Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Beginner MX207 J-Day Video

Beginner MX207 J-Day Video

You guys are all 100x better than me, but here a quick edit of the last J day!

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Beginner MX207 J-Day Video

the good guys were DOUBLING those logs.... which blows my mind

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

nice job gettin' in the mix! hahaa, love the commentary ... 'woah! ... haha ... fuck you!'

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    nice job gettin' in the mix! hahaa, love the commentary ... 'woah! ... haha ... fuck you!'
    Right at the start of the second moto, going into a hole, with an angled wet root, and the damn thing stalls on me! It was a well deserved fuck you!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 06-07-22 at 04:33 PM.

I actually meant to reach out and try to meet, as I knew you were going too. Figured it's always good to put faces to names. I ended up meeting up with a few friends for the day, and got sidetracked. Next time...

Those dudes jumping the logs were nuts. As time went, the face of the logs were getting ugly.
    Saw one guy bin it there in the Pro moto, had to have broke the head welds on his bike since it nosed into a log. Hit his head on the same log and was out for a second. Got up and kept going, eesh. Pretty sure there was a solid concussion going on there.

A lot of dudes were doing a big step up on the first hill when you go into the woods too. That's was sketchy to watch with the big rock and root right where they were landing.

I'm in C Vet and used my camera for the first time finally (been sitting in the box for two years).
    Thought the course was great, weather couldn't have been much more perfect.
    Still need time/practice on jumps, but was getting more comfortable with it towards end of the day.

Here's a link to one of my vids (there's 4 total). Highlights are:
    Moto 1 - 17:00 ended up going straight thru someone's fender when they fell, then two turns later stalled and got smacked into. woops. When I fell, I was sitting on the guys exhaust and couldn't get leverage to get up. Could feel my but getting warm though.
    Moto 1 - Last lap going up the big hill I took the far right line, and smacked the camera (helmet side mount) off a tree. Didn't hit anything else. woof.
    Moto 2 - First lap extreme section I tried the balance beam, since my buddies convinced me it wasn't that bad. Wobbled so bad going up that I didn't do it again. ha.
    Several other things, but that's what sticks in my mind.

https://youtu.be/nlcpJ3nOPv8

Guy hit a tree AND got run over at 8:12!!!!!! Good video, you ran a great race. I'd love to meet up with you next time! Next one we will be at is 2 days at Hemonds.

Any idea why it stalled at 17:14?

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Guy hit a tree AND got run over at 8:12!!!!!! Good video, you ran a great race. I'd love to meet up with you next time! Next one we will be at is 2 days at Hemonds.

Sounded like it bogged down about 10 seconds earlier. Pretty sure 2 strokes don't like low rpms. Probably should be blipping it to keep it clean during the low speed stuff.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

the good guys were DOUBLING those logs.... which blows my mind
    J days are super stressful, yet I find myself doing them still. Lol

Awesome thread. And your right, it's crazy to see how easy the pros double the logs.

I find carrying more roll speed to it helps a lot. I think the next one I can attend is in July. I'll be in your group though. C Senior.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

Thanks. I'm usually consistent in finishing 2/3 to 3/4 pack. This one felt good. Technique is getting better, just need more seat time. And to work on fitness more. One of my buddies runs Sup Sen, and another in B Vet. Been trying to hang out with them more and absorb some better riding.

Oh, that crash with the tree was another one of those cases of.... "ok, i'll just keep going on my way over here".

And yeah, I locked up the rear coming down the hill and stalled. Wasn't rolling quite fast enough to get it to bump off the clutch. Right as I was about to smash the easy button and be on my way, the guy hit me.

I'm half eyeing Crow Hill on July 3, but with the holiday and such, we'll see.
    I want to get over to Hemond's too but still too far away to commit solid on it. Haven't been over there yet.

Oh shit.

I'll definitely be at crow hill. Didn't realize that was July 3rd. That's a fun course.

C Senior. #66 Sam Lakas.
    I'm on a ktm 250sxf with Manchester graphics. Will probably be pitted in the sand pit knowing myself, as I'll be getting there an hour before my first moto. Lol

LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Oh shit.

I'll definitely be at crow hill. Didn't realize that was July 3rd. That's a fun course.

C Senior. #66 Sam Lakas.
    I'm on a ktm 250sxf with Manchester graphics. Will probably be pitted in the sand pit knowing myself, as I'll be getting there an hour before my first moto. Lol
    I love that my son is doing J-days with me, but it does suck that he has to be on the line by 7:30, so we need to be there at like 6:30 to unpack, register, get him geared up and going, etc.

We woke up at 3:30AM for MX207.....

I love that my son is doing J-days with me, but it does suck that he has to be on the line by 7:30, so we need to be there at like 6:30 to unpack, register, get him geared up and going, etc.

We woke up at 3:30AM for MX207.....
    At that point, I'd just camp out at the track the night before.

LRRS/CCS #66

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    At that point, I'd just camp out at the track the night before.
    we will be camping in the trailer for Hemonds, and I think we will get a hotel for the NH one and for Southwick in Nov.

Figuring it out as we go.

DUUUUUUUUDDEEEE

that looked AWESOME

you did great!! that course would've killed me...I love the variety (some logs, some MX, some trails), excitement (dude sailing pas you), the challenge and exhaustion.

we need more!!

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    DUUUUUUUUDDEEEE

that looked AWESOME

you did great!! that course would've killed me...I love the variety (some logs, some MX, some trails), excitement (dude sailing pas you), the challenge and exhaustion.

we need more!!
    Thank you so much dude! Sometimes it feels like an accomplishment just to finish! By the end of the second moto I am toast. I am gonna try to edit my sons video tonight too, down to like 2 minutes.

The dude sailing past me in the air has a orange jersey so that means he was a track marshall lol.

I would love to get so I can clear the tables, I could only make one at this race. Doubles are a hard no, I cant wad myself up too bad casing it lol.

Last edited by xrocket21; 06-08-22 at 06:31 PM.

Do you have a fitness routine or practice longer motos at home?

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Just spent a lot of time on my sons video, came out well, other than the low camera angle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Do you have a fitness routine or practice longer motos at home?
    I do not have a fitness routine, I do have a practice track at home.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 06-08-22 at 09:32 PM.