Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Snow!!!

Snow!!!

I've been waiting for a night like this for 10 months
    Snow+Raptor+me=late night and lots of fun
    6" of powder so far

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Wirelessly posted (** BB 8830**: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13057/574; U; en))

I have no fucking power!!!!!

AGAIN!!!!!

Re: Snow!!!

Awww poor Kill Bill! Good luck!

Raptor + 12" of snow = Fail

On a good note, I had fun plowing my driveway

Yamaha

Wirelessly posted (LG-LX260 POLARIS-LX260/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

ten hours on the plow route so far, thank god for wap

"Chatbox...It's like Vegas, for your fingers."

Originally Posted by CBR_Knight
    in my own thread, let me post this:
    first of all, nothing about sex or play with a female seems interesting or arousing to me....

"BALLS" is coming home late after a night out with the guys smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say "you're next!"

I still love the smell of burnt racing fuel in the morning!

too light for the Mach Z... Now the Raptor was fun

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    too light for the Mach Z... Now the Raptor was fun
    You have a Raptor? Cool

Talk about kicking my ass!! Seeing my Raptor wouldn't move in this stuff, I took the KTM for a rip. I don't think I've ever been so exhausted after a 1/2 hour ride in my life Holy crap was that a lot of work, fun though

Yamaha

Dubbya-Tee-Eff??? We were only supposed to get like, a few inches up here. AND it was supposed to be done last night. Between the shit yesterday & today, we got close to a fuggin' FOOT. Now they're saying ANOTHER FOOT tomorrow? Not again...

Bu tyeah, got to tool around on the 'Cat plowing & shit. I'm gonna try to keep a betterer path cleared this year so it's easier for the non-Raptors & non-4WD's to get up from the lake...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    You have a Raptor? Cool

Talk about kicking my ass!! Seeing my Raptor wouldn't move in this stuff, I took the KTM for a rip. I don't think I've ever been so exhausted after a 1/2 hour ride in my life Holy crap was that a lot of work, fun though
    no my cousin does. he wasn't home shhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Dubbya-Tee-Eff??? We were only supposed to get like, a few inches up here. AND it was supposed to be done last night. Between the shit yesterday & today, we got close to a fuggin' FOOT. Now they're saying ANOTHER FOOT tomorrow? Not again...

Bu tyeah, got to tool around on the 'Cat plowing & shit. I'm gonna try to keep a betterer path cleared this year so it's easier for the non-Raptors & non-4WD's to get up from the lake...
    Ya lost me on the dubbya tee eff?
    It never stopped snowing here today, though it wasn't amounting to much. Even though it's cold out, the ground isn't frozen so the snow is melting from the bottom up.
    Anyway, I forgot I had a set of 22's for the Rappy, bolted them on the rear and I've been riding for the last 2 hours

no my cousin does. he wasn't home shhhhhhhh
    Those are the best ones, no payments, just fun

Yamaha

exactly... Actually he was home. I had just cleaned his carb and changed his oil

You have a Raptor? Cool

Pulled the KTM out in this huh. I thought the other day riding in 30's was cold nevermind the 20's. Traction...I see spectacular moments
    How'd that ATV do plowing the foot of this powder?

exactly... Actually he was home. I had just cleaned his carb and changed his oil
    Well that changes things, you have to work on them for him? Should be yours to ride anytime You cleaned the carb? What happened to the other carb, the carbed Raptors have 2 carbs

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    Pulled the KTM out in this huh. I thought the other day riding in 30's was cold nevermind the 20's. Traction...I see spectacular moments
    How'd that ATV do plowing the foot of this powder?
    20's? Yeah it was 13 out when I went riding There's a huge difference riding trails when it's cold vs street/fireroads. 3rd gear doing about 10mph with the rear always kicked out...you could almost be in T-shirt and feel warm. I never fell today so there wasn't much for spectacular moments...though I had a few close calls Tomorrow is another day, you're not afraid of the snow are you

The atv plowed pretty good, though I screwed up and didn't quite plow the driveway wide enough and I can't push them back anymore with the quad. I'd be fine if tomorrows forcast didn't just change, it went from 1" of snow turning to rain...to 6" + of snow. May have to use the Kubota for that

Yamaha

Well that changes things, you have to work on them for him? Should be yours to ride anytime You cleaned the carb? What happened to the other carb, the carbed Raptors have 2 carbs

s

snow is for snowmobiles.

although with all the ice last week, we've spent the past three days clearing trees from the trails.

let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow let it snow

jim

"Molon labe"

Ya lost me on the dubbya tee eff?
    It never stopped snowing here today, though it wasn't amounting to much. Even though it's cold out, the ground isn't frozen so the snow is melting from the bottom up.
    Anyway, I forgot I had a set of 22's for the Rappy, bolted them on the rear and I've been riding for the last 2 hours

Dubbya-Tee-Eff = WTF

It never really stopped snowing here yesterday 'til like, 10:00 last night. And now the forcast is calling for EIGHTEEN inches by midnight tonight. Not to mention this shit wasn't supposed to start 'til after noon, but it's coming down like a fuggin' blanket already...

