Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AMA National HS

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

AMA National HS

Sunday in Freetown there is an AMA National Hare Scramble Any one up for it????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

Lifer

AMA National HS

How many threads do I need to respond to? Can I race it?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

AMA National HS

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

Lifer

AMA National HS

The only rule i could find is I have to be 96 db or less at 20".

I have no idea how loud the bike is, what it needs or what class i'm supposed to race in, but i'd love to race it.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

AMA National HS

The rules can be found here:
    http://www.netra.org/rulebooks/Netra...les%202006.pdf

Notes on sound test can be found here:
    http://www.netra.org/discus/messages...tml?1142863395

Many mx bikes tested near 96 db with a properly packed OE silencer.

First time? Enter C class (if you're not classified higher in another dirty organization) . Pick an age class if you're 30+ y.o., or run a displacement class if you're younger or if you just want to bang bars with the youngsters.

Get there earlier than you think you need to if you need to sign up for NETRA or AMA membership, and get a transponder. There's a one race exemption for having your race # dsiplayed on side & front number plates.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Lifer

AMA National HS

so I have noise restriction, sign up for some memberships, buy a transponder and put numbers on the bike?

I just can't think of a way to verify my db before i get there. i'd hate to waste a day and a drive for nothing.

AMA National HS

If you're nearby the event, you could inquire about getting the bike tested on Saturday? However, usually you need to enter the event prior to testing. A call to the trail boss can't hurt.

Some NETRA-sanctioned clubs have sound level testing equipment. Check NETRA.org for a listing of clubs

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill