Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

New Alta dealer in MA - Pilgrim Powersports

New Alta dealer in MA - Pilgrim Powersports

not sure how many of you are following the Alta Motors progress, electric MX / SM bikes, but Pilgrim Powersports in Plymouth is now a dealer!

just submitted a request for a demo day. i'd love to try one out.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Re: New Alta dealer in MA - Pilgrim Powersports

We need to talk them into running one at the Classic in the Sumo event.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    We need to talk them into running one at the Classic in the Sumo event.
    that would be awesome!

---

i love my 2Ts but can't freekin' wait to have one of these in the garage.. . STEALTH

Beta 200RR

Wow, I can see these pretty much everywhere in 15 years

First manufacturer to form a business plan where they actually make sense to prospective buyers on a dollar per race win scale wins...they might need to sell the bikes at a substantial loss initially, and either make it up later in parts or future sales once the bikes take hold, but neither of those things are anything new in the business plan world. If the bikes don't absolutely smoke bikes that you can buy for 7,000, I don't see them selling like hot cakes at 15,000. But I certainly can see these taking over, in the near future.

#whatwilltrackopponentsbitchaboutthen

On the other hand, in the past week alone since buying the klx400 dual sport, TWICE I've been railing corners on dirt roads and encountered people walking their dogs who seemed surprised with how quickly I was on them and as a result, how quickly they had to get their dogs and leashes off the trail...no harm done either time, but that was with a four stroke on the pipe, never mind one of these nearly silent assassins. I can see stealth working for us AND against us; mostly for us though...

I think they're due in Friday. I get out of work Saturday morning, so I'll probably shoot on over and give em an eyeball.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I think they're due in Friday. I get out of work Saturday morning, so I'll probably shoot on over and give em an eyeball.
    rad. if that happens, pics please.

also curious to know if they'll do a demo day. my request to Alta came back as, 'you have no local dealers within 100mi, we'll let you know.'

---

*fuhc, i still owe you a rear tire man !! i gotta get east.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Gotta get Jenn Ross on the case!

Beta 200RR

I just dropped in, they're due in later this afternoon, but the guys might not make it before closing, so maybe Tuesday.
    There will be some kind of demo mid July, I've been told, and keep an eye on their social medias.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I just dropped in, they're due in later this afternoon, but the guys might not make it before closing, so maybe Tuesday.
    There will be some kind of demo mid July, I've been told, and keep an eye on their social medias.
    cool, thanks for the update!

Beta 200RR

Beta 200RR

They did the red bull straight line thing with this too.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

yup!

Beta 200RR

thnx for the heads up, Chip... wish i could make it but have a wake to attend in CT mid-week (still might be working on the Cape, will let you know)

for anyone else interested... June 22nd 12-7pm Alta Demo Day at Wareham MX !!!

Beta 200RR

Hey gang. Long time no see! Kurlon who's "Jenn Ross" hahah Jen Dunstan going on 6 years now... all thanks to NESR. (just messing with ya amigo).

Alta's are the jam. NESR's very own -jro- is the Southwestern Sales Manager and also she was Alta's very first Regional Sales Manager So if you have any questions, post them up. The NE Sales Rep's name is Michael Fiduk and he's been on the job a few months now and opening up dealers.. so expect to see more and more

I've gotten to ride the MX and Supermoto quite a bit (perks of being married to JRO! haha). It's a damn blast. I have some riding footage I'll have to post up. I'd LOOOOVE to ride it in New England woods. So good for that.

Some pics of us having fun on the Future of Fast.

Alex Eastern Sierra's
    New Alta dealer in MA - Pilgrim Powersports-15203152_10157790560635511_7249708014160437809_n-jpg
    Alex Downtown San Diego
    New Alta dealer in MA - Pilgrim Powersports-17951737_10158490213955511_3282495786425751839_n-jpg
    Alex Cahuilla Creek MX
    New Alta dealer in MA - Pilgrim Powersports-18893460_10158747491630511_6802879408790104200_n-jpg
    Jen Pala MX
    New Alta dealer in MA - Pilgrim Powersports-18671036_1384051221687390_6282379945170669713_n-jpg
    Jen's Jean Claude Sweater Van
    New Alta dealer in MA - Pilgrim Powersports-16996497_1284450238314156_6485501695631133357_n-jpg

Quick vids-
    Alex Cahuilla Creek MX: Instagram <-- link
    Jen Pala MX: Instagram <--- link

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by a13x; 07-06-17 at 01:09 AM.