The last time I checked the ice was back just before that 50 degree day and it was already 4-5" thick. Summa the local retards've already been out skating & playing hockey out there. Ain't seen anyone riding on the lake(s) yet, but I'm pretty sure with all this snow they'll all just assume it's safe to. Only a matter of time...

i took the king quad out plowing, not nearly as fun as i remember. wish i had the coin to tar the drive and snow blow it. i fucking hate snow over 6 inches. baa mother fuckin hum bug!!!!!

it is still coming down here. they are saying like another 8 inches. on the other hand i bought a beast of a snowblower, glad i did. bought used and worked like a charm.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Hello, Checking in from Bolton Valley VT. I am assuming a Raptor is a sport 2 wheel drive quad. I have a 96 Polaris 500 Sportsman. I plowed with chains on the rear wheels when i lost 4 wheel drive and it worked great. I now have 4 wheel back and chains on the front whick help with steering and traction of coarse.
    I have plowed 4 ft storms with it it will not stop or get stuck. I skid my own logs and am amazed how much quads will pull and plow. I sport plow which should be in the x-games next season.
    We had a great base last week and got a ft yesterday, skiing was great. I took my boys and there friends up to the mt. One of the 3 Mts was closed so for last run I had my exhausted wife drive my truck to the lower lodge for an illegal powder pick up.
    We got to ski trailos that were virginal over the knees Utah powder. It was 0 yesterday and the snow was very light on a nice base.
    I followed some very competant young powder hounds down the closed trails. It was a great adventure.
    yes my kids know not to do these things with out my planning, I always have the communication devise etc.
    They are calling for another ft plus today and tomorrow. Monday should be epic and I have it off.
    I put the kids dirt bikes away laqst night. I want a KX100 for a pit bike!!
    Tonight I force the family out onto the snowshoe trail, It is to windy for skiing today.
    Happy Holidays and enjoy the snow.
    OT

It pays to play.

Ride fast,
    You will get farther before it is over!

Hmmm, another 5" and then it turned to freezing rain. I busted the winch for my plow I haven't taken it off yet to see what the problem was, it just wouldn't lift the plow out of the snow? It still sounds like it's turning when I hit the switch, just aint moving?
    Todays snow was that heavy wet crap as well, Before the changover to rain, I measured the dept of the snow on my deck, just over 16"

I left the Raptor out last night which wasn't the best move. All the snow and ice on it from yesterdays ride made it un-rideable today. Everything was frozen It's now in the basement thawing out and making a mess on my floor, I had to almost drag the thing down the ramps.

The picture should answer your assumption out thumped

Yamaha

wow, I should be posting in dirty bastards...this is where all the other nuts are

Raptor + 12" of snow = Fail
    really?

I was considering to get rid of the dirt bike for an ATV as a winter toy, but not if gets stuck too in deep snow

Quote Originally Posted by Bhavesh View Post
    really?

I was considering to get rid of the dirt bike for an ATV as a winter toy, but not if gets stuck too in deep snow
    Once I put the bigger tires on, it made a huge difference. My neighbor blazed the trails with a 4x4 quad and I was able to follow with no problems.
    You're much less likely to get stuck with a dirtbike than a quad with the type of snow we had yesterday. Todays snow, if it has wheels and isn't all wheel drive, leave it in the garage What a difference a day makes

Yamaha

Somewhere in the 15-16" is what I'm guessing we got up here. Our's is the fluffy shit though. Easier 'n shit to move. But the depth of it took me damned near an hour just to do my fookin' driveway! I'll be working on the path to the lake this week & weekend. With the thaw & rain, it oughtta give us a nice runway up the backyard!

i might try and take out the KTM Today in the snow, bugger here is that snow turned to freezing rain around 4:30ish and went like that until 7-8 or so. SO its nice and crunchy,boo that shit.

Like I said they say, nothing stops a party barge.

97' Ducati 900SS - Sometimes runs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast