Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crow Hill MX - Sat 7/18

Crow Hill MX - Sat 7/18

Looks like I got clearance from the missus, so I'll be there on Sat.

Anyone else interested? C'mon Clinton!!

Tomato can you make it out there? It would be great to turn some laps with ya again.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    spes sibi quisque

LRRS AM #511 (retired)
    DNF Racing

Re: Crow Hill MX - Sat 7/18

oh, i'm interested

will let you know what Sat looks like. if i dont have to play houseBitch, i'm there.

Beta 200RR

I'm out. I'm surfing this weekend, but riding locally sunday to get warmed up for Monday at Southwick (Stimilon Academy rescheduled)

Paul_E_D

Dave, I'm in for Sat, see you there

Paul, wish I could join you for either day but Sun is booked and two new projects starting next week jealous you'll be back on the big track.

Beta 200RR

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

Hahaha

I'd love to get back on that track I felt like a champion when I rode the crf around the house as my tolerance for difficulty was rasied x5 after riding CH saturday. the trails I have ridden are difficult but nothing like tracking .... MX style.

at the track the berms are big and sweeping and the track is wide and forgiving the speed is up and so is the traction. you can see whats coming up ahead of you .... just like riding VIR and Mid Ohio there are some areas that you just have to trust that the road is going to be there over the hill .... you can see the approach and then thru the turn. I can see why so many guys that raced dirt come to road racing and do well. Can't think of anyone in particular but ....... you guys know of any?

on the trails the berms are tight and narrow so speeds are down and there are roots and stumps and rocks and slippery stuff everywhere. makes for very technical skill but there are NO jumps and no vision thru the turns (damn trees).

Wish I could go this afternoon as I have a hockey buddy that will be racing the AMA Nationals weekend at Southwick! pfffft .... apparently he's really good. He said he will be at CH today and possibly (doubtful as he is racing Sunday @ ?? forget where) able to make it Saturdy. He works a canteen truck so he goes in the afternoon on thursday. Have to hook up with him at some point too ..... that way I can try to keep up with you guys

I defff need some schooling on how / what to do when jumping.

I put my request in to the GF

...... ... .. ... .. ... ... .. .. ... .. .. . . . . . . . . . . .... .. ... .. . .. .. ... ... .... . ... ... .. . .... ... ... .. ... ... ...... .. . . . ... . .. .. . . . .. .. . .. . . .. . .. .. .. . ... .. .. . . ... .... ... . .. . . . . . .. .. .. ... ..... .. . . ... . .... .. .. . . ... .. ... ... .. . .. . .. . . . ... .. . .< morse code for me doing the .please baby please can I gooooooooo dance.

Last edited by The Crashing Tomato; 07-16-09 at 08:52 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Yeah, CH has actually gotten to be a technical little track over the last year or so. After riding southwick, I realized that CH has TONS more variety of corners and obstacles.

Rocky Hill in CT is trickier still.

All of it makes trail riding seem dramatically easier. There's no question in my mind that if you want to get fast and confident in the woods, track practice is the quickest way there.

Paul_E_D

*starting to love ALL forms of two wheeled riding / racing* Ive ridden street for 19 and track for 3 and now dirty trail for 2 and dirty track 1 day .... weeeeeeee

yes Mr. Duval, there has to be some time in your awesomely busy schedule to squeeze a ride in with T'mater.

yes sir I know he is climbing Mt Everest next week buuuuuut .... C'mon

Last edited by The Crashing Tomato; 07-16-09 at 09:02 AM.
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Lol! I've got 4 sports going on right now. It's a little much, but I can't really see letting any of 'em go. I'm addicted.

Paul_E_D

LOL YUP Hockey, dirt, road, secks, family, guitar hero ......

The rule is:

just got some new gear, looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Clinton what time are you planning on getting there? I usually show up around 9am.

spes sibi quisque

LRRS AM #511 (retired)
    DNF Racing

cool, whatcha get? i'm shopping for some vented pants and new gloves

i usually roll in around 10 but i can try to shoot for earlier since you'll be there already. will try to get the rig in order today rather than in the AM to save time. wanna score the lower lot spot again?

