Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Charity MX Days at NHMX

Charity MX Days at NHMX

http://stimilon.com/registration/

The domain should tell you all you need to know. Click it, choose the New England Legends Charity Ride, read up, sign up, come play. I'll be there Saturday if anyone wants to push me past my jumping roadblock into actually hitting a double.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Charity MX Days at NHMX

omg, noooo ! not that i can change my schedule now but i wish i heard about this earlier.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Didn't see anyone from NESR there Saturday, was hoping to hang with some friends. Oh well, rode with Doug Henry and others instead. About as perfect a day at an MX track as you could ask for:
    - Check in at 10am, get your wrist band and raffle ticket.
    - 11am there was a 3 minute riders' meeting, TLDR don't try to win practice, we want the medical team to have a boring day so don't be stupid. Track is now open.

-- Open track from 11am to 4pm, ride as much or as little as you want when you want and because entries were limited it was never a packed track. Had a ball, everyone was riding clean, I eventually built up to something resembling a 'pace' and successfully aired the 150 SX enough that I have a mark on my muffler from my rear brake line. The track is laid out so there isn't anything that will hurt you if you come up short so great for building confidence. There are also a couple gnarly drop offs that the real brave clear...

- 4pm track closed and I swear Davo bought two large pizzas per person, and had a cooler full of beer and water for any and all.
    - 5pm and in traditional Davo fashion there were a crap ton of raffle prizes including booze and plastics off current top MX riders along with signed and framed pics from Doug Henry and others.

I didn't know anyone outside of Davo there, but had a few different people chat me up over the course of the day, owner of the track making sure everyone was happy, couple older National riders whom I've forgotten names of having fun bullshitting, was just a friendly relaxing day, no drama. Best part was talking to Doug and I was the only one that asked about his Supermoto time, got to chat Loudon for a bit. Also, the eng time that went into his bike (got to talk to the guy that built and maintains it) was pretty slick, more bikes have been built for others based on it since.

This looks to be a yearly event, seems like a good one to not miss.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Southwick was the "best" course I ever rode, sure, but NHMX was always the most fun. Wish I could have been there!

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

great to hear it was a success and that it will be a yearly event! i think that was the last time i saw Doug in person, at a sumo event down in CT, bet it was cool to chat. such a nice guy.

Beta 200RR