Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Alton Riding

Alton Riding

Awesome riding up in Alton this weekend. There was some event going on (atv's and enduros???)

I guess there's another big event next weekend (I think) leaving outta Loudon going all the way up through the Alton Wolfboro area. (for any enduro riders out there)

The trails are looking great both over on 22E and in the Wolfboro fireroad areas.

Since I suck I only made it 3/4 of the way up the Caverly Switchbacks before managing to hit a whoop on a turn that had a mudpit in it... yeah... that didn't go so well. I very gracefully keeled over, flooded my engine, and proceeded to get attacked by hordes of mosquitoes. Only fall of the weekend though so knowing me I really shouldn't complain.

The view from the top of Mt Anna is awesome this year

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Alton Riding

Damn, my dirt bike is 2 hours away in New Hampshire. rats and double drats.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elissama101 View Post
    Awesome riding up in Alton this weekend. There was some event going on (atv's and enduros???)

I guess there's another big event next weekend (I think) leaving outta Loudon going all the way up through the Alton Wolfboro area. (for any enduro riders out there)
    It's a charity ride, I can't remember what it's for though. A bunch of the ADV guys are going to go on it - I have to work

Bras cause cancer.

The trails are looking great both over on 22E and in the Wolfboro fireroad areas.

Since I suck I only made it 3/4 of the way up the Caverly Switchbacks before managing to hit a whoop on a turn that had a mudpit in it... yeah... that didn't go so well. I very gracefully keeled over, flooded my engine, and proceeded to get attacked by hordes of mosquitoes. Only fall of the weekend though so knowing me I really shouldn't complain.

The view from the top of Mt Anna is awesome this year
    New Durham Valley ATV was hosting the annual NHOVA meeting there this year (Devil's Den/Cavely Mt.)...

The dirt version of 'The Classic' is the one in the area this coming weekend...

I'm not familiar with the 'fireroad areas' in Wolfboro. Tell me more...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    New Durham Valley ATV was hosting the annual NHOVA meeting there this year (Devil's Den/Cavely Mt.)...

The dirt version of 'The Classic' is the one in the area this coming weekend...

I'm not familiar with the 'fireroad areas' in Wolfboro. Tell me more...
    They're the Caverly Mt. Trails (the actual roads)... nothing to wonderful.

Gunstock area and rte 11 has some awesome trails too. If you have skill (aka aren't me) you can make it to the top of Straightback Mt. on a dirtbike then cruise down / over to Anna and a bunch of others.

They're the Caverly Mt. Trails (the actual roads)... nothing to wonderful.

Gunstock area and rte 11 has some awesome trails too. If you have skill (aka aren't me) you can make it to the top of Straightback Mt. on a dirtbike then cruise down / over to Anna and a bunch of others.
    I'm very familiar with the Caverly trails/roads. Not so much with the Gunstock/route 11 ones. Where do you park/pick 'em up?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

The ones near MT Major / straightback you can pick up from Jesus Valley Road. The others further down I don't remember the name of the road but the parking is near some of those power transformer thingies. I'll ask my buddy Bob what the road is. I want to say its 11A to Glidden or Reed rd...

Supposedly there are old trails that link all the way from Gilmanton ironworks over through to the Gunstock trails area. I'm not street legal so I haven't explored yet... Found some pretty overgrown trails in the right general direction though. If you check out google maps you can see theres a ton of open land through that area.