Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

To the CCC of Vermont: Thanks

Old Fart on a Tiger

I missed the first group that came thru today. But thank you for not riding thru the delicate streambed.

And to the subsequent groups that came thru while I was sitting on a boulder with my dogs, thanks for the courtesy you showed by slowing down, for the friendly waves as you passed, for putting up with my puppy's fierce barking, and most of all for minimizing your impact on the hillside.

That sort of responsible riding will make sure we all have places to ride for years to come.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dear Tiger,
    Lay off the chamomile.
    That is the way we ride everywhere. There is no way on earth we caused the damage you speak of. I have ridden with just about all the girls and guys and have never seen anyone go off the routed ride on to private property. I have been with a group or 2 that got lost and then back tracks to find the proper route.
    You can not legally block a class 4 road to stop 4x4's, although if I was in your shoes I would likely do the same. You speak of young wood chucks tearing up fields in monster trucks that is one thing. We are a group of honest, hard working, adults who ride dirt bikes in the only legal way we can in VT.
    Get off your high horse and give us a break, I asure you that your beef and silt is not with this club or any of it's members.

If the club were to find out that a member did what you speak of during a club ride that person (s) would no longer be a member and the club would try to right the damage.
    This club has had and will have have work days where they don rakes and hoes and shore up class 4 roads.
    I just think you have issues.
    Live and let live.
    OT

It pays to play.

Ride fast,
    You will get farther before it is over!

Did he Ninja edit his post? I see nothing wrong with his comments about CCC.

Should I be calling Ray?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Did he Ninja edit his post?
    Not that I know of.
    FWIW: I signed on and read the OP at 5 pm today and it's the same now as it was 7 and a half hours ago.

I think out thumped is either on the Angel Dust or simply can't read that well...

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    Not that I know of.
    FWIW: I signed on and read the OP at 5 pm today and it's the same now as it was 7 and a half hours ago.

I think out thumped is either on the Angel Dust or simply can't read that well...
    There's always more to the story!!!
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...de-sunday.html

Yamaha

Old Fart on a Tiger

I'll repeat my last post on that thread here:

>Ya know, I hope I do meet you again this morning. I'll try to be up there when you guys come thru. I'd like to start over and pretend that you had stopped by the house that first day and asked permission instead of just riding around the gate. Under those conditions you would have found me a lot easier to get along with. We could have chatted about my concerns and come up with alternatives that worked for all. Lord knows there are enough hunters who use my land with permission. I'd have been glad to have walked it with you, pointing out the delicate spots to avoid.

So let's just pretend that's the way it went down and have a nice talk in the Vermont way, okay?<

And yes, on a thirty degree slope it doesn't take much to disturb the soil enough so subsequent rains wash a lot of it away. The old deer hunters who maintain the private road brought in a lot of fill at the top to restore things to normal. Oh, and OT, it wasn't young chucks who drove over and got stuck on the logging roads...it was pampered Stowe kids driving Daddy's Land Rover who did the damage that made me put that boulder there, plus a couple of tourists seeking the Vermont experience who drove right into the muck and had to be winched out. Woodchucks are more respectful than that. Let go of the venom, okay? Ray and I had a nice talk and I hope what we determined meets with your approval.

Tiger,
    Here is how "DA MOB" Rolls.
    OT

CCCOFVT Moretown Ramble (Pics) - ADVrider

It pays to play.

Ride fast,

Old Fart on a Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by out thumped View Post
    Tiger,
    Here is how "DA MOB" Rolls.
    OT

CCCOFVT Moretown Ramble (Pics) - ADVrider
    Nice.

So are you going to take me up on the offer to sit down and chat? Coffee's on me, the good stuff. Come on over this weekend, meet the wife and the dogs, walk the land with me so I can show the more sensitive spots.

You free Saturday morning?

Tiger;
    Thanks, but no, I have to work,

The proloteriate don't get no weekends off and I seriously don't want to see your "sensitive Spots"

However do Have a charming weekend with the dogs.
    OT

It pays to play.

Ride fast,

Old Fart on a Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by out thumped View Post
    Tiger;
    Thanks, but no, I have to work,

The proloteriate don't get no weekends off and I seriously don't want to see your "sensitive Spots"

However do Have a charming weekend with the dogs.
    OT
    Understood, OT. I'm a working stiff. And to one of your earlier points, years ago we put a conservation easement on nearly 150 acres so that land would never be converted to the McMansions that spring up around our old farmhouse with annoying regularity.

We're hardly bourgoise!

Anyway, the coffee offer stands if you ever feel like talking face-to-face.

Peace