I was sort of lazy about getting around to fixing it... might as well rack up the hours on someone else's bike right?

Anyway got my bike going again recently and just stoked to have it back. She's got 68 hours on her and still looking great and running better than ever. Installed a few new bits and bobs and here's the current list:

- Pro Circuit Platinum pipe & 304 silencer
    - WP Factory Services suspension
    - Acerbis front disc guard
    - Dirt Digits numberplate graphics
    - New TAG sprockets & DID chain installed
    - New top end with Wiesco piston kit
    - New Dunlop tires
    - Hammerhead shifter installed (not shown)
    - SAMCO hose kit
    - RM NECJ needle

Pics are from 2nd ride at Cahuilla Creek MX (awesome track) and still wasn't feeling quite like 'my bike' yet. After getting off a slow RMZ250F that's a fart fart four-stroke.. this 250SX hits like a damn hammer. I even had to go and set it to BONER MODE by installing the softest powervalve spring and putting it on the softer ignition map. After about 5 or 6 rides it's starting to feel like my bike again (back to hard ignition map) and it certainly rewards an aggressive riding style.

Anyway enough yapping. Here's some pics. You'll note Seth505 in a few. He too has a 2013 KTM 250SX.

Braaapt.

GALLERY LINK: KTM 250SX Reboot - Album on Imgur <--- clicky click

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by a13x; 04-22-15 at 06:54 PM.

Re: After 10 months of downtime I'm stoked to have my 250SX back, with some new goodi

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Re: After 10 months of downtime I'm stoked to have my 250SX back, with some new goodi

That is a HOT bike. I'm still not man enough to MX a 250 2T. They are INSANE fun on ice, but you wouldn't know that! LOL

I'm debating picking up a 150. It's an old man track bike.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Beta 200RR

That's pretty sexy for an orange peel.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    That is a HOT bike. I'm still not man enough to MX a 250 2T. They are INSANE fun on ice, but you wouldn't know that! LOL

I'm debating picking up a 150. It's an old man track bike.
    Still super bummed I never got to ice ride. The 2 or 3 times I went to go something would always come up... One day...

Stoked I got the 250 2t. On bad days when you are tired, you are like 'why did I do this' but when it's good, it's oh so good.... I hate sounding like an old 'get off my porch' kind of guy but whenever I get back on a 4t I'm like 'wow this is so easy to ride' but just doesn't feel the same. I've found I dislike 450's overall (3rd gear, everywhere, and heavy) whereas at least 250F's are somewhat interesting to ride.

When are on a 250 2t and hammer out of a turn, feet on the pegs, powerband hits, rear wheel spinning. Pretty badass. Sure you could handle it just fine Paul, you know how to do.

I've never felt such a great feeling as getting on the gas hard, fully cranked over, wheel spinning, sideways, but holding it pinned until the it all hooked up and rocketed me down the straight in a slight wheelie. That was on Rada's cr250 in NY on a 15 degree day
    . There was just enough traction that I could just pin it and ride the torque curve without spinning out, looping, or highsiding to the moon. LOL

Paul_E_D