Having ridden it, how do you gather it's gonna be so good in the woods here?
    At 20-40lbs more than your average scoot that's motoring around here, there's a lot of ground to make up.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

I've said it before but i'm wicked excited about electric bikes in motorsports. Maybe in 5 years they will make 450 power and be competitive for supermoto. I'd love to try one.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Me too. And being married to a crunchy hippy, I've got the green light.
    If I'm gonna drop that much coin though, it's gonna be absolutely on point though.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

The alta looks like the closest thing so far. I sorta expected them to be superior by this point, but it won't be long now.

Paul_E_D

Only problem I have with it currently is the recharge time. Unless I read it wrong it's about 5 hours from flat to fully charged on the 220V charger.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Hey hey. Here ya go.

Having ridden it, how do you gather it's gonna be so good in the woods here?
    At 20-40lbs more than your average scoot that's motoring around here, there's a lot of ground to make up.
    Weight: Due to the fact it has no rotating mass (crank, gears, piston, cams, flywheel, etc) it doesn't feel like a 260lb bike when riding it. We don't have NE style woods out here in CA but the single track riding it did do on it... was all smiles. Instant torque, no stalling out, super tractable power, handles sort of like a MTB through the pegs (back to the no rotating weight thing) means steering with your feet is really responsive, and lastly that type of riding really favours the battery situation (i.e.: lots of ride time). Be easy to get multiple hours worth.

Add in fully contained system (waterproof, mud proof) you've got one mean NE woods bike.

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    I've said it before but i'm wicked excited about electric bikes in motorsports. Maybe in 5 years they will make 450 power and be competitive for supermoto. I'd love to try one.
    Makes 450 power out of the hole currently when you are in Map 4 (overclocked map). Hauls ass out of corners. Feels like a built 250F or 350F up top. I've ridden it on a supermoto track and hauled the mail. It's not suited to LRRS Motard racing though, in it's current config. Real supermoto yes. Roadracing supermoto no.

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Only problem I have with it currently is the recharge time. Unless I read it wrong it's about 5 hours from flat to fully charged on the 220V charger.
    220V = 2 hour charge time
    110V = 4-5 hour charge time

Boston --> San Diego

So, guess the fun question would be what's keeping you on a smoker vs switching to the Alta at this time?

Cost is my primary blocker at the moment, or I'd consider one as a commuter/woods machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    So, guess the fun question would be what's keeping you on a smoker vs switching to the Alta at this time?

Cost is my primary blocker at the moment, or I'd consider one as a commuter/woods machine.
    Ha! My last two bikes have been brand new two stroke MX weapons. I like mixing gas. I like the two stroke motor. I like hitting the power band. I like riding a 210lb bike. I don't like 450's. I don't like four strokes. I primarily ride closed course public MX tracks.

Point is the Alta doesn't fit my current riding needs/wants on the daily. If I had property, it would ROCKET up the list. You can ride on your property (mx or woods) and no one would know you are there. If I lived in NE still, and rode trails/woods. It would ROCKET up the list.

Jen went out and rode her 2014 YZ250F the other day after not riding it in 4 months. She loved the 250F compared to the CR125 she had prior. Loved the power delivery, etc. After 4 months on the Alta, she got on the 250F and just doesn't like it. She LOVES the Alta. We are now selling her YZ250F. It fits her needs perfectly atm (nothing to do with corporate job, honest assessment). She loves the power delivery, the simplicity of operation, the lack of maintenance, the no hassle approach, etc.

I rode the YZ250F, the Alta, and my TC250 the other day and the 250F was last on my list.....

COST: Up front looks steep for sure but when you factor in typical new front line bike cost (not a TTR125...) and then the basic shit most disposable income adults throw at their new bikes (pipe, multiple air filters, maintenance, etc) the cost difference isn't that much... It's pretty wild post-ride to just wash it and lube the chain and done...

Last edited by a13x; 07-06-17 at 05:28 PM.
    Boston --> San Diego

So, yeah, I need to test ride one then. Likely a better sumo than what I'm piloting at the moment but I'm too stubborn to get off my antique just yet, really curious to try it in the woods compared to my 300xc-w. But man that price would mean putting off the RV hunt... and I'd have to eliminate one bike from the inventory... can't sell the R6 until I actually ride it, the pair of 92 Yams are permanent fixtures... the KTM has been sooo damn good to me... bah.