Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

1960's Desert Racing movie

Lifer

1960's Desert Racing movie

Here is a great movie about Desert Racing in the 1960's. It is amazing to see those big desert sleds swapping ends at speed, and guys riding - *racing* - on flat tires!
    Watch in full screen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a64niu0db8

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 1960's Desert Racing movie

I just watched this a few days ago!!! Awesome flick in the same style as "on any Sunday"

I thought it was cool that in the 60's they used heavy steel bikes with no suspension and still went balls out to go as fast as they could...same technique: stand up, stay on the gas/pull up on the bars/weight the rear wheel to keep the front end as light as possible, use your body to absorb bumps, pick good lines, and have a good time regardless of outcome!

Desert riding is pretty cool if you haven't done it before...I doubt anyone will come, but it's a 2 hour drive from where I live...buy a plane ticket, bring $150 to rent a proper mx bike or atv for the day and you can try it out! It does get old though...after a few runs you get sick of wide open WOT riding

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-31-13 at 04:20 PM.