Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 15 of 15

ATV racing

  1. #1
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    ATV racing


    I'm flip floping the idea of getting into ATV racing.

    Is it still a thing in new England? (Ma more specifically)

    What are they riding nowadays? I had a fleet of LT250Rs and a TRX250R a few years ago and they were somewhat dated.

    Costs associated with the sport?

    I really like the Cannondale 440 (Cannibal?) and they seem to come up for like $1500 or so

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  2. #2
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,119

    Re: ATV racing

    When I was a member at Central Cycle Club these guys raced there. Looked to be a pretty good org.

    NEATV-MX Inc.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  3. #3
    Get Weird! maxim_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fairhaven, Ma
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: ATV racing

    They race at Capeway rovers and Wareham MX. Once you go down that road you might not come back. Before you know it you'll be riding in a backwards Monster hat and hoodie, wearing unlaced timberlands, it's hard to recover.

    2 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

    JCBernier -- You-tube

  4. #4
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: ATV racing

    Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    They race at Capeway rovers and Wareham MX. Once you go down that road you might not come back. Before you know it you'll be riding in a backwards Monster hat and hoodie, wearing unlaced timberlands, it's hard to recover.
    I'm too old for hats and I'm not a douchebag

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  5. #5
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: ATV racing

    Man, I bet you’re a lot of fun at parties.

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  6. #6
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,593

    Re: ATV racing

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Man, I bet you’re a lot of fun at parties.
    Have you not seen this kid’s pattern before? Go look at his post history.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  7. #7
    Lifer burnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: ATV racing

    No. 4 wheelers are for fat kids who can't ride dirt bikes.

    4 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,794

    Re: ATV racing

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    I'm too old for hats and I'm not a douchebag

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    While I have never raced either a bike or a quad, I do ride both. I’ve always been more impressed with a rider that can flog a 400+lb quad through the woods , or on a MX track, than 220lb dirtbike.. but that’s just me. Riding both for me, the quad takes a LOT more skill and energy to ride at any sort of pace, than a bike.

    Any modern 450 4-stroke is where I’d look if you’re interested in racing. I have a YFZ 450R and it’s miles ahead in tech than the old 250R/lt250 days

    1 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  9. #9
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,119

    Re: ATV racing

    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    While I have never raced either a bike or a quad, I do ride both. I’ve always been more impressed with a rider that can flog a 400+lb quad through the woods , or on a MX track, than 220lb dirtbike.. but that’s just me. Riding both for me, the quad takes a LOT more skill and energy to ride at any sort of pace, than a bike.

    Any modern 450 4-stroke is where I’d look if you’re interested in racing. I have a YFZ 450R and it’s miles ahead in tech than the old 250R/lt250 days
    I've tried to ride a few quads through the woods before. Was so much more effort that it made it not enjoyable. To each their own.

    1 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  10. #10
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: ATV racing

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Have you not seen this kidís pattern before? Go look at his post history.
    Cuck

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  11. #11
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: ATV racing

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Man, I bet youíre a lot of fun at parties.
    Also a cuck. Congrats

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  12. #12
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: ATV racing

    Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    No. 4 wheelers are for fat kids who can't ride dirt bikes.
    Cuck #3

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  13. #13
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: ATV racing

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Have you not seen this kid’s pattern before? Go look at his post history.
    Oh I know, I was able to get the exact response I was looking for too.

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  14. #14
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: ATV racing

    Cuck status confirmed

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  15. #15
    Get Weird! maxim_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fairhaven, Ma
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: ATV racing

    What do you have against the cuckold?

    0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

    JCBernier -- You-tube

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •