Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Axle question

Axle question

2001 CR125

Rear wheel locked up after last moto a couple weeks ago. The swingarm was wet under the brake caliper earlier in the day, I thought it was leaking from the banjo so I cleaned it all up and rode the last moto. Bike in neutral, no wheel turn at all...got home and pulled it apart again and all the axle grease has turned to mud. I also found the caliper was actually leaking from the piston. Could brake fluid have run onto the axle/seals and ruined the grease?? The bearing grease was toast as well when I took them out. The rear master had pumped itself dry. The axle has quite a bit of discoloration and some surface pitting...

I know I need a set of caliper seals and new wheel bearings, shitcan the axle too? Anything else I should look into? Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Axle question

The axle seal should have kept the brake fluid out. Should have but maybe it didn't. Maybe the seal material wasn't compatable with brake fluid. Who knows? I think you got it covered. Clean the pads and check that the rubber brake hose is not collapsed internally and check the rotor that its flat. Let us know how it works out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!