Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ATV Trails In NH?

ATV Trails In NH?

Ain't poked around all that much yet, figured I'd ask here too. I've found some nearby in New Durham and Alton that I haven't explored yet. And I know of a bunch of old, filled-in carriage roads and logging roads real close to me (Center Barnstead) that I've been through in the pick-up truck and Soob. Where else somewhat locally. Say, within 30 miles and in NH? I know of Clough (that's 'CLUFF' to you outta staters) and Bear Brook that are relatively close...

We don't have sporty ATV's, so blastin' down some old railroad beds and logging roads won't be all that much fun. Lookin' for more technical shit: rocks, climbs, mud...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

ATV Trails In NH?

It's almost in your backyard
    Androscoggin Valley ATV Club

There's also a nice powerline trail in Pisga state park, It's in the Southwest part of NH that you will enjoy if you like climbs and some challenging trails. Most of the ATV trails in that park are fire roads and you can use the power line trails to connect them if you dare I did it once last year and it was quite a challenge...though I had a easier time on a 2wd Raptor than the 4x4 guys did. Speed is key to making some of those hill climbs

Yamaha

ATV Trails In NH?

Challenge, on a quad? See how many 30-packs you can haul? ha!

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

ATV Trails In NH?

Clough state park in Weare Nh is a great place to ride.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

ATV Trails In NH?

Quote Originally Posted by rmbbikes View Post
    Clough state park in Weare Nh is a great place to ride.

KB
    Clough is a great place to ride, bit rutted and rooty, but fun all the same. Make sure you get there early, once the lot fills up, its a tight squeeze.

Sugar Hill Loop, BT Trail and River Loops are a blast. Check em out, Mud Season run until the 3rd week in May. Check the NH OHRV website for details.

ATV Trails In NH?

Did a bit less than 30 miles today in Hooksett, on Hackett Hill & Quimby Mtn. Just fuggin' awesome. Had it all: tight trails, ruts, roots, hairy-ass rocky hills, thick-as-shit mud and some deep-ass water. I'm fuggin' beat...

Had a Kawi 300 or 350 something-or-other and a coupla Honda Ranchers with us. Used my winch twice to pull out the Kwak & wunna the Ranchers. The mighty Cat totally fuggin' rocked. I ended up being the one to 'test the waters' when we weren't sure how deep the water was or how thick the mud was. The bitch never let me down. Even had it floating once! Had to fuckin' jump up & down on the seat like a monkey to get the tires down to the bottom to get some traction and get my arse outta there...

It's been over 15 years since I've had a 4-wheeler and I completely forgot how much fun it is. And I TOTALLY forgot how much energy it drains from ya. But man! What a fuckin' blast!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

CBR Airlines Flight 1000 Dragginazz's Avatar

Re: ATV Trails In NH?

Amazing how you can still turn while the fronts are floating huh! I did that once on my 88' 250R. The water had to be 3.5 - 4ft deep and we just bobbed are way through it! Who-ever thought to put the airbox snorkel under the headlight is a genius. I'd be in big trouble if I tried that on the 07' 450R!

SPEED SAFELY!