Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

8yo and riding areas

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Re: 8yo and riding areas

Been a busy summer. Kid has finally "earned" her pw80 this weekend will start messing in the yard street.
    however i was thining since i'm tight for room to ride enrolling her into one of the schools here.
    I'm not normally a "take a kid to a class to learn life stuff" I'm more we figure it out by your self but...... I'm not the most patient person and I'd like herto learn good habits. right off the bat ( and me learn what those habit s are to make sure she keeps doing them if she continues them)
    The above plus it make s the wife feel better about her not hurting herself

Any one have a kid do

planet dirt ( looks like a 7- 11 yo class https://book.peek.com/s/91d89400-df1...057a7526/AbbYO )
    motoveristy ( cant find on line )
    NH youth program for motorsports LLC

The above came up when I searched the MSF site for local in 100 miles dirtbike schools.

On a side note i'm headed back up to Jackman maine to dirtbike on the XR 650r with some fellows.... should be fun!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Been a busy summer. Kid has finally "earned" her pw80 this weekend will start messing in the yard street.
    however i was thining since i'm tight for room to ride enrolling her into one of the schools here.
    I'm not normally a "take a kid to a class to learn life stuff" I'm more we figure it out by your self but...... I'm not the most patient person and I'd like herto learn good habits. right off the bat ( and me learn what those habit s are to make sure she keeps doing them if she continues them)
    The above plus it make s the wife feel better about her not hurting herself

Any one have a kid do

planet dirt ( looks like a 7- 11 yo class https://book.peek.com/s/91d89400-df1...057a7526/AbbYO )
    motoveristy ( cant find on line )
    NH youth program for motorsports LLC

The above came up when I searched the MSF site for local in 100 miles dirtbike schools.

On a side note i'm headed back up to Jackman maine to dirtbike on the XR 650r with some fellows.... should be fun!
    Just as an FYI, a lot of the trails in central and northern Maine have prohibited use of dirtbikes on the trails. When I was in Greenville/Moosehead lake last fall, the only trails open to bikes were trails that used town roads and the ITS trails.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Any one have a kid do

yeah, both my boys did the Planet Dirt school a few years back and loved it. def recommend. it was HOT AS FCUK that day and they still had a blast. great instructors, facility is simple but adequate, great skills taught, and the 'freeride' at the end was a big hit. mini loop that dips into the woods to get some variation.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

A friend of mine took his son to planet dirt... he broke his foot there. LOL, but he still had a blast and wanted to go back as soon as he healed. He's riding a CRF100 that he fixed up himself and begs his dad to take him to the trails all the time.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Just as an FYI, a lot of the trails in central and northern Maine have prohibited use of dirtbikes on the trails. When I was in Greenville/Moosehead lake last fall, the only trails open to bikes were trails that used town roads and the ITS trails.
    Point taken. we do it all on the up and up. Maine adv registrations, keep on the correct roads/ trails ....

hmmmm......

I keep thinking the thread title is BYO and riding. lol

Paul_E_D

Little update:

Took a bit to get her goin after gettign the pw. Summer was busy. This is her 2nd time on the bike. She has been out 3 more times since then and last night. She rides around the front yard , over the mulch bed and up and down the street, working on figure 8's, hard stops using either brake. I"m making her wear all the gear right now to get the feel dor when she hits the "trails" and because she hasnt had any challenges ( easy to ride... hard part is controlling the bike when something goes wrong, suddent stop on an incline, front slides, bike starts to tip over in a turn.)

She says it feels like flying biggest smile in the world when I hit her helmet with my hand and say good job.

she is going faster now... this video was the 2nd time. i was making her brake using whatever brake I call out. we then started hammering the brake to see how it works.

Still needs to figure out how to make the bike "move" using throttle or body weight to get over obstacles. We're limited with what we have ( mulch beds, incline in the front yard) to make challenge her.
    Now to just get her on some "dirt"/ trails/ obstacles to raise her up and some trail riding to just explore.
    needs some proper boots and goggles. Boots will definitely make her relearn her habits since they're more stiff/ less feel.

All in all.... she loves it.
    https://www.facebook.com/1354518000/...9433414346741/

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by black; 09-12-23 at 10:46 AM.
    hmmmm......

We will be giving away some Fox size 2 boots very soon

edit: you can see them in this pic: the helmet is going too as it is now too small Ill make a free gear post at some point

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 09-12-23 at 12:27 PM.

We have two 0.3 mile loops on our property near Sunapee, roughly sketched. You could use them even if we aren't there. Another trail goes 2.6 miles to the top of Sunapee.
    PM me for info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8yo and riding areas-housetrails-jpg  

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    We have two 0.3 mile loops on our property near Sunapee, roughly sketched. You could use them even if we aren't there. Another trail goes 2.6 miles to the top of Sunapee.
    PM me for info.
    tY.. we do plan to head up that way... need to find something a little closer to play and join up one of the NETRA clubs to get access to property as well. Not saying this is her calling or she is in love with it
    but beats that Kid soccer cult gorup that kills every sat and sun for real family activities.

hmmmm......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12