Beta 200RR

I tried cleaning my goggles and ended up snapping the lens out of the housing and cracking it. Oops... They were cheapos. So I got a new set of Oakley goggles with tear offs (they were on sale). I also got a new pair of pants, the Thor pants I have are the tuck-in kind and I wanted a looser set that go over my boots.

Yea def planning on parking in the lower lot. I'll have my ez-up with me again. Bike will be on the trailer this afternoon

RINGGGGGGGG DA DA DINGGGGGG

spes sibi quisque

LRRS AM #511 (retired)
    DNF Racing

hmm, i ventured around to the local shops today looking for vented pants, gloves, under-shorts and goggles/tear-offs but came back empty handed. lame.

dont really need anything but would be nice to add some hot-weather MX gear to the mix. ive been a fan of the over-the-boot style Thor Ride pants for a while but shit they can be HOT on humid days. on my second or third pair but not into the revisions they keep putting in place. lost the belt loops, dont stay up well, pockets got less secure, etc.

heading out now to get the Husky in order.. .

Beta 200RR

are you guys going to run in the mud / slop or does this place drain well ..... just remembering a couple of posts saying something about drainage

The rule is:

the drainage thing was about the step-down in to the left-hander by the parking lot, drainage system there collapsed, it was being repaired when we were there last.

as long as the status page says the track is open, i'll be up there. updates on Sat are posted by 8AM Crow Hill Track Status

Beta 200RR

SWEEEEET I'm leaving Leicester in 15 -20 mins should be there in an hour from that.

The rule is:

see you up there

Beta 200RR

wow, tough day. track was hungry for riders and deeto was hungry for roost sorry man! i'm gonna be nervous behind you our next session out

the rain last night made for some slop which then led to deep, tricky ruts. lots of riders eating it over and over. ambulance for one rider, hope he's OK.

still had a real sick day. great to see you Dave and Matt, had a blast as always!

Beta 200RR

Good to see you too D & C I will find strength to get my bike started with a little help from my friends ha ha I was on the verge of being spent trying to start that thing thanks for sticking it out so I could have those two 2-smokers fly over my head on that last moto. Way coooool !!!

till next time

The rule is:

great time today fellas!

Lots of crashes today as Clinton said - in fact the most I can remember in one day at CH. There's a race tomorrow so a few kids were pushing a little bit too hard given the conditions.

Matt you're lookin great out there!

And yeah Clinton I owe you one... wait no, two.

spes sibi quisque

LRRS AM #511 (retired)
    DNF Racing

forgot to add info on the track changes... the sand section had another 'double' added, after the last right-hander out of the back leading to the straight with looooong jump... they threw another double in before that straight. pretty cool

the first jump in the sand section was changed a little too i think, there was a ramp then the landing was almost like a whoop section or something. the second sand jump had a great ramp all day. actually, the sand was excellent from all the rain, real fun back there.

the other change was completely wack to me, the small 'chicane' after the looong jump where you normally pop over a high spot to the left, then jam right... after the high bump they graded the right-hand corner completely off camber. like riding the side of a hill but in the wrong direction of what you would expect.

so hard to explain, maybe the other guys can do better, but i didn't really like that change. it just caused a huge rut to form then a train of riders in the rut. kinda one other line but even on a day with great track conditions, i dont understand what they were trying to achieve with that obstacle.

the drainage issue in the step-down area got real bad, freekin lake over there. some guy was down in the murky water almost all day fishing around for something then they had a sump pump jamming for the rest of the day but man was it still deep. lotta work to correct that still

Beta 200RR

Ya I was there Tuesday for the change. I dont like the jump right after the upward sandy trail. Thats becuase im horrible and can never get enough speed to clear it.

that was my goal for the day and on the last moto I had enough speed to land on top of the bump which bounced me over the second bump / whoop ... I am a big jump baby soo for me to even push it that far is huuuuuge

even if I just land that jump correctly i will feel accomplished enogh to make other jump successes

The rule is:

which one of you guys is running #161 (i think) on your number plates? saw you headed home down rt. 56 around 4:00 on saturday and thought i recognized the bike.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

that would be the tomato

spes sibi quisque

LRRS AM #511 (retired)
    DNF Racing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast