Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

J-Day Offroad Hemonds MX GP July 30 & 31!!!!!!!

J-Day Offroad Hemonds MX GP July 30 & 31!!!!!!!

Race day weekend! We will be tenting and be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I run the back of C-Senior and my son runs the back of Pee-wee Bantam. Anyone else going? I would love to meet up with someone with other kids to keep my kids entertained (my 10 year old daughter and her friend will be there too. Gonna be a hot weeekend!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Re: J-Day Offroad Hemonds MX GP July 30 & 31!!!!!!!

Keep your eyes out for Cooper Webb (factory KTM supercross rider for those who may not know). Apparently he is making an appearance to ride there this weekend.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Keep your eyes out for Cooper Webb (factory KTM supercross rider for those who may not know). Apparently he is making an appearance to ride there this weekend.
    Are you thinking of last weekend? There was a race there lat weekend I heard he was going to be at.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Are you thinking of last weekend? There was a race there lat weekend I heard he was going to be at.
    What I saw was that he would be there for the JDay this weekend. I think it was on his instagram

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

What I saw was that he would be there for the JDay this weekend. I think it was on his instagram
    Badass, hopefully we can meet him! Thanks for the info dude!

He's going to be at MX207 for Thursday's open expert practice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    He's going to be at MX207 for Thursday's open expert practice too.
    My son and I did an MX school at Hemonds a few weeks ago and OH MAN did it make me miss the perfect table tops and soft dirt of MX207. Hemonds was a wonky gravel pit hard as concrete.

Moto 1 down. Hardest track yet, SO many people down in the woods. Hardest extreme section too.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

nice job gettin' in the mix !! couldn't make this (plus i am in absolute shite condition) but heads up we're thinking of taking the boys up to Hemonds for an MX school. i'd love to hit the off-road park while they do that. will keep you posted in case you guys can join.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    nice job gettin' in the mix !! couldn't make this (plus i am in absolute shite condition) but heads up we're thinking of taking the boys up to Hemonds for an MX school. i'd love to hit the off-road park while they do that. will keep you posted in case you guys can join.
    We did the hemonds class a few weeks ago. I dont think it was worth $120 for my son and I for 1 hour. Pretty much sit forward more, squeeze the tank with your legs, elbows up... that was about the extent of the instruction. Then rode the big and small tracks behind the pro. Nice guy for sure, but mostly talked to my son, i didnt really get anything out of it. Best part is he picked a smallish tabletop 35' amd we hit it multiple times which let me hit it faster and faster till I cleared it which was cool.

Paying $20 each for anopen practice on a wednesday would be more beneficial for us.

If you do do it, just get the group lesson, more people rarely show up. Private is more just to ensure it is just you.

You should come 1 hour more after and we can do a good woods ride!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails J-Day Offroad Hemonds MX GP July 30 & 31!!!!!!!-e5liwsg-jpg  

We did the hemonds class a few weeks ago. I dont think it was worth $120 for my son and I for 1 hour. Pretty much sit forward more, squeeze the tank with your legs, elbows up... that was about the extent of the instruction. Then rode the big and small tracks behind the pro. Nice guy for sure, but mostly talked to my son, i didnt really get anything out of it. Best part is he picked a smallish tabletop 35' amd we hit it multiple times which let me hit it faster and faster till I cleared it which was cool.

Paying $20 each for anopen practice on a wednesday would be more beneficial for us.

If you do do it, just get the group lesson, more people rarely show up. Private is more just to ensure it is just you.

You should come 1 hour more after and we can do a good woods ride!
    sweet pics and thanks for the feedback on lessons, this would just be for the kids. i remembered they did the evening classes almost daily but apparently no 'race' bikes allowed so we can't do that now. maybe that was way too beginner friendly so i'll look into the group lessons.

i'm more interested in the off-road park areas but would def enjoy some track time as well. what are the woods loops like? i assume we can camp any time? no sweat if not sure, i was just reading quick this morning.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    sweet pics and thanks for the feedback on lessons, this would just be for the kids. i remembered they did the evening classes almost daily but apparently no 'race' bikes allowed so we can't do that now. maybe that was way too beginner friendly so i'll look into the group lessons.

i'm more interested in the off-road park areas but would def enjoy some track time as well. what are the woods loops like? i assume we can camp any time? no sweat if not sure, i was just reading quick this morning.
    Practices are wednesdays, no weekends. Pretty sure you cant camp there on a non race day. More than welcome to park a camper on my lawn, we could hook you up to power and water, we have an actual campsite for a tent too.

The main woods loops were mostly narrow dirt roads, you could drive a truck down them. Lots of options for harder stuff though, almost like a ski mountain with many options rated at different difficulties.

They dont let you run the track unless youre getting a lesson.

Basically the track is closed weekends but one guy will come do a lesson.

You do have lesson options too, track, woods, or whatever you want to learn.

He was doing 2 lessons and after our lesson he let us run the woods while he did the second lesson, but when that was done we had to leave. He also let the dad from the second lesson run the woods too.

Last edited by xrocket21; 08-01-22 at 10:47 AM.

Practices are wednesdays, no weekends. Pretty sure you cant camp there on a non race day. More than welcome to park a camper on my lawn, we could hook you up to power and water, we have an actual campsite for a tent too.

The main woods loops were mostly narrow dirt roads, you could drive a truck down them. Lots of options for harder stuff though, almost like a ski mountain with many options rated at different difficulties.

They dont let you run the track unless youre getting a lesson.

Basically the track is closed weekends but one guy will come do a lesson.

You do have lesson options too, track, woods, or whatever you want to learn.

He was doing 2 lessons and after our lesson he let us run the woods while he did the second lesson, but when that was done we had to leave. He also let the dad from the second lesson run the woods too.
    We rented the small track for a practice day of 5 or 6 hours. Less the 20 of us and worked out to maybe $30 per person. Stupid amount of practice for short money. This was maybe 7-8 years ago, so not sure if they still do it…
    The big track has some gnarly hits, the big step down was not something I was willing to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    We rented the small track for a practice day of 5 or 6 hours. Less the 20 of us and worked out to maybe $30 per person. Stupid amount of practice for short money. This was maybe 7-8 years ago, so not sure if they still do it…
    The big track has some gnarly hits, the big step down was not something I was willing to go for.
    I agree, the big track is just insane. One of the pros cased a big double down at the bottom and got pretty fucked up, ambulance and everything.

The big downhill drop into a corner is pretty insane too.

MX207 was SO much easier and reasonable, Hemonds is just ridiculous in some parts lol.

Webb and Robbie Marshall battled there Saturday. I wasn’t there but there is some video online of it. I was trying to figure out Palmer backwards on Monday. No video of that. It was ugly for me, but fun!

https://youtu.be/emBaFAOQs-I

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by backinthesaddle; 08-02-22 at 08:32 PM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

Just uploaded an unedited video of my boy, he is only 7 and just learning but he does a great job out there!!!!