Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The covered bridge in NH??

Originally posted by TheIglu
    PUSSY!
    Oh yeah I tried to decorate the girls bush but she got up early.

KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Ride Report:

Once again, I'm pleased with my choice of bikes even when serious woods riding is taking place. I need to get some new tires and do suspension but I would of had to do that anyways no matter what bike I ended up with.
    Two-strokes smoke, four-strokes choke.

Those tires would be Pirelli MT18/MT16. The MT18 has lots of beefy sidewall, which allows you to air down a 19" tire. They wear pretty well, and are a good all-around tire.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by ChR1s View Post
    Two-strokes smoke, four-strokes choke.

Those tires would be Pirelli MT18/MT16. The MT18 has lots of beefy sidewall, which allows you to air down a 19" tire. They wear pretty well, and are a good all-around tire.
    Not to bring up dead threads or anything....

Would you guys run MT18 Front/MT16 rear?

I'm going to get the new skins shortly.....then comes suspension time.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

yep, MT16 rear is a good choice for your CR if you want a durable tire. In looking at my previous post, I'd gottem them reversed. Not sure about running an MT18 front though, as they're kinda heavy and the knobs are closely spaced. If you want to do mx, you may want to look at lighter tires for that 125.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

It would be for 90% woods, 10% slow cumbersome and unskilled MX riding.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Michelin S12s work for both. I don't know how much better the Pirellis are in the woods, as I've never tried them. I'll need a set this season, and may ive the Pirellis a shot.

Paul_E_D

S12s are okay on soft stuff. Stay away from rocks/hard pack with them, as their longish knobs fold right over. I'll run an S12 rear and M12 front, but not an S12 front unless I know the surface will be mostly soft. I'm not a fan of the M12 rear for woods around here -- they slide out too easily over roots. Those Pirellis will give you the most wear for your buck, and are good all-around tires.

I'll try them out! I've heard it said that for the New England woods, TRIALS tires are the ticket. Anyone here ever try them?

Paul_E_D

A dirty mag recently did a comparison with them. They recently became popular in more arid, western regions. I would never run them, and not just because they're expensive.

Paul -- May issue of Dirt Rider has an article about running trials tires.

Inside the nutshell: GREAT tires, for riding slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I'll try them out! I've heard it said that for the New England woods, TRIALS tires are the ticket. Anyone here ever try them?
    A friend of mine put a trials tire on his KTM 200xcw and rode it around my rock filled trail last weekend...after a night of heavy rain...and he said he wouldn't ride new england trails without one again. He said that tire sticks to everything...roots, rocks...and being wet I'm guessing he knows a thing or two about riding trails, he was an A rider when he stopped riding enduros a couple years ago

Yamaha

If only he'd been running a trials tire...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123