Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bermuda Motorsports Park MX track

Bermuda Motorsports Park MX track

duplicate post for you Dirty Bastards in case you don't read the Off Topic forums. i'm still down here in heavenly Bermuda, freekin WINDY and chilly today but i jammed out to the motorsports park to snap some pics in case anyone is interested...

the trusty steed for the week, 50cc's of 2-stroke fury i absolutely LOVE rippin around the island on the scooters (ive been down here a bunch in the past), the roads are tight and twisty, everywhere. add in that they drive on the left and you have some FUN times

Bermuda Motorsports Park

The MX track, which is to the left when you enter

it actually looks like a really fun, and technical, little track! most of the jumps were sharp with PLENTY of distance between them. all sorts of doubles, tables, etc. i didnt walk it but seemed to be real narrow and long. so crazy to see the brown, firm dirt next to that beautiful crystal blue water. literally right on the edge of the ocean.

wish i was sticking around through the weekend, would be fun to attend some races or practice if anything is going on. totally vacant today but some workers were installing new tent frames so i got in the gate and wandered around.

there is also a roadracing course right next to it...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Re: Bermuda Motorsports Park MX track

It's out in Southside near the airport as I remember waiting for a flight and listening to MX bikes ripping up the track. Very cool with the aqua blue water as a backdrop. Didn't know they had road racing. Time to move out there. LOL!

Last edited by Rumble; 04-29-10 at 04:51 PM.

yeah, exactly. i never knew it was there until a13x pointed it out in that other thread. we've been a bunch of times but always stay towards the west end (Southampton and Somerset). when i take the scooter out i never go to that end of the airport. def cool to have a park like that on such a tiny island.

the vibrant colors here are nuts.

Last edited by typeone; 04-29-10 at 05:12 PM.
    Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Didn't know they had road racing. Time to move out there. LOL!
    forgot to add... yeah, save up ~7MIL before attempting to buy a home

i wonder how they get full size bikes here for racing, there's a cc limit for road bikes (125cc i think?), must be so expensive to play on those tracks for the locals

Beta 200RR

wait... MX, and road racing, in bermuda? wtf am I doing in NH....

Last edited by typeone; 04-29-10 at 05:49 PM.
    Beta 200RR

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Any mention nothing over 150 cc. just like the rest of the island or is it 250cc?

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

pretty sick...would love to ride and then dip in that blue water. I just got back from cancun last night and miss the blue water aha

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Looks like it has some pretty big jumps. It would be hard not to look out at the ocean mid flight!

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Looks like it has some pretty big jumps. It would be hard not to look out at the ocean mid flight!
    I think you'd have time. Those jumps look very big. One of those tabletops looked like it might have been pushing close to the hundred foot mark.

EDIT: Maybe not, hard to tell with no reference. Still looks pretty cool. I'd most likely hurt myself, but it would be a lot of fun to ride.

Last edited by lrrs313; 04-30-10 at 03:17 PM.
    -Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    wait... MX, and road racing, in bermuda? wtf am I doing in NH....
    Yeah really!!

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    forgot to add... yeah, save up ~7MIL before attempting to buy a home

i wonder how they get full size bikes here for racing, there's a cc limit for road bikes (125cc i think?), must be so expensive to play on those tracks for the locals
    The locals do pretty well -- Bermuda (because its a hub for reinsurance and other financial services) has the highest GDP per capita in the world, I think. There is a set limit of how many houses can be owned by foreigners, and they are all fucking expensive (as you point out.) But home prices for native Bermudians are as reasonable as most countries, if not a little more expensive because there is an obvious land shortage.

I played field hockey for Bermuda last year, they were a pretty good bunch of guys. Here is some random trivia for you -- franchise fast food chains are illegal in Bermuda, except for KFC!

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Any mention nothing over 150 cc. just like the rest of the island or is it 250cc?
    i only see a max of 125cc in the race stats, which i believe is the same max cc for the entire island... although i think i read a post on YouTube a few weeks ago about larger road bikes on that tiny course.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    The locals do pretty well -- Bermuda (because its a hub for reinsurance and other financial services) has the highest GDP per capita in the world, I think. There is a set limit of how many houses can be owned by foreigners, and they are all fucking expensive (as you point out.) But home prices for native Bermudians are as reasonable as most countries, if not a little more expensive because there is an obvious land shortage.

I played field hockey for Bermuda last year, they were a pretty good bunch of guys. Here is some random trivia for you -- franchise fast food chains are illegal in Bermuda, except for KFC!
    right, we were wondering what home sales to Bermudians went for, i havent seen any of that info recently.

all the people we've met and talked to since visiting from '01 on have been extremely warm, welcoming and just generally nice. i miss it already... just got back... but it is good to be home. cant wait to take my full size bike out for a rip, hahaa.

when we were down there around '02 or '03 i had an F4i at the time, chatting it up with our bartender we started talking bikes... i said i ride at home and the scooters are fun... he asked what size my bike was and i said an inline-4 600cc... his eyes bugged out. we were dying.

man did i want my SXV with me to rip some of the more vacant roads, twist after twist after twist. so fun, but completely understandable why they keep all the limits in place.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs313 View Post
    I think you'd have time. Those jumps look very big. One of those tabletops looked like it might have been pushing close to the hundred foot mark.

EDIT: Maybe not, hard to tell with no reference. Still looks pretty cool. I'd most likely hurt myself, but it would be a lot of fun to ride.
    i wish i had my good camera with me, only used my wifes point-and-shoot this trip... should have walked the track to get better pics for you guys...

the jumps were definitely no joke for such a sweet little track like that. steep yet short faces that would just freekin LAUNCH you by the looks of some vids and just visually following the track. the distances between a bunch of them were greater than what we ride at somewhere like Crow Hill. nothing totally insane supercross-style or anything but i was certainly surprised.

Last edited by typeone; 04-30-10 at 05:34 PM.
    Beta 200RR