Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

New ATV

Lifer

New ATV

I bought my wife a new Grizzly 450 EPS for Christmas. I go to pick it up next Saturday.
    A year or so ago, I was just starting to look for a used one. I ended up with an '06 Kodiak 450. It has proven to be quite useful around the yard, and my wife took an immediate liking to it. Then, one night, she rolled it. Hard. A front wheel tucked under on a steep, rocky downhill, and she could not twist the bars straight. At that moment, I decided to get her one with EPS.
    Now, I know that this is not a motorcycle, but we still have the little Ninja 250, and I am hoping that her interest carries over to it. For now, we enjoy trail riding together, but my KDX was not happy at ATV speeds.
    For the first time in many years, I can not wait for a little snow.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: New ATV

cool now you'll need a trailer to haul them both around
    assuming you want to ride it elsewhere

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

I'm shopping for a new 4x4 atv this weekend. For yard work and the wife, I haven't really thought about the power steering atv's, but will now. Hopefully I can trade the cbr in on it and get rid of that at the same time. Tim

I hear Can-am has a new 1000cc twin....

Lifer

It was *really hard* to get out of there, with all of those new KTM's and 'Bergs on the floor!

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    It was *really hard* to get out of there, with all of those new KTM's and 'Bergs on the floor!
    See, you should have taken my KTM for a ride at Sean's...then you would have left with a nice new quad AND a new KTM

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by netra709 View Post
    I'm shopping for a new 4x4 atv this weekend. For yard work and the wife, I haven't really thought about the power steering atv's, but will now. Hopefully I can trade the cbr in on it and get rid of that at the same time. Tim
    The ONLY two UTILITY ATV's I'd bother looking at are the Grizzly & Arctic Cat...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Seriously, I would not even consider another ATV without EPS now. It is that nice. I do wish that the utility ATV's came with rebuildable shocks, though. I would be re-valving them immediately (for less compression damping). I want to experiment with the Kodiak shocks now, maybe get some inexpensive, rebuildable FOX sled shocks and modify them for the application...

Seriously, I would not even consider another ATV without EPS now. It is that nice. I do wish that the utility ATV's came with rebuildable shocks, though. I would be re-valving them immediately (for less compression damping). I want to experiment with the Kodiak shocks now, maybe get some inexpensive, rebuildable FOX sled shocks and modify them for the application...
    I agree on the power steering. I traded the cbr in on a Kawi Brute 750 with power steering this morning. The power steering is very nice. The power wheelies in 2wd low were very surprising too, I honestly didn't think a utility quad could do that. Tim

I was tempted to take a look further at this but space limitations
    http://worcester.craigslist.org/rvs/2757059610.html

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by netra709 View Post
    I agree on the power steering. I traded the cbr in on a Kawi Brute 750 with power steering this morning. The power steering is very nice. The power wheelies in 2wd low were very surprising too, I honestly didn't think a utility quad could do that. Tim
    I saw a new one at Valley Motorsports set up with tracks. That thing looked *huge* in the show room. Total cost was around $14,000. I had to get the hell out of there before I ended up with a new KTM or Husaberg. Thank God they did not have a 200 on the floor. The new KTM 500 EXC with blinkers was almost $10,000!
    Those Brute Force 750 v-twin engines must be awesome!

Thank God they did not have a 200 on the floor. The new KTM 500 EXC with blinkers was almost $10,000!
    My local dealer had a new 200 on the floor, 2012! It was dreamy looking and redesigned

Yamaha

Those Brute Force 750 v-twin engines must be awesome!
    I own a 07 brute 650 with 1k miles... a friend has 5k miles on his 650 that he also raced for years... never had the motor apart. Not the fastest but this v twin set up for fun and work is the best in my opinion, for speed the can am is the one